Player Discussion Kirby Dach: Welcome to Montreal part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Monahan and Dach give MSL lots of options as to who plays wing and who plays C and on which line.

To balance two scoring lines, I like:
Caufield-Suzuki-Anderson
Slafkovsky-Monahan-Dach

If we are worried about that first line giving up too many goals, especially on the road, a better 2-way option is:
Monahan-Suzuki-Caufield
Slafkovsky-Dach-Anderson
...and now everyone is playing their strong side in the defensive zone

Monahan back opens up options no doubt. I like your 1st top 6 vs the last top 6. I'd play Monahan with Suzuki on the 1st PP unit but not at 5/5.

Dach with Monahan and Slaf makes sense. Your first top 6 line-up might be the best we can do with what we have... in terms of trying to have two good lines with less flaws.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Monahan was producing fine with those wingers.

He wasn't though. His production came when other players were on the ice.

1671729848250.png

Drouin/Dadonov/Anderson/Hoffman/Armia/Gallagher contributed to only 3 of Monahan's 17 points.

AHShadow

Apr 9, 2015
You just wait till he gets stronger. More confidence in holding onto the puck will show up even more.
Yeah 100%. He's already improved a lot since the beginning of the season. He's definitely going to be a beast in a few years.
If he were to shoot a bit more often, he could be the PP QB we need. Very heady playmaker.
Don't think he'll ever have a strong shot and don't think he needs to become our PP QB. I think Guhle has the potential to help out temporarily until we get Hutson who will probably be our main PP QB for years.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
The good news is he plays well as a playmaking RW. So not all is lost if he does end up there long term.
I imagine it’ll be easier for the coach to put him back at center at home with the line change. Habs are so thin in experienced talent it’s not obvious when they’re down on the road.

His High speed dangles are getting filthy btw.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I imagine it’ll be easier for the coach to put him back at center at home with the line change. Habs are so thin in experienced talent it’s not obvious when they’re down on the road.

His High speed dangles are getting filthy btw.
I would leave him on the first for the time being. We don’t have the wingers to really support him at center while he makes his way there. Revisit it next year.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
I would leave him on the first for the time being. We don’t have the wingers to really support him at center while he makes his way there. Revisit it next year.
Imo he'll probably be a C for the rest of his contract mostly. Next year, Habs could have a top prospect playing at C. If not that, PLD possibly in 2024-25. He's a great complimentary winger tho

Galchenyuk15

Jan 2, 2013
Monahan and Dach give MSL lots of options as to who plays wing and who plays C and on which line.

To balance two scoring lines, I like:
Caufield-Suzuki-Anderson
Slafkovsky-Monahan-Dach

If we are worried about that first line giving up too many goals, especially on the road, a better 2-way option is:
Monahan-Suzuki-Caufield
Slafkovsky-Dach-Anderson
...and now everyone is playing their strong side in the defensive zone

Sorry but to use scoring line with Josh Anderson in the same sentence that give me some goosebumps ... Maybe with the 97, 99 or 66 but nobody in the world except this 3 guys can make this player effective offensively and he will put number but still the same dead horse.

He cut literally the production of the others guys if celebral player, because he didn't think, see and proceed the game faster enough with his brain; you can skate like the wind and hit like a truck but nobody can't think for you when you are on the ice.

Can you remember the last primary assists "WANTED" not with double kiss 2 pads 1 stick from Josh Anderson? I hope you have a good memory because it's a event each time because of the rarity of the thing!

The only reason I have to use Anderson in that way is to try to poker face another team for a trade or try to sign my guys at better price because he will make drop the numbers of the offensive guys!

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Sorry but to use scoring line with Josh Anderson in the same sentence that give me some goosebumps ... Maybe with the 97, 99 or 66 but nobody in the world except this 3 guys can make this player effective offensively and he will put number but still the same dead horse.

He cut literally the production of the others guys if celebral player, because he didn't think, see and proceed the game faster enough with his brain; you can skate like the wind and hit like a truck but nobody can't think for you when you are on the ice.

Can you remember the last primary assists "WANTED" not with double kiss 2 pads 1 stick from Josh Anderson? I hope you have a good memory because it's a event each time because of the rarity of the thing!

The only reason I have to use Anderson in that way is to try to poker face another team for a trade or try to sign my guys at better price because he will make drop the numbers of the offensive guys!
Anderson is 6th best F right now but will probably be replaced by our top pick of 2023 or perhaps Farrell.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
The only thing why Dach have only 22 pts in 34 games, it's because he is unlucky. He play so much better than a player with 22 pts in 34 games.

50 pts this year will be very good from him.

Next year, i'd predict high production... 65 pts and more, this guy have PPG talent.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
With his 2 pts last night, Dach ties his career high of 26 pts from last year. But he did it in 28 less games. He already set a career high in assists with 19 (had 17 last year). And he needs 3 more goals to set a career high in goals (he has 7 and he had 9 last year).

Now on pace for 51 pts in 82 GP.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
With his 2 pts last night, Dach ties his career high of 26 pts from last year. But he did it in 28 less games. He already set a career high in assists with 19 (had 17 last year). And he needs 3 more goals to set a career high in goals (he has 7 and he had 9 last year).

Developing just fine. I think he has 60-70 point upside.

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012

Pacing for 51 pts on a shitty team with the 32nd PP most of the season

tooji

Nov 24, 2015

Very solid progression. I think this offseason I want to see him work on his lower body strength so he can be an even bigger beast along the boards

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Pacing for 51 pts on a shitty team with the 32nd PP most of the season

Yup. And that pace will fluctuate throughout the season depending on how bad the Habs do and if Dach gets in a funk. One thing we do know, he's been a great fit for the Habs and whatever happened in Chicago is not indicative of what his potential is.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Yup. And that pace will fluctuate throughout the season depending on how bad the Habs do and if Dach gets in a funk. One thing we do know, he's been a great fit for the Habs and whatever happened in Chicago is not indicative of what his potential is.
He needs to develop being happy. lol. He always looks miffed, even when the habs score.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad