Player Discussion Kirby Dach: Welcome to Montreal part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Hot take? You're satisfied with Suzuki as a #1C moving forward? I'm not.

Dach is 8 points behind Suzuki and trending upwards. Watch him overtake Suzuki in points by the end of the season. Also imagine what the points would look like if Dach had been centering Caufield all season.
Why do we need to choose?

It's a very good problem to have. I want Dach to be more of a protagonist -- Suzuki already is a protagonist even if he's been ice-cold for some time. I think Suzuki's trajectory is undeniable but Dach's emergence is fantastic itself. If Dach does finish the season with 60pts that'll be massive... he's on pace for 52 right now so that means he'll have to score more often until the end of the season.

At this time neither Dach nor Suzuki are the production machines we need to compete with actually good teams, but they're both trending up and have not stagnated.

Reactions: 417

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014

He's way more solid on his skates than I gave him credit for early on.

Hope he continues to get a mean streak. Kid is 21!

He's been such a passive player in the past I too really hope he can ramp up his spirited/physical play. He's a monster in terms of size but it means nothing without the proper mindset. Maybe he's starting to have enough self belief where he knows he can dominant physically. It would elevate his game tremendously imo.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Beast. Freaking beast. We need more players like him. Big, skill and tough.

I really see the Getzlaf comparaison and he’s starting to show that Getzlaf’s toughness. Love it.

The greatest thing with Getzlaf is that he excelled against other top centers. His stats actually underrate him because of this. He was not someone who pad up his stats against weak opposition like most other players.

If Dach can become that, good for us. But there's a long road ahead...

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
You forgot Mysak...
1674229590634.png

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
No point yesterday but should have at least 2 assists. Great game from Dach against Florida. He show skill, great hands, great passing ability, great hockey IQ and defensive play.

He can shoot too, this guy will be a really good player for many years to come. I think he have 1st line potential in him. It's a 100% sure that he is going to be a solid top 6 for Habs.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

He's way more solid on his skates than I gave him credit for early on.

Hope he continues to get a mean streak. Kid is 21!

I love seeing Dach play a strong, physical game as his confidence is starting to come in. His skills are starting to show more and more along with his speed, and reach. He's always very noticable when he's on the ice and for all the good reasons. He's just scratching the surface of what he can be, and once the Habs can give him two effective wingers, I think he can become a no. 1 center. Caufield and even Suzuki struggled until they found each other and then they exploded. If they can find Dach a winger with that level of chemistry, oh boy, he can be a force out there.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I love seeing Dach play a strong, physical game as his confidence is starting to come in. His skills are starting to show more and more along with his speed, and reach. He's always very noticable when he's on the ice and for all the good reasons. He's just scratching the surface of what he can be, and once the Habs can give him two effective wingers, I think he can become a no. 1 center. Caufield and even Suzuki struggled until they found each other and then they exploded. If they can find Dach a winger with that level of chemistry, oh boy, he can be a force out there.
Pastrnak the Czech had Chara the Slovak to mentor him from his 18-yr old season

Slaf-Dach-Pasta

Would be some type of payback for the Czech to mentor the Slovak now…

Last edited:
Reactions: Sterling Archer

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Pastrnak the Czech had Chara the Slovak to mentor him from his 18-yr old season

Slaf-Dach-Pasta

Would be some type of payback for the Czech to mentor the Slovak now…
We can all dream but I think Pasta is a Bruin for a looong time.

Maybe Fantilli or Will Smith could fill that role, or even PLD. Hopefully Habs will have lots of options.

Reactions: Runner77

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Same, I thought he looked lanky early on and kind of “chill” for a guy some were calling tough. Reverse hits show good iq too.
I don’t think anyone were calling him tough. It’s because some said he was soft so we had to tell them he wasn’t soft and some argued he was when they didn’t see him play at all.

Last edited:

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
Meh... If he makes it to top 6 caliber NHLer, I think it would be moreso in his late 20's, like Pleks, rather than in the near future.

But Im sure he appreciates your optimism
Hello my friend

I thought you're gonna stop this nonsense Plekanec comparable.

late 20's but not like Plek.

Plekanec played 2 game in the NHL at 21-22. Then the lockout (which he would have probably played in the NHL probably) and he was a NHL regular after that at 23-24.

Plekanec had 46 pts in his first AHL season at 20-21 years old. Mysak has 3.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad