Player Discussion Kirby Dach: Welcome to Montreal part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Kirby is on pace for slightly over 50 points and close to 14 goals. He's exactly where I wanted/hoping he would be.

He's gaining in confidence and will keep improving. I'm very happy with this acquisition.

I agree. He also has the skill set to put up even more, he could become a really good piece going forward. If he can become a 70pt forward, that takes a lot of pressure off the rebuild.

Getting him for Romanov, essentially, was a great trade.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I agree. He also has the skill set to put up even more, he could become a really good piece going forward. If he can become a 70pt forward, that takes a lot of pressure off the rebuild.

Getting him for Romanov, essentially, was a great trade.

I definitely think he can be with the right wingers around him. Like CC is looking to belong to Suzuki.. but if we could get another shooter like that (Yager?) to put on his wing and maybe another heavy forward who will drive the net? Would be a great line for him.

Reactions: NotProkofievian

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I definitely think he can be with the right wingers around him. Like CC is looking to belong to Suzuki.. but if we could get another shooter like that (Yager?) to put on his wing and maybe another heavy forward who will drive the net? Would be a great line for him.

With a little bit of luck, things could turn around very quickly for us.

PLD - Suzuki - Caufield
Cristall - Carlsson/Fantilli - Dach

At that point, I would trust the rest of the bottom 6 to our prospect pool. Guys like Roy, Farrell, Beck, Mesar, can give us above replacement value for these positions on the cheap for a couple years.

If we don't get PLD, and the lottery doesn't go in our favour we're still in good shape, but things will take a little longer, unless one of the second group really takes a big step.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

PLD - Suzuki - Caufield

At that point, I would trust the rest of the bottom 6 to our prospect pool. Guys like Roy, Farrell, Beck, Mesar, can give us above replacement value for these positions on the cheap for a couple years.

If we don't get PLD, and the lottery doesn't go in our favour we're still in good shape, but things will take a little longer, unless one of the second group really takes a big step.

Agreed. I'm pretty comfortable with Slafkovsky at least developing into a very good complementary player with his size, skating, shooting ability and playmaking. We will see whether he can develop beyond that.

Suzuki and Caufield are sure things in my mind. They are top 6 players, we can debate if Suzuki is a real 1C or if Caufield is a superstar. Kid is gonna score close to, if not 40 this year on his ELC. Suzuki we've seen center the team to the cup finals in the play-offs.

Obviously I think Dach can become that 60-80 pt player and he's progressing well toward that. He's unlocking more all the time and showing versatility at center or wing.

PLD would be a smart add if the smoke around it is true, I hope it is and we can bring him in for the Trouba package.

Love to get a lotto win and secure Carlsson/Fantilli.. but if not, we are still looking at 2 of Smith, Yager, Dvorsky, Benson, Sale or Cristall. All of which have solid top 6 projections on them.

I've seen everything I need to see on Farrell. He's a pretty sure-fire top 9 guy for me. Beck is trending really strongly to fix that 3C spot for the next 7 years+. We will see what happens with Roy and Mesar, but I'm confident one of them will turn out.

After that it's pretty promising on Guhle, Xhekaj and Harris.. Just need one of the Hutson, Engstrom, Mailloux guys to make it as an offensive defender.. and then 2024 should present an opportunity to get another offensive defenseman in the draft. Adam Jiricek? Kiviharju? etc. Really like 24's defense crop more than '23.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Agreed. I'm pretty comfortable with Slafkovsky at least developing into a very good complementary player with his size, skating, shooting ability and playmaking. We will see whether he can develop beyond that.

Suzuki and Caufield are sure things in my mind. They are top 6 players, we can debate if Suzuki is a real 1C or if Caufield is a superstar. Kid is gonna score close to, if not 40 this year on his ELC. Suzuki we've seen center the team to the cup finals in the play-offs.

Obviously I think Dach can become that 60-80 pt player and he's progressing well toward that. He's unlocking more all the time and showing versatility at center or wing.

PLD would be a smart add if the smoke around it is true, I hope it is and we can bring him in for the Trouba package.

Love to get a lotto win and secure Carlsson/Fantilli.. but if not, we are still looking at 2 of Smith, Yager, Dvorsky, Benson, Sale or Cristall. All of which have solid top 6 projections on them.

I've seen everything I need to see on Farrell. He's a pretty sure-fire top 9 guy for me. Beck is trending really strongly to fix that 3C spot for the next 7 years+. We will see what happens with Roy and Mesar, but I'm confident one of them will turn out.

After that it's pretty promising on Guhle, Xhekaj and Harris.. Just need one of the Hutson, Engstrom, Mailloux guys to make it as an offensive defender.. and then 2024 should present an opportunity to get another offensive defenseman in the draft. Adam Jiricek? Kiviharju? etc. Really like 24's defense crop more than '23.

Right. If Slafkovsky becomes the 90 PT MINIMUM ANYTHING ELSE IS HERESY player we were promised we're cooking with gas. Lot of options for this team.

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022

PLD - Suzuki - Caufield

I think both cristall and Kirby are playmaker.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Figure I’ll just add this here for the archives. Not sure what Clutterbuck was thinking here. Dach is no power forward but he’s still a 6’3, 200lb+ man skating at full speed… trying to do some sort of stationary hit while off balanced himself was never going to end well.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Wrist didn't look permanently damaged to me last night.
Yah, that was a beautiful shot. The last three games he's really tried shooting more and I've seen an improvement in terms of release and velocity. If Dach can develop a shot, he will take a big step in his development towards a top line player.

Also, he has excellent offensive awareness: if you watch his goal yesterday, you will notice that as Caufield crosses the blue like, Dach hits the brakes just a little bit to give Dvorak a clear passing angle. That's such great spatial awareness and offensive foresight. It was an offensive instinct of a top line player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad