Player Discussion Kirby Dach: Welcome to Montreal part 2

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Looks like himself more and more!

4 points in his last 3 games
No surprise there whatsoever.
PPG guy with that line over a long stretch before Moneyhands went down.
I'm not sure what Marty will do once we get some bodies back but I think we play better with an Evans getting 2nd line minutes as a shutdown.
I wouldn't be inclined to move Dach at this point. our dream of having two high scoring lines may not be a reality for a while yet.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I'm not sure what Marty will do once we get some bodies back but I think we play better with an Evans getting 2nd line minutes as a shutdown.
I wouldn't be inclined to move Dach at this point. our dream of having two high scoring lines may not be a reality for a while yet.
Whoever play on the 2nd line will struggle. There might be 2 or 3 players in this league who could do well with Armia/Anderson and Newhook.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Whoever play on the 2nd line will struggle. There might be 2 or 3 players in this league who could do well with Armia/Anderson and Newhook.
Newhook's fine. But Armia is not the guy. Neither is Anderson.

Roy btw, is 6 in 6 in Laval with 4 goals.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
I like that line, honestly.

But I don’t like the idea of Slaf not being in a spot to succeed. Maybe we hope Dach can bring his new confidence on the 2nd line?

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

That is not true at all, Dach was the weakest link who was sinking that line. Now that he is regaining his confidence back that line may very well succeed. I am not a fan of Anderson in the top six at all as he is a good bottom six player but shouldn't be on the ice with cerebral players.

That line needs to be Roy/Armia/Kapanen - Dach - Newhook imo, at least until Laine gets back.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
That is not true at all, Dach was the weakest link who was sinking that line. Now that he is regaining his confidence back that line may very well succeed. I am not a fan of Anderson in the top six at all as he is a good bottom six player but shouldn't be on the ice with cerebral players.

That line needs to be Roy/Armia/Kapanen - Dach - Newhook imo, at least until Laine gets back.
I think had Newhook been the center on that line, Dach's struggles wouldn't have been as bad. Being the driving center on the 2nd line is significantly more challenging than being the complimentary winger next to Suzuki and CC.

I have a hard time taking Slaf off the top-line, but more importantly, they need to figure out the 2nd line if they are going to commit to Dach as a winger for most of the season to get him back in game shape. Evans is an awesome player but realistically he's not going to keep up this type of performance as a 2nd line center.

Newhook will need to step up, but Kapanen and Armia aren't the linemates to help him get to that point. Slaf and Laine would make massive differences, but until then they should give Heineman and Roy a shot.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Before Dach’s lost season, MSL said something like “we know playing him at wing on line 1 works, now let’s see if it also works with him at center”.

It’s great that he’s doing well, but we’re at square one with this question.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out when Slaf returns. I think a little more time on line 1 to put the injury/rust concerns to bed, then back to 2C.

Reactions: waitin425

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Dach hasn't shown he can be the primary guy on a line yet. But, play him with talent and he can be very very good.

Looking forward to Laine and Demidov rounding out that line next year.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Dach is a great asset below the dots and he is a great fit. I don't love that they are all RH shots though.
Lots here were saying Dach and Caufield should be paired before the season started. I think they should stick together. Let Slafkovsky and Suzuki run their own line. Fill in the blanks. I'm not a fan of 3 right shots on the top line either. Hopefully next year we can see something like:

Laine - Suzuki - Slafkovsky
Caufield - Dach - Demidov

Move wingers around as needed then, since it seems like all of them can play either wing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad