Player Discussion Kirby Dach: Welcome to Montreal part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Most of them. Tons of players get drafted in the first rounds, and even all across the draft, for their attributes and before dominating their league. For instance lots of rookie CHL players who aren't ppg or best on their team but eventually project to be. Dach was excellent in the WHL but he was (close) third on his team his D-season and didnt really set the league on fire. But I believe he would've, if he stayed at least a year longer.

He never got the opportunity to be dominant because he was rushed. Sometimes it works, but I don't think it's often the best path.
Dach was not rushed. Everyone in Chicago was happy with his rookie season. The later wrist injury when loaned back to Junior (ironically) set him back.

Of course, when they are mature enough and ready. And Dach and Slafkovsky clearly weren't. Slaf is lost on the ice and Dach was lost his first years. Suzuki and most the other players you listed were ready and it showed before and after.
But how do you know in advance if the player will look lost? And Sorry, Dach did NOT look lost. his first season was satisfactory to Chicago fans and management. He put up 6 points in 9 playoff games as a rookie, for Price sake!!

But if he gets injured and then when he comes back, you bounce a young guy around from line to line, he might look more lost.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Dach is the real deal, getting better every game. Very smart player, great skills, big body with speed. He's the full package. I'm starting to like him more than Suzuki. I would like to see him centering Caufield for a few games.
Yeah, Suzuki is good but Dach is the type of center i like more.

His transition game and how he's carrying the puck through the middle.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Dach is the real deal, getting better every game. Very smart player, great skills, big body with speed. He's the full package. I'm starting to like him more than Suzuki. I would like to see him centering Caufield for a few games.

He’s extremely good.

I think the one skill I would say that separates him from Suzuki is his ability to maintain possession. He’s very elusive with the puck on his stick, his size/reach/hands allow him to do pretty much as he wishes when he has the puck. Almost like a mini-Lemieux in that sense.

Now if only he can work on those face offs and shooting a bit more, you’re talking a real good Center.

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
He’s extremely good.

I think the one skill I would say that separates him from Suzuki is his ability to maintain possession. He’s very elusive with the puck on his stick, his size/reach/hands allow him to do pretty much as he wishes when he has the puck. Almost like a mini-Lemieux in that sense.

Now if only he can work on those face offs and shooting a bit more, you’re talking a real good Center.
Yeah, Suzuki is good but Dach is the type of center i like more.

His transition game and how he's carrying the puck through the middle.
The scary thing is that he is just now starting to bloom. Watch out! He might be the real deal #1 center we've been waiting 30 years for.

Dubois - Dach - Caufield
Slafkovsky - Suzuki - ?????

This could be our top 6 in a couple years if Dach steals the #1 position, it's his for the taking. Add a real sniper on Suzuki's RW and this could be a legitimate cup contender.

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
People talking about Dach stealing Suzuki's spot now? Highly unlikely.
Suzuki isn't a real #1 center. That's the reason. Highly unlikely? Have you actually watched him play? He does things Suzuki will never be able to do.

We all love Suzuki but let's be real here. Dach has #1 center pedigree.

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
It's hot take central in Habs land.

Depending on how Sam Montembault is playing, he's either not good enough for the ECHL or our next #1.
Hot take? You're satisfied with Suzuki as a #1C moving forward? I'm not.

Dach is 8 points behind Suzuki and trending upwards. Watch him overtake Suzuki in points by the end of the season. Also imagine what the points would look like if Dach had been centering Caufield all season.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Hot take? You're satisfied with Suzuki as a #1C moving forward? I'm not.

Dach is 8 points behind Suzuki and trending upwards. Watch him overtake Suzuki in points by the end of the season. Also imagine what the points would look like if Dach had been centering Caufield all season.
I don't need to choose one or the other.

I'm quite content having both and I don't need to label who is #1 or #2.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Kirby at C super early in the season, you could tell it just wasn't the right time
Compared to 40+ games in, fully entrenched into the season, playing a spell on the 1st line a bit and producing
NOW it was the perfect time to try him at Center with that confidence built up, and this is what you see
A real glimpse into the future, imagine how good this guys gonna be at 24-25 mannnn
Can't wait to get him some wingers

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
I don't need to choose one or the other.

I'm quite content having both and I don't need to label who is #1 or #2.
Don't need to label a #1? Aren't you tired of being a losing team without a defined number one center? We're losers, have been for almost 30 years.

Who's telling you to chose one or the other? The eye test shows that Dach is already superior to Suzuki.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad