Player Discussion Kirby Dach: Welcome to Montreal part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
How is Dach developing IN the NHL, when the NHL is NOT a developmental league (or so I've been told since I was a likkle yout’”.

And he was “rushed” to the NHL :eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3:
To be fair he was gonna rot on chicago , he needed the change of scenery. Whether it was a wake up call to him personally or just being put in a place to succeed i'm not sure but the kid looks great

Reactions: ReHabs and 417

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
How is Dach developing IN the NHL, when the NHL is NOT a developmental league (or so I've been told since I was a likkle yout’”.

I think he was rushed, their was no need for him to start in the NHL right after his draft year. But we all know what happened with his injury, that’s probably the real reason why he’s just now taking a step.

Reactions: 417

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I think he was rushed, their was no need for him to start in the NHL right after his draft year. But we all know what happened with his injury, that’s probably the real reason why he’s just now taking a step.
I can't speak for his time in Chicago on whether or not he was rushed.

I find that term is tossed around quite casually but either way, even if true, it doesn't have to mean a player’s career is finished.

If you're good...you figure it out eventually. That's what were seeing with Dach.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
His skating is almost poetic at times - it's like he has some sort of time/space compression implant in his legs that means his skating effort takes him so much further than anyone else.

Either that, or he was genetically spliced with gazelle DNA during gestation.
You never really see him husstle either dude just casually zooms out there , long legs :laugh:

Kg810

Sep 24, 2015
You guys have done a good job reigniting Dach's play. You can totally tell he's playing with more poise and confidence. A few mistakes here and there. Would love to see him use his body more though.

Reactions: Pierre Larouche

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

What do you mean the NHL is not a developmental league ? Any league can be used to develop a player and this is seen year in and year out.

How was Dach deployed? Top 6. Best players. PP time. Thats developping a player. This can work too.

With that said, would Dach have struggled for 3 years and have been traded away from his original team had he not been rushed in the NHL ? Would he still be with the Blackhawks ?

For a guy that prides himself on the case by case you seem to have a very poor understanding of whats what.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
That gif where he plows through clutterbuck should be in this thread imo
That was sexy af
QZuzAI80kxOt9ELe (2).gif

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
What do you mean the NHL is not a developmental league ? Any league can be used to develop a player and this is seen year in and year out.
I was being sarcastic...it's a common misnomer a lot of fans/media say.

"The NHL is not a developmental league".

I was being tongue-in-cheek.
How was Dach deployed? Top 6. Best players. PP time. Thats developping a player. This can work too.
As I said later in this thread, I can't really speak for his time in Chicago...wasn't following him or how they used him there.
With that said, would Dach have struggled for 3 years and have been traded away from his original team had he not been rushed in the NHL ? Would he still be with the Blackhawks ?
Good question.

I don't think Dach was given away, the Habs paid a fairly steep price for him. So if the Habs wouldn't given given up what they did, i'm sure he'd still be in Chicago.

I don't think they were trying to get rid of him, more like their entire organization was going in a different direction and they decided to maximize his value.

He clearly needed a change of scenery.
For a guy that prides himself on the case by case you seem to have a very poor understanding of whats what.
You completely misunderstood the tone of my post because you're constantly focused on me as a poster rather than the content that's posted.

If I didn't have all that rent space in your head, maybe you would have caught on that we're like minded on this particular subject.

It aint personal for me big guy lol.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Oh jeezus. If Dach had played two more years in the WHL, would he be at a 50 point pace in his sophomore year? Would he be able to make the plays against NHLers that he makes now, after two more easy years?

Give me a break.

MtlSars

Dec 9, 2016
I was a big fan of Romanov and I was upset at the trade. Why do you trade a solid top 4 D who hits like a truck and blocks a lot of shots with untapped offensive upside (I foresaw a Niklas Kronwall progression where he would start scoring in his early 30s) for a 26 points forward who managed those points playing with actual offensive talent in Chicago who also has multiple injuries (one to the wrist no less)

Glad the people in place are less emotional and have more foresight than I do when it comes to the team. He's done very well with and without Suzuki/Caufield and has more growth in his game. His contract is $$$$$$$ and he is definitely a part of the solution moving forward.

Good on us.

Reactions: cphabs and jrom

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Oh jeezus. If Dach had played two more years in the WHL, would he be at a 50 point pace in his sophomore year? Would he be able to make the plays against NHLers that he makes now, after two more easy years?

Give me a break.

Probably yes. Cozens, who was drafted just a few picks after Dach, went back to junior, and he's a near-ppg player in the nhl right now.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
I was a big fan of Romanov and I was upset at the trade. Why do you trade a solid top 4 D who hits like a truck and blocks a lot of shots with untapped offensive upside (I foresaw a Niklas Kronwall progression where he would start scoring in his early 30s) for a 26 points forward who managed those points playing with actual offensive talent in Chicago who also has multiple injuries (one to the wrist no less)

Glad the people in place are less emotional and have more foresight than I do when it comes to the team. He's done very well with and without Suzuki/Caufield and has more growth in his game. His contract is $$$$$$$ and he is definitely a part of the solution moving forward.

Good on us.

He had games with Kane and Debrincat but he never got a long look, he was pretty much always put everywhere in the lineup, changing almost every game. His most stable winger was Kurashev.

Reactions: RandomTask26

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014

Give me a break.
Just to be clear : do you even think it's possible that rushing a player could affect his development? Like, do you believe Lane Hutson could have benefited from playing on the Habs this year?
I usually really respect your contributions and enjoy your posts, but your stance regarding that point is unusually radical. Dach had all the tools in his draft year but never really dominated in juniors. He was selected for his attributes and the potential that they implied. It's kinda working for him now, but he's still not the projected star I saw in him, and he obviously had confidence issues from being inserted in Chicago too soon. It took the shock of a trade and the GM of his new team do a seduction operation ("we're gonna play some offence" quote on draft day and probably more conversations behind the scenes) to bolster his confidence to reach the results we are saying.

There's not any indication that rushing him paid dividends, unless it's part of the process you praise to deliberately gamble on a drastic change of scenery for this approach to work.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Just to be clear : do you even think it's possible that rushing a player could affect his development? Like, do you believe Lane Hutson could have benefited from playing on the Habs this year?
I usually really respect your contributions and enjoy your posts, but your stance regarding that point is unusually radical. Dach had all the tools in his draft year but never really dominated in juniors. He was selected for his attributes and the potential that they implied. It's kinda working for him now, but he's still not the projected star I saw in him, and he obviously had confidence issues from being inserted in Chicago too soon. It took the shock of a trade and the GM of his new team do a seduction operation ("we're gonna play some offence" quote on draft day and probably more conversations behind the scenes) to bolster his confidence to reach the results we are saying.

There's not any indication that rushing him paid dividends, unless it's part of the process you praise to deliberately gamble on a drastic change of scenery for this approach to work.
Perhaps the issue is, someone who “never really dominated juniors” shouldn’t be a “projected star”…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad