Kitchener Rangers 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 3)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
i haven't been paying attention but sounds like rangers fans are just about ready to start tossing waffles!

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
We had some boos at the end of the first period on Tuesday and few fire Dennis chants near the end of the game, although, I don't think 2 guys yelling it would classify a chant. If it's a blowout to start the 3rd period on Friday, I can imagine more boos. The audible gasps of frustration after a goal against is getting louder. A jersey on the ice would just cause Dennis and MM to blame the fans for not being P-word.
Actually, Im coming around to the idea that this season may be the best thing to happen to the Rangers. The organization has been getting away from some of the very standard basics on how to operate and maintain a winning sports team.
This season may be the Great Reset we've been hearing about,,,,if so lets bring on those losses! Short term pain (3 yrs??) for long term gain. Until the next time............

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
We had some boos at the end of the first period on Tuesday and few fire Dennis chants near the end of the game, although, I don't think 2 guys yelling it would classify a chant. If it's a blowout to start the 3rd period on Friday, I can imagine more boos. The audible gasps of frustration after a goal against is getting louder. A jersey on the ice would just cause Dennis and MM to blame the fans for not being P-word.
Whatever is done to convey the disappointment, I sincerely hope it is directed at management and NOT the players. I know most fans realize this already.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Actually, Im coming around to the idea that this season may be the best thing to happen to the Rangers. The organization has been getting away from some of the very standard basics on how to operate and maintain a winning sports team.
This season may be the Great Reset we've been hearing about,,,,if so lets bring on those losses! Short term pain (3 yrs??) for long term gain. Until the next time............
No matter what the atmosphere is down at the Storied Old Aud MM won't admit he failed miserably this season. He still thinks this team will dominate the west once they get their mojo going. The seats will be full tomorrow again. This is the measure of success. 7000 fans can't be wrong can they?

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
No matter what the atmosphere is down at the Storied Old Aud MM won't admit he failed miserably this season. He still thinks this team will dominate the west once they get their mojo going. The seats will be full tomorrow again. This is the measure of success. 7000 fans can't be wrong can they?
I'm going just so I can see how much Pinelli has progressed and improved. Not Francesco.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
Maybe they can direct oktoberfest sausages into the management suite... :naughty:

I kid.. Don't throw anything at anyone at any sporting event....
I agree about not throwing things. But I think waffles would be funny as heII. So Leaf like 😁

I'm going just so I can see how much Pinelli has progressed and improved. Not Francesco.

I don't have a problem with Francesco Pinelli since beginning of December. What I have noticed is Arcuri, Moore and Zhilkin have all but disappeared after strong starts.

Reactions: sbpointer

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
I agree about not throwing things. But I think waffles would be funny as heII. So Leaf like 😁

I don't have a problem with Francesco Pinelli since beginning of December. What I have noticed is Arcuri, Moore and Zhilkin have all but disappeared after strong starts.
I guess when Serpa said the Rangers never had structure it came from his coach in Oshawa. They probably scouted the Rangers. They never seem to get a line that really connects. Opponents tie up one player on the 1st line and it goes all to hell. They should at least be able to put a line together that is somewhat of a threat. Even rebuilding teams that sold off can do this.

Reactions: rangersblues

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
I guess when Serpa said the Rangers never had structure it came from his coach in Oshawa. They probably scouted the Rangers. They never seem to get a line that really connects. Opponents tie up one player on the 1st line and it goes all to hell. They should at least be able to put a line together that is somewhat of a threat. Even rebuilding teams that sold off can do this.
Rangers should have two lines that should be a threat against any line. And the 3rd line "should" be good enough to compete favourably against any teams lower lines.

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
We all know how they can solve this problem right???...
:sarcasm::huh::help:

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
Just got back from the Cambridge Redhawk, Stratford Warriors game. Usually JrB is a noticeable notch below OHL. This was not. Great pace, fast transition and pretty rough. Everything the Rangers are not.

Adam Wallace coaches Cambridge. His father Bill is GM. Adam played defense for the 09, 10 Windsor Memorial Cup teams. Didn't score much but led the team in penalty minutes. Coached Cambridge to a surprise Midwest Championship last season.

The Rangers may have a coach right under their noses. I doubt he would abandon his team this season this close to the playoffs; I honestly don't think Dennis is going anywhere anyway this season. But since we're going into a massive rebuild anyway next season, and don't ever seem to hire big name coaches, we could do a lot worse. At the very least the team he has now plays fast hard nosed inspired hockey.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
i haven't been paying attention but sounds like rangers fans are just about ready to start tossing waffles!

They could probably toast them with the lasers coming out their eyeballz now too!

Maybe they can direct oktoberfest sausages into the management suite... :naughty:

I kid.. Don't throw anything at anyone at any sporting event....

What about insults?

TheBlueMonster

Sep 14, 2022
Just got back from the Cambridge Redhawk, Stratford Warriors game. Usually JrB is a noticeable notch below OHL. This was not. Great pace, fast transition and pretty rough. Everything the Rangers are not.

Adam Wallace coaches Cambridge. His father Bill is GM. Adam played defense for the 09, 10 Windsor Memorial Cup teams. Didn't score much but led the team in penalty minutes. Coached Cambridge to a surprise Midwest Championship last season.

The Rangers may have a coach right under their noses. I doubt he would abandon his team this season this close to the playoffs; I honestly don't think Dennis is going anywhere anyway this season. But since we're going into a massive rebuild anyway next season, and don't ever seem to hire big name coaches, we could do a lot worse. At the very least the team he has now plays fast hard nosed inspired hockey.
Former Ranger and a current CHL coach whose inline for Coach of the year Matt O'Dette would have been a nice higher a decade ago.

Adam Wallace certainly is a good coach but I don't think he has much desire to throw himself in this situation. He'll always have the hawks to fall back on but he's built a tidy program in which he has full confidence from ownership.

I'd love to see him here, even as an A/C.

Mar 12, 2009

Maybe, and he may be good, but with his Father being the GM, are we really going to hire another guy who got his start because of who his Dad is and where he works?

Catching up on some reading. Did Josh Brown call Danny Zhilkin a Russian?

He was born in Moscow.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Tonight is the battle of the worst against the first. Ottawa has 171 GF , 95 GA and a PCT of 0.800. Kitch 133 GF , 137 GA and a PCT OF 0.450. Ottawa first overall league wide. Rangers 17th. Two great squads going for it. Get out the popcorn and sit back in your seat. Tonight we will see what the boys are made of down at the Aud. Miracles happen.

• Haha

Gondrex

Apr 10, 2017
Goals against for this team wasn't that bad just prior to Christmas break. In the 7 games since though, if my math is correct, I believe it is about 5.28 goals per game. I think as Even Steven pointed out in a previous post, the lack of good man-to-man coverage in the D-zone recently has been glaring.

To me it was particularly obvious against a team like Oshawa, where the older Rangers did perhaps controll the play in the Gen's end for much of the game, but the younger bunch played way better defensively than the Rangers did. One could certainly make an argument that Kitchener couldn't catch a break with all those posts that were hit, but at the end of the day, the D-zone coverage seemed to let them down. The result was what it was.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Goals against for this team wasn't that bad just prior to Christmas break. In the 7 games since though, if my math is correct, I believe it is about 5.28 goals per game. I think as Even Steven pointed out in a previous post, the lack of good man-to-man coverage in the D-zone recently has been glaring.

To me it was particularly obvious against a team like Oshawa, where the older Rangers did perhaps controll the play in the Gen's end for much of the game, but the younger bunch played way better defensively than the Rangers did. One could certainly make an argument that Kitchener couldn't catch a break with all those posts that were hit, but at the end of the day, the D-zone coverage seemed to let them down. The result was what it was.
Never had much faith last year in the Ranger's D. Too soft and easily pushed round. This year same deal. The Knights a huge difference in that loss to the Rangers. Just kept them to the outside and grated the forwards along the boards. You are correct. Rangers are horrible at D-zone coverage. They never seem to generate offense in the slot area of the ice in the offensive zone also. When they do get in the slot they pass off almost every time. Not sure if it's nerves but would be nice to see some hard shots from the D when they get into the middle. Basically the coach said it's on them now so they are trying anything they can muster.

Gondrex

Apr 10, 2017
Never had much faith last year in the Ranger's D. Too soft and easily pushed round. This year same deal. The Knights a huge difference in that loss to the Rangers. Just kept them to the outside and grated the forwards along the boards. You are correct. Rangers are horrible at D-zone coverage. They never seem to generate offense in the slot area of the ice in the offensive zone also. When they do get in the slot they pass off almost every time. Not sure if it's nerves but would be nice to see some hard shots from the D when they get into the middle. Basically the coach said it's on them now so they are trying anything they can muster.

....and as you pointed out, Ottawa has the stingiest GA in the league.....they always seem to. The way things are going with this team, the odds of being shut out tonight are high.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
Former Ranger and a current CHL coach whose inline for Coach of the year Matt O'Dette would have been a nice higher a decade ago.

Adam Wallace certainly is a good coach but I don't think he has much desire to throw himself in this situation. He'll always have the hawks to fall back on but he's built a tidy program in which he has full confidence from ownership.

I'd love to see him here, even as an A/C.
It wouldn't be this season.

I think for it to work it has to be HC and with a new GM. As an assistant he just gets lost in the dirty laundry. This organization needs a total purge to bring in a new attitude. What better time to do it than going into a massive rebuild next season.
Maybe, and he may be good, but with his Father being the GM, are we really going to hire another guy who got his start because of who his Dad is and where he works?

I get your point. Obviously it needs a lot more investigation than what I've done. My point really is that the brand of hockey I saw last evening at a JrB level was way more exciting than I've seen at the Aud the past decade+ and whoever is in charge of that should at least be given a look.

Last edited:

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
It wouldn't be this season.

I think for it to work it has to be HC and with a new GM. As an assistant he just gets lost in the dirty laundry. This organization needs a total purge to bring in a new attitude. What better time to do it than going into a massive rebuild next season.
Wonder if MBM will be CEO of Bobby Margarita next year.

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad