Player Discussion Kirby Dach: Welcome to Montreal part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Sponsor
Nov 12, 2005
ON
On pace for 53 points in his D+4 season.

Our very own Nick Suzuki paced at 47 points in his D+4 (albeit it was Suzuki's rookie season).

I believe after tonight he is ~60th in centers for ppg which puts him lower end second line center production. That's good given his age, supporting cast, and Montreal's power play efficacy.

There are only 3 centers in that top 60 who are younger than him (Cozens, Zegras, Beniers).

Last edited:

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
On pace for 53 points in his D+4 season.

Our very own Nick Suzuki paced at 47 points in his D+4 (albeit it was Suzuki's rookie season).

I believe after tonight he is ~60th in centers for ppg which puts him lower end second line center production. That's good given his age, supporting cast, and Montreal's power play efficacy.

There are only 3 centers in that top 60 who are younger than him (Cozens, Zegrads, Beniers).
With two of them from the same year

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
These are the kinds of moves you need to make. No, it won't always work out. But it's worth the risk if the price isn't too high.

Lafrenierre is another guy who I think could crush it. He went from can't miss to bust after being misused for so long. Maybe he'll never be the star everyone thought he'd be, but if you can get him at a reasonable price, those are the guys I like to go after. The potential is there and even if they only become a productive 2nd liner it's still not bad.

TomKosto

Oct 17, 2017
Montréal
These are the kinds of moves you need to make. No, it won't always work out. But it's worth the risk if the price isn't too high.

Lafrenierre is another guy who I think could crush it. He went from can't miss to bust after being misused for so long. Maybe he'll never be the star everyone thought he'd be, but if you can get him at a reasonable price, those are the guys I like to go after. The potential is there and even if they only become a productive 2nd liner it's still not bad.
Maybe at a discount, but the Rangers are not selling Laf for nothing.

Reactions: Lafleurs Guy

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014

Only problem is that, as a productive 2nd liner, fans will target him for being just that, like they did with Drouin when he was producing 50+ points on the season.

Reactions: Andy

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Didn't watch the game but I saw that first goal against Boston.

What you see lately is basically all those things you saw from him at different points of the season all coming together.

When the habs get to the point where they are playing big games, dach is the kind of guy who becomes invaluable because space becomes more of a premium, and he can use his size, poise, vision, and reach to excel in those conditions.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Only problem is that, as a productive 2nd liner, fans will target him for being just that, like they did with Drouin when he was producing 50+ points on the season.
Fans didn't criticise Drouin for producing 50+ points. He hit 53pts once as a Hab and didn't hit 30pts four other times (including this year). Try to put that into context.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Was worried at the beginning of the season when he wasn’t producing as a centre. But I think all he needed was the confidence from playing with Nick and Cole and now he’s carrying that into his current play. He’s been great.
So you're saying that 40 games of confidence building can make a difference?

Reactions: themilosh

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

If you think hockey is just x points = good. All of the conditions needed to squeeze 50 pts from Drouin made us a worse team.

Lehkonen was a better offensive player who played a defensive role and look what he's doing now in an offensive role while providing high end defense

If the Habs had used Lehkonen in Drouins spot, they would have been a better team.

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
Yep. I’d trade Anderson for him. But no more than that. If the Rangers want a premium they can go fly a kite.

Anderson is worth a 1st +. No way is Laffs worth that now. Wait 'til it's time for re-signing him this summer. Then offer a 2nd + Mysak/Norlinder.

FLA 1st (top 10 p) + A prospect + 2 vet contracts 50% retained (for playoff push)

WAY TOO MUCH. Have you seen his stats? Have you seen him play this year? And it's not like he had a serious wrist injury like Kirby.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad