Player Discussion Kirby Dach: Welcome to Montreal part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Jeff Gorton have his Mika Zibanejad 2.0 with Kirby Dach. He have a huge potential and much more to give. Working with Adam Nicholas and the new development management will help him to reach his full potential.

With his last few games, he show that he have potential to be a PPG player.

Maybe we are going to expect more 60-70 pts per season, but i'm truly high on him and when Habs are going to be a better team, he is going to produce much more!!

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
This is real asset management. You take a young defenseman with limited IQ and offensive skill, in a position of abundance and you trade him for a highly talented center, whos 6'4 and younger.

You dont trade one of the best PMD on your weakest side for a disgruntled soft winger and try to play him at center.
A bit harsh on Romanov — who’s having a good year and NYI fans love him already — but it was a position of abundance and the dual gambles on Xhekaj and Dach worked out well so far.

I’m wary of the wrist injury but otherwise he looks like the top prospect he was. Still surprised CHI gave up on him.

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
A bit harsh on Romanov — who’s having a good year and NYI fans love him already — but it was a position of abundance and the dual gambles on Xhekaj and Dach worked out well so far.

I’m wary of the wrist injury but otherwise he looks like the top prospect he was. Still surprised CHI gave up on him.
ask Gudass how Dach's wrist is doing.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I still can't believe we got this guy for Romanov and a couple throw-in picks.

The better thing about that, it"s the fact that Arber Xhekaj looks have higher potential than Alexander Romanov, he show much more offensive talent than Romy. He hit, he is good at defensive, he looks like a stud to me. High potential.

Kirby Dach looks like a guy who have PPG potential, seriously, he is too talented to produce only 50 pts per season. He show that why he is a 3rd overall pick in 2019 draft (good draft btw). Dach and Caufield, it"s like having 2 top 10 pick in 2019 draft, that"s huge!!

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
This is real asset management. You take a young defenseman with limited IQ and offensive skill, in a position of abundance and you trade him for a highly talented center, whos 6'4 and younger.

You dont trade one of the best PMD on your weakest side for a disgruntled soft winger and try to play him at center.
And give him 6 years x 5.5M off the f***ing bat...

That Dach contract looks better and better by the minute

Another maintenance day didn't sound good…
He's taken a couple of real big spills lately, and those are always worse for big guys like that
But to his credit he always popped back up and played hard
I'm thinking the knee by Gudas is what really hurt him the most, that piece of shit

Reactions: Rapala and jrom

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
And give him 6 years x 5.5M off the f***ing bat...

That Dach contract looks better and better by the minute

He's taken a couple of real big spills lately, and those are always worse for big guys like that
But to his credit he always popped back up and played hard
I'm thinking the knee by Gudas is what really hurt him the most, that piece of shit
I hope team just let him make a full recovery if he hurts, instead of playing hurting until they have to shut him down.

• Love
Reactions: jrom

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
I hope team just let him make a full recovery if he hurts, instead of playing hurting until they have to shut him down.

He blocked a shot with his foot in the panthers game and went down for a few seconds. Could be that and nothing too serious.

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
He blocked a shot with his foot in the panthers game and went down for a few seconds. Could be that and nothing too serious.

Saw some Habs players comment that Gudass aimed for Dach’s feet, didn’t try to put the puck on net.

Reactions: SlafySZN

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Really like the way he's asserting himself and improving with with time. He looks more physical and faster with each game. If he can work on his shot, man he's gonna be tough to handle for anyone.

Reactions: Dach Vader

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Dach is currently showing what the draft thread boys saw in him in 2019. He can be truly great if he desires, but sometimes that desire has been on the backburner. Lets hope hes unleashed himself.

Reactions: themilosh

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
The only person hurting after the last game as a result of Dach's play is Samsonov.

#beastmode
True... Did anyone check on Samsonov? TSN?

Really like the way he's asserting himself and improving with with time. He looks more physical and faster with each game. If he can work on his shot, man he's gonna be tough to handle for anyone.
He has a decent shot. He just doesn't use it.

Beendair Donedat

Juice Arse 2.0
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Gudass is a POS. Hated him since he was with Philly. He was cheap shotting all gamw. Dach layed him down nicely though. I hope Xjekaj connects with him next time.:naughty:
He may have no choice but to fight Xhekaj next game, I'm sure that he and everyone else saw or heard Xhekaj's comments to the media after the game. It may be too late in the season, but I'd love to see Arber beat that ugly beard right off his face.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Even in a game like tonight he frustrates me at how much ice he refuses to use. Four times Ive seen him come down the right wing with speed and every single time without fault, he would let his defender pivot to match him and the right side defender has time to position himself to box him out on the wall, hes then facing no options and has to go up to the blue line on the left side.

Of course sometimes being on the perimeter is a good idea, but man if he learns to cut down the middle, put on the brakes, cut inside on the defender or even take the middle at the blue line he could be that much more dangerous. Maybe Im asking too much of him, but I think Dach has the skillset to be a top 10 C in this league, Ill be disappointed if this never comes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad