Player Discussion Kirby Dach: Welcome to Montreal part 2

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Sure. But we’re getting early on outplayed. Anyone disagree with that?

I think we’ll get better too but us being dead last in so many categories isn’t a good start.

I would say we had a "meh" start to the season. One area I like is the goal differential.. Right now, we are -5 (ranks 23rd). Our .417 goal winning % is also 23rd.

It's early yes but right now, that would be the 9th pick. Heading into this season, I expected us to land in the 10-15 spot for our pick (pre lottery). We are slightly behind that pace so far.

There are many areas to improve on but one area is goals against. That has to be improved and if it's not, we are in the 5-10 range pick this time.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I would say we had a "meh" start to the season. One area I like is the goal differential.. Right now, we are -5 (ranks 23rd). Our .417 goal winning % is also 23rd.

It's early yes but right now, that would be the 9th pick. Heading into this season, I expected us to land in the 10-15 spot for our pick (pre lottery). We are slightly behind that pace so far.

There are many areas to improve on but one area is goals against. That has to be improved and if it's not, we are in the 5-10 range pick this time.
Our goaltending is good and we’ve cored timely goals. But it’s not sustainable.

It’s early so no biggie but the numbers so far are ugly.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Our goaltending is good and we’ve cored timely goals. But it’s not sustainable.

It’s early so no biggie but the numbers so far are ugly.

I think when we look back after this season, we will conclude that it was slightly better than last season. Modest gains here and there. Our roster is still too young.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I predicted somewhere around 85 points. I’m sticking with that.

76 pts last year so a 9 pts improvement. Basically 4 or 5 more wins. Seems logical to me.

The real question is how much do we sell at the TDL. I know MSL was not happy that we traded Monahan last year so what is our plan with Savard, Matheson, Armia, Anderson, Dvorak.... and if several are moved, who replaces them and what kind of momentum do they have.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
76 pts last year so a 9 pts improvement. Basically 4 or 5 more wins. Seems logical to me.

The real question is how much do we sell at the TDL. I know MSL was not happy that we traded Monahan last year so what is our plan with Savard, Matheson, Armia, Anderson, Dvorak.... and if several are moved, who replaces them and what kind of momentum do they have.
Matheson/Anderson aren't getting traded at the deadline.
I don't think they were planning to move Savard with the state of the right side.

Armia will be a hole on the PK, but not irreplaceable.
Dvorak gets replaced by Kapanen as the 4th line center.

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
I don't think they were planning to move Savard with the state of the right side.

I'll be disappointed if we do not trade Savard at the deadline. Great team guy, well respected but it's just business.

Armia can't be apart of this team moving forward whether it be getting moved for whatever or not signed in the offseason.

Dvo is in the same boat as Army. Thanks for your service but you gotta go.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Sure. But we’re getting early on outplayed. Anyone disagree with that?

I think we’ll get better too but us being dead last in so many categories isn’t a good start.
We have for the most part been outplayed, but it's not as bad as it might seem.

For example if you remember the LA games last year it was really night and day compared to this years game even if the scores were similar. Last year it was complete domination by LA, from start to finish it was just a clinic up and down the lineup. This year we at least generated some decent scoring chances, the game was close until the final 3 minutes. We were outplayed but it was actually a winnable game with a little luck, last year luck didn't matter it was total domination by LA.

And although I wouldn't say our schedule has been particularly hard, we've faced more teams that made the playoffs last year compared to non-playoff teams when it should be a 50-50 split, we also haven't faced any of the teams the expected to be terrible teams like SJ or CLB.

We obviously have a lot of things we need to improve on, but we just aren't at the sky is falling fire the coach and trade everyone like we see from some posters (Not you).

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

I don't think we know the answers to that at this point in time. If someone offers something we can't refuse, any of those vets are probably available... especially if we are not close to a playoff spot.

Basically, as each season passes now, it's a monitor process in terms of where we are at. Do we need more futures or do we need more vets. This season will give us a lot of answers to how close or far we are.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Lot of this rebuild is based on Dach taking his game to a 50-60 point guy at least. Really hate how everyone keeps getting injured in this organization...

Reactions: Dach Vader

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
We have for the most part been outplayed, but it's not as bad as it might seem.

For example if you remember the LA games last year it was really night and day compared to this years game even if the scores were similar. Last year it was complete domination by LA, from start to finish it was just a clinic up and down the lineup. This year we at least generated some decent scoring chances, the game was close until the final 3 minutes. We were outplayed but it was actually a winnable game with a little luck, last year luck didn't matter it was total domination by LA.

And although I wouldn't say our schedule has been particularly hard, we've faced more teams that made the playoffs last year compared to non-playoff teams when it should be a 50-50 split, we also haven't faced any of the teams the expected to be terrible teams like SJ or CLB.

We obviously have a lot of things we need to improve on, but we just aren't at the sky is falling fire the coach and trade everyone like we see from some posters (Not you).
Yeah, it's early. I'm confident we won't finish 32nd in all categories by the end of the year. :)

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Lot of this rebuild is based on Dach taking his game to a 50-60 point guy at least. Really hate how everyone keeps getting injured in this organization...
I had Dach at 50-60 this year because I knew it would be a tough road back. Otherwise I'd have had him at 60 plus. The good news is he's made some fantastic plays so we know he's still got some jam in him. But it may take longer for him to get back than we hoped.

Still not a fan of Armia on the 2nd line though. That's not helping.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad