Confirmed with Link: Kirby Dach to Montreal for 13th and 66th overall picks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I'm getting a weird vibe from this trade. Like there are things left unsaid.
Eddie O said he wasn't surprised he was moved, which isn't exactly normal for a former top 3 pick that is 3 years into development. In the past some of the talking heads hinted at things which made it seem like the relationship was fractured as well. Kyle and Norm were both part of the organization when Kirby was taken, so to bail this quick says something, they werent totally detached from the old regime pick like a true outsider

Reactions: Muffinalt

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Eddie O said he wasn't surprised he was moved, which isn't exactly normal for a former top 3 pick that is 3 years into development. In the past some of the talking heads hinted at things which made it seem like the relationship was fractured as well. Kyle and Norm were both part of the organization when Kirby was taken, so to bail this quick says something, they werent totally detached from the old regime pick like a true outsider
Have to wonder whether Davidson/Norm wanted Zegras there if they weren't going Byram. Zegras seems to best fit the profile of forward they were trying to draft this year.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I feel like there's some hidden irony here. It certainly happened in Chicago before though trading a 3rd overall 3 years later... maybe Eddie could recall something like that

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
Kirby seems like a real nice kid but possibly similar to Adam Boqvist ,maybe too happy go lucky and not serious. Hopefully both of them begin to hit the weight room .

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
It’s par for the course for this organization to dog a guy after they move him. Teuvo had work ethic issues too after he left. I think Dach did have work ethic issues but idk,, they spin shit a lot
Both those were definitely talked about before they left. The kimo golf quote was from literally after game 1 of the cup final. Because Teuvo was getting praise and he was saying he's got a long way to go.

Reactions: Naster Okan

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Seems like Dach is a great skater. Is he a physical player? Has the size to throw big hits and as stuff, but does he? Before the wrist injury, what did Hawks fans Dach's potential was? 60 points a season?

I hope the trade works out for both teams! Original Six teams (not named Toronto) should be the best in the league! Nazar looks good! Hope he works out for you guys!

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Colton was a draft pick of the previous management,

I don't think the current people who run the team give a hoot about Colton's feelings.
I don't think current management wants to see anybody from the previous regime.

I'm waiting for a 5 prospect swap where we deliberately lose, Colton among those moved.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Seems like Dach is a great skater. Is he a physical player? Has the size to throw big hits and as stuff, but does he? Before the wrist injury, what did Hawks fans Dach's potential was? 60 points a season?

I hope the trade works out for both teams! Original Six teams (not named Toronto) should be the best in the league! Nazar looks good! Hope he works out for you guys!
He is not overly physical player. Before the wrist injury I definitely felt like he had better potential. Especially after the bubble series with Edm

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
It’s par for the course for this organization to dog a guy after they move him. Teuvo had work ethic issues too after he left. I think Dach did have work ethic issues but idk,, they spin shit a lot
Beach had "work" and "attitude" issues if I recall correctly too.

Seems like there's a pattern of deliberate leaks when somebody is on their way out of town.

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018

Post-injury Dach is not the same Dach who played in the Edmonton series, nor the same Dach we drafted.

So I don't know what he is now. But my hope was that he'd have this offseason to come back refreshed and get the chance to play for a coach that doesn't suck. So he'll certainly have that reset in Montreal.

If he returns to what he should have been before he was injured and rushed, think of someone like Jason Spezza.

Reactions: HabsAddict

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019

We were all hoping he would be a Getzlaf type but the wrist injury stalled any progress.

He's not physical at all and can get bullied at times.

He showed Getzlaf flashes during the Edmonton series but that was 2 playoffs ago then the wrist injury happened.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
The Hawks don't have a single 200' player at the wing. I was hoping Dach would be a very good defensive center or cost effective middles six wing for a long time. With his improved defense, his frame, and his skating, I think he'll have a very nice career without killing teams on his cap hit. The trade isn't bad on it's own, but in context with everything, I don't like it.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
It doesn't even seem like anyone is saying anything. Even the Barstool guy is like, oh he needed a change of scenery and doesn't care he's gone. It's odd.

Reactions: Muffinalt

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
The weirdest thing about Dach is I've never seen a player eat as many hits as he does. It's almost like he intentionally puts himself in a position to get hit. It's bizarre. The guy is a magnet.
He’s going to be injured a bunch of he doesn’t rectify that. Always leaves himself vulnerable to massive hits.

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
The weirdest thing about Dach is I've never seen a player eat as many hits as he does. It's almost like he intentionally puts himself in a position to get hit. It's bizarre. The guy is a magnet.
Also falls down frequently after the hit on the boards.

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
Think a lot of the hits he took was when he went to the boards/corners to try to get the puck. So he didn't shy from contact, he just mainly received hits without giving much. Early on with the Hawks he did seem to be one of the more successful forwards in getting the puck out of scrums.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Hey Blackhawks fans... I really like Kirby Dach in his draft year, do you think, he can be a solid top 6 C for Habs?

With a new team, new coach like Martin St.Louis, do you think Dach can live his hype of 2019 draft?

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Hey Blackhawks fans... I really like Kirby Dach in his draft year, do you think, he can be a solid top 6 C for Habs?

With a new team, new coach like Martin St.Louis, do you think Dach can live his hype of 2019 draft?

It's impossible to say, really, with the horrible luck he had here.
But I do thing a change of scenery will do wonders for him. I wish him the best. This organization did him no favors.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
It's impossible to say, really, with the horrible luck he had here.
But I do thing a change of scenery will do wonders for him. I wish him the best. This organization did him no favors.

Nice to hear that isn't really his fault and looks more a bad developement by Hawks and his injurie don't help. He got 10 points in 18 games in 2020-2021 (that's a 45 points on 82 games) season and before that, play really well in playoffs too.

I wanted Nazar for Habs... but I think it's a good gamble to grab a 21 years old, big 6"4 two-way C.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad