Kitchener Rangers 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 3)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
Tonight is the battle of the worst against the first. Ottawa has 171 GF , 95 GA and a PCT of 0.800. Kitch 133 GF , 137 GA and a PCT OF 0.450. Ottawa first overall league wide. Rangers 17th. Two great squads going for it. Get out the popcorn and sit back in your seat. Tonight we will see what the boys are made of down at the Aud. Miracles happen.

It wouldn't be this season.

I think for it to work it has to be HC and with a new GM. As an assistant he just gets lost in the dirty laundry. This organization needs a total purge to bring in a new attitude. What better time to do it than going into a massive rebuild next season.

I get your point. Obviously it needs a lot more investigation than what I've done. My point really is that the brand of hockey I saw last evening at a JrB level was way more exciting than I've seen at the Aud the past decade+ and whoever is in charge of that should at least be given a look.
Sounds like you did a lot more comprehensive coaching search than what was done for that guy standing behind the Rangers bench.

TheBlueMonster

Sep 14, 2022
Tonight VS Ottawa:

Ottawa played last night in Barrie and handled them with ease.

Kitchener has an opportunity to catch a team on the road, on a back to back so there is 0 ZERO reason why this game doesn't start on time.

The time for Dennis to put up or shut up has come.

He now needs to just shut the F up and put together a plan with no excuse.

An 0-3 weekend by the way, better result in our local media and you can bet that some are on this site or at least lurking, but it better result in them calling someone out. Enough is enough. No need to tow the line when all 4s are flat.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
From all reports Ottawa will come at the Rangers with a strong forecheck like the old Whalers under Deboer. First time we saw the Whalers at the Aud our necks were sore watching all the play in one end. Relentlessly cycling the puck in the offensive end. Rangers better be ready right off the hop. These guys were going before the deadline. They are 1st place in the league. Be a nice trophy for the Rangers to show they are legit despite the coach. 10 buck tall boys might go down quick if the Rangers falter early.

Reactions: rve24

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
From all reports Ottawa will come at the Rangers with a strong forecheck like the old Whalers under Deboer. First time we saw the Whalers at the Aud our necks were sore watching all the play in one end. Relentlessly cycling the puck in the offensive end. Rangers better be ready right off the hop. These guys were going before the deadline. They are 1st place in the league. Be a nice trophy for the Rangers to show they are legit despite the coach. 10 buck tall boys might go down quick if the Rangers falter early.
I'll just drink $2 tallboys at home and change the channel 😁

TheBlueMonster

Sep 14, 2022
Fully agree. Is the Board of Directors can't give me a winner, I am not giving them my brew money. Hey, I got popcorn at home as well.

I am not going tonight. Gave the seats away. Going to head to Stratford and watch some Junior B action.

Watching the Rangers right now is like watching titanic on vhs in the 90's. First VHS ends and you think its over, then you realize not only is there more, but it gets worse lol.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013

I’m not sure that is going to happen tonight. Ottawa has been forced to play a lot of full on defence because of all the players out of th lineup. They’ve managed to get a couple back but last night they were still missing Morrison, Rohrer and Boucher who would normally line up as their #1 and #2 Centres and #2 RW.

Since Ottawa is weak down the middle right now, they’ve played more passive. They stay on the puck but they aren’t as aggressive offensively. They more come at you defensively. You’ll see a lot of solid sticks in the lane and pressure on the puck but when they are short, they pressure more with one guy as opposed to two.

So, unless Ottawa gets Morrison back tonight, I’m not sure we will see the full force. We’ll probably see more of what we saw last night. A team that shot it down defensively, limited chances and took advantage of opportunities they were given offensively.

Reactions: bobber

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
I’m not sure that is going to happen tonight. Ottawa has been forced to play a lot of full on defence because of all the players out of th lineup. They’ve managed to get a couple back but last night they were still missing Morrison, Rohrer and Boucher who would normally line up as their #1 and #2 Centres and #2 RW.

Since Ottawa is weak down the middle right now, they’ve played more passive. They stay on the puck but they aren’t as aggressive offensively. They more come at you defensively. You’ll see a lot of solid sticks in the lane and pressure on the puck but when they are short, they pressure more with one guy as opposed to two.

So, unless Ottawa gets Morrison back tonight, I’m not sure we will see the full force. We’ll probably see more of what we saw last night. A team that shot it down defensively, limited chances and took advantage of opportunities they were given offensively.
Sounds like they have a coach behind the bench. **jealous**

RangerNation

Jul 24, 2015
London
Ottawa at Kitchener:
Arcuri-Pinelli-Martin
Misaljevic-Zhilkin-Valade
Sop-Rehkopf-Mesar
Pugliese-Mercer-Bottineau

Moore-Schmidt
Hamara-Brzustewicz
Andonovski-Hollett

Costantini

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
I'll just drink $2 tallboys at home and change the channel 😁
We never drank down at the Aud. Couldn't afford it. Just the reek of booze off the drunks beside us was enough to give you a buzz. One was drunk before he got to the rink most times. He use to yell about the seeing three pucks on the ice and 12 players. That was in the warm up:naughty:

Reactions: rve24

OHLoutsider2020

Aug 30, 2019
Ottawa at Kitchener:
Arcuri-Pinelli-Martin
Misaljevic-Zhilkin-Valade
Sop-Rehkopf-Mesar
Pugliese-Mercer-Bottineau

Moore-Schmidt
Hamara-Brzustewicz
Andonovski-Hollett

Costantini
How come Roman Schmidt only goes after the young guys ? What a tool. Guy is 6’5” and throws punches and fights anyone 17 or less. Embarrassing.

Reactions: NoQuit67s

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I tried to tell you. Ottawa missing their top 2 centres which means they rely on the defensive side.

Costantini outplayed MacKenzie and in the end, that was the main deciding factor. Both teams had some strong chances.

Rangers skated most of the game and that resulted in opportunities. Took advantage of opportunities. Well played.

Ottawa just does not have the depth down the middle to be missing two key centres. We can miss one but not two. Defence is key and Kitchener pushed hard enough to make that a difficult option.

Reactions: bobber

Gondrex

Apr 10, 2017
Man, I've never seen such a "Jekyll and Hyde"-like team in my life.
For the longest while last night I thought they had switched jerseys before the game.
So now what?......a five game win streak?

Reactions: OHLoutsider2020

RangerNation

Jul 24, 2015
London
These are the games I've missed. High energy, scoring first!, crowd is into it, a fight, a win. All we ask for is consistency. Honestly they could lose every away game and I won't care. Just give me some entertainment on Friday nights.

Reactions: All the Answers

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Told you miracles happen. It was the battle of the Pinelli /Constantini brothers. We all know how that goes when we were kids playing road hockey. Pinelli played like a captain. Scored a hell of a timely goal. This game the team got ahead and never got into the funk where they all look like lost puppies on the bench. Schmitt actually got into a fight and did okay. Has to start some where. He will be a target in pro. Horner's stats show 4 games no points. Go figure. Sent him out for a spark. Go out and fight the biggest guy on the ice. Got to give the kid credit for doing it. Always like the way Dave Cameron coached. Both goalies made some incredible saves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad