Player Discussion Kirby Dach: Welcome to Montreal part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
I doubt he would cost more than Dach. Not really sure where he fits on the Jackets in the future.

Werenski-Jiricek
Mateychuk-Boqvist/Cuelemans

Of course he could just play on the 2nd pairing, but he probably won't see much PP time if any.
Jackets have too many young talented Dmen, I'm not sure if Boqvist will earn a spot when Jiricek, Svozil, Mateychuk or Knazok are ready. Maybe they will trade him for talented forwards.

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
That would be awesome if he could become a PPG+ C that is physically dominant with zone entries. He does well for the moment in that aspect of his game, but is still entering the O-zone on the periphery and not using his physical advantages enough to mix it up and gain the O-Zone through middle ice.

It's still early and that can come more and more with time.

How would a C-line like this, with the listed production. look?

Dach (85 points)
Suzuki (75 points)
Beck (60 points)
Evans ( 30 points)

I just don't know where we would fit in our franchise C drafted in 2023 and PLD when we acquire him? The wings, somewhere?

I think Suzuki could play wing, but he's too smart a player at C, IMO and much more involved in the play when playing that position.

Dubois - Dach (85 points) - Bedard/Fantilli/Carlsson/Dvorsky
Caufield - Suzuki (75 points) - Slafkovsky
Farrell - Beck (60 points) - Roy
Heineman - Evans ( 30 points) - Ylonen
Sorry. But , I don't see Beck scoring 60pts in the third line. Maybe 40-45 max. I could see Bedard playing in the wing. But Fantilli and Carlsson are center

Dubois(maybe)- Fantilli- Dach ??

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
That would be awesome if he could become a PPG+ C that is physically dominant with zone entries. He does well for the moment in that aspect of his game, but is still entering the O-zone on the periphery and not using his physical advantages enough to mix it up and gain the O-Zone through middle ice.

It's still early and that can come more and more with time.

How would a C-line like this, with the listed production. look?

Dach (85 points)
Suzuki (75 points)
Beck (60 points)
Evans ( 30 points)

I just don't know where we would fit in our franchise C drafted in 2023 and PLD when we acquire him? The wings, somewhere?

I think Suzuki could play wing, but he's too smart a player at C, IMO and much more involved in the play when playing that position.

Dubois - Dach (85 points) - Bedard/Fantilli/Carlsson/Dvorsky
Caufield - Suzuki (75 points) - Slafkovsky
Farrell - Beck (60 points) - Roy
Heineman - Evans ( 30 points) - Ylonen
Obviously most future lineups will look good if Bedard is on them. I'd prefer to plan on what happens if we draft 5th to 8th.

For example, we draft Dvorsky, and trade for Dubois.

Suppose we send back Dvorak and Evans in the Dubois trade. And we trade Monahan and Eddy for futures. Hoffman leaves within a year.

Caufield-Suzuki-Dach
Slafkovsky-Dubois-Anderson
Farrell-Dvorsky-Roy
Heineman-Beck-Gallagher
extras: Armia, RHP or Ylonen

Guhle-Hutson eventually??
Matheson-Barron or Mailloux
Xhekaj-Savard
extra: Harris or other

Dobes?
Montembeault

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Obviously most future lineups will look good if Bedard is on them. I'd prefer to plan on what happens if we draft 5th to 8th.

For example, we draft Dvorsky, and trade for Dubois.

Suppose we send back Dvorak and Evans in the Dubois trade. And we trade Monahan and Eddy for futures. Hoffman leaves within a year.

Caufield-Suzuki-Dach
Slafkovsky-Dubois-Anderson
Farrell-Dvorsky-Roy
Heineman-Beck-Gallagher
extras: Armia, RHP or Ylonen

Guhle-Hutson eventually??
Matheson-Barron or Mailloux
Xhekaj-Savard
extra: Harris or other

Dobes?
Montembeault

Dvorak might go in the Dubois potential trade but doubt Evans does. Evans and Scheifele on the same team? :sarcasm:

Sorry. But , I don't see Beck scoring 60pts in the third line. Maybe 40-45 max. I could see Bedard playing in the wing. But Fantilli and Carlsson are center

Dubois(maybe)- Fantilli- Dach ??

Aside from Bedard, I don't see any other in this draft that will turn the needle in a top 6F role in the NHL next year. Some of them might make the NHL with Bedard but I see them playing 3rd line or in a reduced role. There has been a clear trend lately

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
Dvorak might go in the Dubois potential trade but doubt Evans does. Evans and Scheifele on the same team? :sarcasm:

Aside from Bedard, I don't see any other in this draft that will turn the needle in a top 6F role in the NHL next year. Some of them might make the NHL with Bedard but I see them playing 3rd line or in a reduced role. There has been a clear trend lately
I agreed with 100%. The league is way faster today. We are seeing less and less 18 years old in the NHL.

The line up has more like for season 2024 or 2025. Both Fantilli or Carlsson would become our number 1 center in 2025 or 2026 max.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Dach and Drouin, do you see the letter D ?
R.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Gyfu and tnq

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
My last 2 tries with AI generated images for Curvy Duck when I was bored watching our last game.

Attachments

• CurvyDuck1.png
    CurvyDuck1.png
    980.1 KB · Views: 2
  • CurvyDuck2.png
    CurvyDuck2.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
  • Love
Reactions: SlafySZN

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Right now he's really shaping up to be a 20ish goal 45-55ish assist man , so 70ish points
Maybe as early as next year even, this has been a HUGE growth year for him all things considered

Super exciting really

Yes of course we all want 100 pt players but starting a rebuild with Two potential 70+ pt Centers is a GREAT start, it cant be stressed enough
(Everyone's down with Zuke right now, but puuuh-lease with that people, he's 75 pts this year in his sleep with a healthy caufield, better team and better PP)

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
He's been awesome. Really trending into being a great player. I wasn't too familiar with him because he played in the West and the Hawks have been trash for a few years now.

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
(Everyone's down with Zuke right now, but puuuh-lease with that people, he's 75 pts this year in his sleep with a healthy caufield, better team and better PP)
He's on pace for 64 points this season, not bad. With more consistency in his game he could become a perennial 80 point player. I think it will come with experience.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
He's on pace for 64 points this season, not bad. With more consistency in his game he could become a perennial 80 point player. I think it will come with experience.
Playing meaningful games for a whole season would probably help as he's a guy who rises to the challenge.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad