Player Discussion Kirby Dach: Welcome to Montreal part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
There's no rush, but we only have 3 other NHL Cs on the roster. They aren't moving him off that line arbitrarily, it's only being done because Monahan is out and we don't really want Dvorak and Evans playing big minutes in his absence.
Oh yeah I know this but I’m talking about moving him to c full time

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
Everyone's complaining about the PP TOI given to Armia vs Calgary, which overshadowed Dach's ineffectiveness. If he can't develop a shot or handle crisp passes cleanly his potential will be severely limited. It doesn't matter if you have hands of silk if you can't threaten a shot from the top of the arc on a 4-3 or duff one timers from the dot on a 5-3.

Reactions: Wats

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Everyone's complaining about the PP TOI given to Armia vs Calgary, which overshadowed Dach's ineffectiveness. If he can't develop a shot or handle crisp passes cleanly his potential will be severely limited. It doesn't matter if you have hands of silk if you can't threaten a shot from the top of the arc on a 4-3 or duff one timers from the dot on a 5-3.
Dach is a kid developping his offensive game, him and Armia are not the same at all. Dach will continue to get PP time, he's the only one on the team capable to carry the puck into the zone and one of the only good passer with cole, suzuki and slaf. Anyway he won't be at the point tonight he's gonna be elsewhere, it's probably gonna be Drouin he was the one there before his injury.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
Dach is a kid developping his offensive game, him and Armia are not the same at all. Dach will continue to get PP time, he's the only one on the team capable to carry the puck into the zone and one of the only good passer with cole, suzuki and slaf. Anyway he won't be at the point tonight he's gonna be elsewhere, it's probably gonna be Drouin he was the one there before his injury.

1. Yes, but that doesn't mean we can't be truthful when discussing the present state of his game, including his weaknesses.

2. He's not the only one on the team capable of carrying the puck into the zone, come on, that's ridiculous :eyeroll:. On the PP it's Suzuki carrying the puck 9 times out of 10.

Anyway, point is that his game would benefit tremendously by developing (or having confidence in) a credible shot to keep the defense honest and open up passing lanes. He was a black hole vs Calgary despite almost 8 minutes of PP TOI.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Like the shot he muffed in the 3rd period tonight? Oh wait . . .

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
not impressed by Dach so far .

He’s doing okay , but weak ass shot and questionable passes too often .

I sometimes miss Romanov
[edited cause sometimes I post while confused]

undrafted Xhekaj brings more to the table than Romanov ever did. Move on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sagikev

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
not impressed by Dach so far .

He’s doing okay , but weak ass shot and questionable passes too often .

I sometimes miss Romanov
Romanov literally does nothing besides hit and skate well. He doesn't help the team win games like how Dach has been doing. I still have lots of questions about Dach, but he's been a great add to the team so far. He has flaws for sure, but you take him over a #4-5 dman any day of the week.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Romanov literally does nothing besides hit and skate well. He doesn't help the team win games like how Dach has been doing. I still have lots of questions about Dach, but he's been a great add to the team so far. He has flaws for sure, but you take him over a #4-5 dman any day of the week.
It's funny to me how everybody had Romanov pencilled in as part of the Habs future core and the moment he's sent away he's been dismissed as a bottom-pairing goon.

Dach's got much higher potential and I think we can be happy with the trade considering our surplus of young d-men. We're not missing Romanov but there's no need to dismiss and denigrate the guy. A hard-hitting, good-skating player like Romanov can play on any team in the league and he's on pace to break his career high this year, so who knows how much more he can grow.

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
I'm the only one who really like his game? He play a really solid season so far, great protection of puck, great hands, great passing ability. He show tools of a 3rd overall pick this year. I have big hope for this guy!!
i agree. Maybe once he gets a bit more confidence he will breakout like Tage Thompson:nod:

Reactions: KevSkillz4

RabbleMasterBlaster

J't'un gars d'chez nous
Jun 29, 2020
Singapore
i agree. Maybe once he gets a bit more confidence he will breakout like Tage Thompson:nod:
I actually see a lot of Eric Dazé in his game. If he can be half as good and and twice as resistant, it'll be a good thing.

He also kind of reminds me of Pouliot, so let's hope that's not the road he's going down...

Reactions: ReHabs

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I'm the only one who really like his game? He play a really solid season so far, great protection of puck, great hands, great passing ability. He show tools of a 3rd overall pick this year. I have big hope for this guy!!

No, he's fantastic.

He has so much offensive potential he hasn't realized yet and brings so many other elements to the game. Fantastic player.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Ehhhh we got that pick for Romanov... :huh:
Right, right. Was confused.

I still maintain that Dach is much more important to this team than Romanov ever would be, and Xhekaj more than replaced him in the here and now.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Romanov is a smarter Emelin. Doesn’t bring much more, but makes less mistakes. Not a core piece to a team. We won’t miss him that much.

Reactions: SlafySZN and Hins77

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
I actually see a lot of Eric Dazé in his game. If he can be half as good and and twice as resistant, it'll be a good thing.

He also kind of reminds me of Pouliot, so let's hope that's not the road he's going down...
I remember about Pouliot, but Dach has better skills overall. Yeah both are big, but Dach is skating faster, he is protecting the puck very well along the board against defender, excellent playmaker. Imo, pouliot had just a great shot and thats it.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
It's funny to me how everybody had Romanov pencilled in as part of the Habs future core and the moment he's sent away he's been dismissed as a bottom-pairing goon.

Dach's got much higher potential and I think we can be happy with the trade considering our surplus of young d-men. We're not missing Romanov but there's no need to dismiss and denigrate the guy. A hard-hitting, good-skating player like Romanov can play on any team in the league and he's on pace to break his career high this year, so who knows how much more he can grow.
Well in my case I did not like Romanov apart from his ability to hit the board. Never liked him in his zone, too many mistakes. He may grow out of it, sure, but I don't miss him. I like Dach so far, though I'm not sure of him as a centre, we will see about that.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
I remember about Pouliot, but Dach has better skills overall. Yeah both are big, but Dach is skating faster, he is protecting the puck very well along the board against defender, excellent playmaker. Imo, pouliot had just a great shot and thats it.
Pouliot was actually super skilled. Had no drive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad