Kitchener Rangers 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 3)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Surprised to see Dennis behind the bench to start the second.

I guess when you've preselected a coach 4 yrs ago and waited this long for him, a firing isn't going to happen.

Question: was there an actual coaching search and interviews with other candidates or was CD just annoited the chosen one?
If MM doesn’t soon fire Dennis, his superior may force him to.

Who is his superior by the way? Birch?

That’s the problem with a community owned team. Directors. Etc. Etc.

No lone owner with skin in the game.

TheBlueMonster

Sep 14, 2022
ATTN: Mike McKenzie:

How much longer does this have to carry on? STH by the bunch talking about not renewing. How many more periods this team going to get booed off the ice before you see what we see?

How many more games are we going to piss away? We're 37 games in for christs sake. This is pathetic.

TheBlueMonster

Sep 14, 2022
Nothing quite like uninspired fighting.

Explanation:
Team doesn't do anything to stay in it but when its out of hand all of a sudden they give a sh**?

Our TV crew is so embarrassing as well.

I hate that I have to defend the Knights at all, and this officiating has been brutal but these idiots have no idea what they're talking about.

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
I might of gave the Rangers too much credit.
I just got back home after watching 2 periods. It has been a looooooong time since I cut out that early. It was that bad. Yet I still hope for a miracle 3rd period. Looks like it is 6-3 at this point.

TheBlueMonster

Sep 14, 2022
So now what? Clearly nothing will be done. It's impossible to sell my tickets off so is anyone up for book club at the main bar at games?

Are you telling me that "Patience" 4 months into a 6 month season isn't the key to the cup?

Well Ill be damned.

Only if the flag guy from up in section 14 joins us, I am down for a book club.

First up, Captain Underpants.

RangerNation

Jul 24, 2015
London
Are you telling me that "Patience" 4 months into a 6 month season isn't the key to the cup?

Well Ill be damned.

Only if the flag guy from up in section 14 joins us, I am down for a book club.

First up, Captain Underpants.
I got it! "The Power of Patience" by MJ Ryan. I'll share my copy at Friday's book club. It's perfect.

• Haha
Reactions: rangersblues

TheBlueMonster

Sep 14, 2022
I don't believe that playoffs is a given anymore.

The Rangers are currently on pace for a 29-35-4-0 record. Which is good for 62 points. Last years standing this would have got them 8th place in the West and would have missed if they had been in the East. This Western conference is much better.

The Soo is in front of the Ranger for 8th but barely hanging on. But they're on pace for a record of 22-27-12-7 which would have them hit 63 points.

Guelph is going to make it. This Rangers squad is too good to miss. But at the pace they've played all season, they're not a playoff team.

Rubbers29

Jan 9, 2012
Weird quote from Dennis after the game from Josh Brown’s article
“We have good players here. It’s on them at some point to do something. It really is. You can ask me questions, you can ask Mac (GM Mike McKenzie) — we have a good team. We know that.”
That’s not exactly inspiring coming from a head coach. Is his job not to bring that out of them?
As a Knights fan, I don’t mind an underperforming Rangers team, but as a Jr hockey fan, the apparent lack of leadership is unfair to the young men.

TheBlueMonster

Sep 14, 2022
“We have good players here. It’s on them at some point to do something. It really is. You can ask me questions, you can ask Mac (GM Mike McKenzie) — we have a good team. We know that.”
That’s not exactly inspiring coming from a head coach. Is his job not to bring that out of them?
As a Knights fan, I don’t mind an underperforming Rangers team, but as a Jr hockey fan, the apparent lack of leadership is unfair to the young men.

I read it. It seamed like Pinelli was carrying water for the coaching staff tonight too which is a shame. You can see in his body language that this coach lost the room but only in an organization that likes to put on a front for the glamour, will they lead you to believe everything is peaches and rainbows.

This loser of a coach went from "The players are here" to Patience, to we've had ups and we've had downs which is news to me, when the hell did we have an up for longer than 8 minutes this season lol, and then to blaming the players in the room in a matter of a week.

He's desperate. He knows the issues. Mike Mack knows the issues. The Players know the issues. The fans know the issues.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I don't believe that playoffs is a given anymore.

The Rangers are currently on pace for a 29-35-4-0 record. Which is good for 62 points. Last years standing this would have got them 8th place in the West and would have missed if they had been in the East. This Western conference is much better.
There will be no middle in the east this season. It’s likely that 4 of the top 6 teams in the league will be from the east, and 6 of the bottom 9 from the east.
The Soo is in front of the Ranger for 8th but barely hanging on. But they're on pace for a record of 22-27-12-7 which would have them hit 63 points.

Guelph is going to make it. This Rangers squad is too good to miss. But at the pace they've played all season, they're not a playoff team.

Reactions: TheBlueMonster

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
On deck the Rangers have Ottawa, London, Sarnia , London and Barrie. Can anyone with a bugle play 'Taps"? Rangers are blowing their games in hand. One game in hand on Erie now and 2 points up. 16th in the league over all. In great position for the lottery. The GM and Coach refuse to take of the rose coloured glasses. The GF in stats tells it all. They can't put enough pucks in the net. Keep them to the outside along the boards and they are toast.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Is that all you got vs one of, if not your biggest rival, in what should have been a must win game?? (they all are at this point).

Shoddy goaltending though he didn’t get much help. Wouldn’t have mattered who we had in net. Shoddy D-zone coverage. Abysmal PP most of the night. Multiple two on ones throughout. No finish around the net.

At least they roughed it up a bit. Tip of the hat on Valade’s penalty shot goal.

Mar 12, 2009
He's tried nothing and he's all out of ideas.

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
Pope said pre game that NOBODY wants to play the Rangers in the post season.

Umm. Why not Chris??

Last game Pope said the Rangers had the best top line in the league.

Really??
HAHA At this rate nobody will have to worry about playing the Rangers in the post season.

I'm a pretty consistent listener to the 570 postgame show and I just don't get the callers and Farwell and Pope love for this coach. MM has assembled a pretty talented group and while yes they players have to play the game its litterally the coaches job to set the players up for success and it's clear they aren't and the postgame comments don't really exude confidence he is going to get them there.

I think the only choice is a coaching change and I have thought that since well before the Christmas break..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad