Kitchener Rangers 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 3)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerNation

Jul 24, 2015
London
HAHA At this rate nobody will have to worry about playing the Rangers in the post season.

I'm a pretty consistent listener to the 570 postgame show and I just don't get the callers and Farwell and Pope love for this coach. MM has assembled a pretty talented group and while yes they players have to play the game its litterally the coaches job to set the players up for success and it's clear they aren't and the postgame comments don't really exude confidence he is going to get them there.

I think the only choice is a coaching change and I have thought that since well before the Christmas break..
My favourite part was when the first caller called out Farwell for towing the line.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
HAHA At this rate nobody will have to worry about playing the Rangers in the post season.

I'm a pretty consistent listener to the 570 postgame show and I just don't get the callers and Farwell and Pope love for this coach. MM has assembled a pretty talented group and while yes they players have to play the game its litterally the coaches job to set the players up for success and it's clear they aren't and the postgame comments don't really exude confidence he is going to get them there.

I think the only choice is a coaching change and I have thought that since well before the Christmas break..
I'm sick of listening to the pom pom wavers that broadcast for the Rangers saying it isn't the coach's fault.

Pope said "Dennis has a good system. The problem is the players have only stuck to the system 8 times this season - all victories". Why aren't they sticking to this system? It's obvious this system is either too difficult to follow (unlikely), not being taught properly (likely) or just doesn't work (most likely).

Farwell is even better. He says"even the players say it's on them and not the coaches ". In fact Pinelli said that in his post game interview. I ask, has anyone heard a player say publicly a coach should be fired. EVER!

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
The quotes from Dennis's post game interview are alarming. Sounds like no one has ideas on the coaching staff and they are willing to put everything on these kids to figure it out. Obviously yes, we are a talented team on paper; however these junior players need some direction....

Maybe we should have looked to someone with more than 3 years of Head Coaching experience.....

Farwell is even better. He says"even the players say it's on them and not the coaches ". In fact Pinelli said it in his post game interview. I ask, has anyone heard a player say publicly a coach should be fired. EVER!
Especially the captain of the team...what do you expect him to say Farwell? lol

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Is that all you got vs one of, if not your biggest rival, in what should have been a must win game?? (they all are at this point).

Shoddy goaltending though he didn’t get much help. Wouldn’t have mattered who we had in net. Shoddy D-zone coverage. Abysmal PP most of the night. Multiple two on ones throughout. No finish around the net.

At least they roughed it up a bit. Tip of the hat on Valade’s penalty shot goal.
One poster on the London thread said they see London was stealing candy from little kids. It was easy for Hunter to out coach this bunch at the AUD. It's easily one of the worse coached teams in decades. It's like the clowns took over the circus.

Reactions: Ward Cornell

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
One poster on the London thread said they see London was stealing candy from little kids. It was easy for Hunter to out coach this bunch at the AUD. It's easily one of the worse coached teams in decades. It's like the clowns took over the circus.
That was OMG67. He's an Ottawa fan.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
In some ways, I don't want to be too harsh on the local media members as their hands can be somewhat tied. It's hard not to publicly carry water for the team when you ride the bus with them and/or depend on cordial relations with them. It's hard for them to be completely honest. I just wish they'd leave the condescending comments about the fans out of it.

Deep down, not one of them is possibly watching this and honestly thinking none of this is on the coaches. That would be a staunch admission that you're unfit to cover hockey. No one could possibly argue this team is well coached. It'd just be nice if they were able to be a bit more honest in the discussions. Otherwise, the media ceases to be a legitimate source of info on the topic.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Seems like they need a reset, but that takes making a decision. ( maybe a tough one personally) but business isn't personal. Sometimes things just aren't fit. It's not a personal indictment or even one based on hockey knowledge/systems/ whatever of a coach. If the coach can't get the players to buy in ya need to shuffle the deck on the bench. The team has more talent than the record currently suggests
Hopefully management sees that.
I hope the Ranger fans get what they want n soon.
Haven't seem many games but trust this boards thoughts on their team.

Mar 12, 2009
In some ways, I don't want to be too harsh on the local media members as their hands can be somewhat tied. It's hard not to publicly carry water for the team when you ride the bus with them and/or depend on cordial relations with them. It's hard for them to be completely honest. I just wish they'd leave the condescending comments about the fans out of it.

Deep down, not one of them is possibly watching this and honestly thinking none of this is on the coaches. That would be a staunch admission that you're unfit to cover hockey. No one could possibly argue this team is well coached. It'd just be nice if they were able to be a bit more honest in the discussions. Otherwise, the media ceases to be a legitimate source of info on the topic.
Not sure what Farwell thinks because he's too annoying too listen too at this point (whether its hockey or his other shows), but in the past he's been an advocate of "the players have to play, it's not on the coach".

Next time "the media" is doing a live interview during intermission, maybe someone should hold up a sign behind the guest & interviewer that says " FAKE NEWS".
I think the only thing people are more sick of (outside of the sycophants) in general, than fans are of this team, is 2016 era American style politics rhetoric, so I don't think that would hit all that well; if you put a picture of Norm Macdonald (he originally phrased the term on Weekend Update at SNL), I could go for it.
I would go with "Blink Twice if the [Coach or GM, pick 1 for the sign] is Holding You Hostage"

Last edited:

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
That was OMG67. He's an Ottawa fan.
I have gone back and forth with OMG67 a few times. Quite the orator on a lot of boards. Ottawa has probably the most solid looking team on paper. Lots of scoring threats for offense and defense. Rangers have them up next. Patience is a virtue. We will climb Mount OHL and rise to the top. Sorry I fell a sleep there for a minute. Dreamt I was Coach Dennis doing an interview with Farwell. :oops:

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
I'm not sure what people expect the broadcast media to say. They are employees of the team.

I guess the best thing for them to do is stick to the game play talk and that's it. Hard to do if you have a fan call in show
When you ride on the bus on road trips with the team it's a long walk home if you piss off the coach.

Reactions: Otto

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
The quotes from Dennis's post game interview are alarming. Sounds like no one has ideas on the coaching staff and they are willing to put everything on these kids to figure it out. Obviously yes, we are a talented team on paper; however these junior players need some direction....

Maybe we should have looked to someone with more than 3 years of Head Coaching experience.....

Especially the captain of the team...what do you expect him to say Farwell? lol
From history...what do we expect Farwell to say?...he's a great company man afterall!
He has a radio call in show and he always carrys the company and local politicians line. Farwell is just a conduit for getting messages out to the public.

Last edited:

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
If I was incompetent on my job in front of thousands of fans I would would be resigning.
Hello Chris Dennis!

Sorry for the post a cpl above...issues here with this site.
Finally got a chance to check out the Rangers last night. And as I mentioned on the London board, your coach must go...Too much talent on the roster that's not been effectively utilized. Team lacks chemistry, botched 2 on 1s, turnovers...you can tell the players are lacking confidence right now. Get a new coach in, and the wins will come.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
I'm not sure what people expect the broadcast media to say. They are employees of the team.

I guess the best thing for them to do is stick to the game play talk and that's it. Hard to do if you have a fan call in show
True enough. But when they continually regurgitate the company line with lame reasons why the coach isn't at fault, it gets old.

Maybe it's time for the GM to step in front of the microphone and give his thoughts on why the season is going so badly and defend the coach if that's the way he feels. We can only hope he does it before Groundhog Day and doesn't see his shadow.

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
True enough. But when they continually regurgitate the company line with lame reasons why the coach isn't at fault, it gets old.

Maybe it's time for the GM to step in front of the microphone and give his thoughts on why the season is going so badly and defend the coach if that's the way he feels. We can only hope he does it before Groundhog Day.
At least his post game interviews as intirm HC were interesting.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario

Maybe it's time for the GM to step in front of the microphone and give his thoughts on why the season is going so badly and defend the coach if that's the way he feels. We can only hope he does it before Groundhog Day and doesn't see his shadow.
Only thing that gave me a chuckle came in the intermission profiling Adam Mascherin who is currently playing pro hockey in Europe. They showed this huge banner at the arena with a sketch of his face, and the Ranger announcer said that he looks better in the sketch (than in real life), and I was thinking the exact same thing as he said it.

• Haha
Reactions: rangersblues

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
Here's a statistic that will shock you. Since the trades +/-

Arcuri Kingston 29 Games -6 Kitchener 11 Games -6

Moore Oshawa 27 Games +10 Kitchener 11 Games -2

Zhilkin Guelph 25 Games -7 Kitchener 6 Games -9

Reactions: TheBlueMonster

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
At this point in the season, where do people see us finishing? I'm thinking 6th will be the realistic spot, although I'm hoping for 5th place.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
Here's a statistic that will shock you. Since the trades +/-

Arcuri Kingston 29 Games -6 Kitchener 11 Games -6

Moore Oshawa 27 Games +10 Kitchener 11 Games -2

Zhilkin Guelph 25 Games -7 Kitchener 6 Games -9
Yeah...I looked at similar stats this am, it actually goes back yrs on how players positive stats increase when traded away and decline if they are traded here.

Reactions: rangersblues

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
At this point in the season, where do people see us finishing? I'm thinking 6th will be the realistic spot, although I'm hoping for 5th place.

5th place - Doubtful. Only if we would surprisingly turn it around these next 5 extremely tough games. If we don't get to 5th place it's almost certainly a first round playoff exit unless Sarnia lives up to their playoff legacy once again. I doubt they will.

6th place - Likely. After this 5 game gauntlet the remaining schedule is mostly weaker teams. We should be able to go on some good streaks. I'm guessing we won't really be playing much better hockey but lesser opponents won't be making us pay for our mistakes. This will show in the playoffs.

7th-8th place - Possible. If we have a difficult time righting the ship and getting out of this spin. We barely keep our heads above water.

9th or 10th - Not likely. But at a certain point do the players with pro contracts just say the hell with it and hope for a call up after the OHL season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad