Kitchener Rangers 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 3)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
How come Roman Schmidt only goes after the young guys ? What a tool. Guy is 6’5” and throws punches and fights anyone 17 or less. Embarrassing.
Guessing you never watch the game? Cameron taps Horner on the shoulder with 4 games under his belt and tells him go out and fight Schmitt the biggest guy on the ice. Probably woke up our sleeping giant. Hope so. Rangers had a rookie back in 1991-92 named Dennis Bonvie in camp. 5'11" 180 pounds. A few vets looking to impress had black eyes after going a round with him. Age doesn't matter. It's balls . Horner is no Bonvie.

OHLoutsider2020

Aug 30, 2019
Guessing you never watch the game? Cameron taps Horner on the shoulder with 4 games under his belt and tells him go out and fight Schmitt the biggest guy on the ice. Probably woke up our sleeping giant. Hope so. Rangers had a rookie back in 1991-92 named Dennis Bonvie in camp. 5'11" 180 pounds. A few vets looking to impress had black eyes after going a round with him. Age doesn't matter. It's balls . Horner is no Bonvie.
Let’s forget about the fight. Watch Schmidt post whistle when there is a scrum in some upcoming games. Reply to this thread when he cross checks, punches, sticks or grabs a 2002 or 2003 player. I will wait.

Enjoy the weekend ! Later 👊🏼

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Let’s forget about the fight. Watch Schmidt post whistle when there is a scrum in some upcoming games. Reply to this thread when he cross checks, punches, sticks or grabs a 2002 or 2003 player. I will wait.

Enjoy the weekend ! Later 👊🏼
It's called a hockey game. Try watching one. Do you watch the Dmen on both teams doing the same or just the opponent. All defensemen in the league do this. Happens at every level.

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
Great game last night. Rangers came to play and won against the OHL's top team. Oh...but they were missing some top guys!!! Rangers have been missing players all season and currently don't have Motew and Swick back. Ottawa were 6 straight minutes on a PP and couldn't score. Kudos to the Rangers PK. It was nice to see the score predictions that didn't age well. I was one of them. I couldn't be happier that I was proven wrong.

But that was last night. Next up...the Sting....and London (who demolished OS 9-1). Rangers need to win at least one of these two...

Reactions: dirty12
Mar 12, 2009
Man, I've never seen such a "Jekyll and Hyde"-like team in my life.
For the longest while last night I thought they had switched jerseys before the game.
So now what?......a five game win streak?
Maybe, or like our other good games, it may be followed by a 5 game losing streak. Would be nice to see them put together some kind of run; I mean they kind of have to just to be in the playoffs.

Reactions: Gondrex and bobber

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Quick question regarding Mesar. Habs are riddled with injuries. Could Mesar be called up on an emergency basis? In saying that the Bedard Tanking Contest is also on. This does effect teams not pushing to win games going forward.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
He rarely goes after anyone and rarely fights lol. Obvious that you've rarely seen him play and are overreacting based on this 1 game. Your username checks out ;)
Right? Tell me you’ve never watched Schmidt play without saying you’ve never watched Schmidt play.

What next? Mitch Marner needs to stop bullying?

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Right? Tell me you’ve never watched Schmidt play without saying you’ve never watched Schmidt play.

Old outsider2020 just had a sour grape to chew on. Can't blame him. Just looking for something. Ottawa got beat by the 9th place team. Even Marner could have taken Horner in a fight.

Reactions: Ward Cornell
Mar 12, 2009

Unironically, Marner played with more grit at this level than Schmidt does...Marner was a legit threat defensively and played top PK...Schmidt is a 6'5" defensive D that thinks he's Mitch Marner from the point and can't defend guys half his size.

K2

Jun 11, 2015
Habs are riddled with injuries. Could Mesar be called up on an emergency basis?
Yes. Once NHL teams reach their 3rd emergency recall in a season, like the Habs already have, they can emergency recall a signed ELC player (Owen Beck, Riley Kidney, Filip Mesar & Joshua Roy) from junior for 5 games.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
First time seeing you guys live.. can definitely see why it's been a struggle at times. Not much structure or identity to your club. Some unbelievable players tho so hopefully it clicks at some pt.

Why I really came to your guys thread though was to applaud some of your fans! there were a bunch of them behind KITs bench & they were hilarious. Got quite a bit drunk I think, but they were going at it with Sarnia fans (politely) all night. Some fun let's go rangers // go Sting go chants back & forth. Created a great atmosphere.

At the end the went up & shook a bunch of people's hands who they were "battling" with. Very nice of them & they were just having a great time supporting your squad. Till next time 🍻

TheBlueMonster

Sep 14, 2022
First time seeing you guys live.. can definitely see why it's been a struggle at times. Not much structure or identity to your club. Some unbelievable players tho so hopefully it clicks at some pt.

Why I really came to your guys thread though was to applaud some of your fans! there were a bunch of them behind KITs bench & they were hilarious. Got quite a bit drunk I think, but they were going at it with Sarnia fans (politely) all night. Some fun let's go rangers // go Sting go chants back & forth. Created a great atmosphere.

At the end the went up & shook a bunch of people's hands who they were "battling" with. Very nice of them & they were just having a great time supporting your squad. Till next time 🍻

Thanks for stopping in. Despite being fairly miserable about the direction of the organization, this fan base is still full of incredible people and it's always appreciated when 2 fan bases can enjoy a game together.

You're correct about the structure or identity. Individual efforts has been whats keeping us afloat.

Valade has been incredible. Vandenberg has been unreal. Pinelli has been hungry. But they have to play they way they are because the system is broken with no fix in sight.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Watched the interview with MM on the tube Friday eve. Basically claimed his plan is working. Sold off last year. Built up a war chest and went for it this year. In doing this he never sold off the future. Kept all his young talent going forward. On a side note Sarnia had big Brenden Anderson out on the ice bumping the Rangers around. 6'5" 203. They picked him up for a reason and it wasn't for points. He was drafted by Kitchener in the 11th round I believe. Too rough cut for their mold.

Last edited:

RangerNation

Jul 24, 2015
London
Watched the interview with MM on the tube Friday eve. Basically claimed his plan is working. Sold off last year. Built up a war chest and went for it this year. In doing this he never sold off the future. Kept all his young talent going forward. On a side note Sarnia had big Brenden Anderson out on the ice bumping the Rangers around. 6'5" 203. They picked him up for a reason and it wasn't for points. He was drafted by Kitchener in the 11th round I believe. Too rough cut for their mold.
0.181% since Christmas. "Working"

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
The “war chest” he built up was not near the war chest at his disposal for the 17-18 run.

And we were, at best, the same caliber team this year as that team was prior to the “all in” moves.

In:
Stanley.
Sherwood.
Brown
McEneny.
Smith.
Culina.

Out:
9x2nds. 3x3rds. 4th. 2x5ths. 8th. Ladd.

In comparison, this year, prior to the Costantini trade, we had 6x2nds and 8x3rds, and no 1st rounder to deal in the “war chest”.

Not near enough to go all in when other contenders around the league had bigger war chests (some double the 2nds), arguably better teams to begin with, and were performing better.

And in 17-18, we addressed needs and filled holes. This year, we filled some holes but did not address our biggest needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad