Confirmed with Link: Kirby Dach to Montreal for 13th and 66th overall picks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Welp gonna have to change my username again. Any suggestions?

Also, I actually like the trade. Nazar has a chance to be very good. I thought Korchinski got drafted a bit too high (he was top-15 probably for me but not top-10), but Nazar likely could’ve gone top-10. Flip the order we got these two in and I’m happy.
LazerFromNazar

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018

Also, I actually like the trade. Nazar has a chance to be very good. I thought Korchinski got drafted a bit too high (he was top-15 probably for me but not top-10), but Nazar likely could’ve gone top-10. Flip the order we got these two in and I’m happy.
NazarLazer

Reactions: TheDachKnight

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL

CrossbarNazar

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
While the return is acceptable , we pissed off Colton, ?????? Seems dumb
He's not a college Boy, a chl kid who already signed his elc. If he's mad, so be it. It's a business and it just means more forward space for him.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Considering that Colton's biggest weakness is skating, he might not be around much longer either...
It’s so weird. Kirby is a good skater but can’t shoot to save his life. Colton is a good shot but struggles with skating. Is there a third Dach that combines the two?

Reactions: Muffinalt

Pertti

Dec 1, 2019
Better return than I expected.

Didn't want him to be traded but...

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
I'm not sure if it's smart to trade him already and give up
or
he is what he is and better now than later with less value

toss up for me, I liked him and still expect him to turn out as Top6 Center.
They really tear it down and we can expect to be Oilers 2010-2014 bad

Darkstar

Nov 3, 2007
Denver, CO
It was best for him to get a fresh start somewhere else, because he wasn't going to get developed here. I have no idea what they were trying to do with him, but he doesn't have the type of skill level to be a finesse player. He needs more weight and muscle, play with an edge and use his size to his advantage. Is he that type of player mentally? Remains to be seen.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Hi guys, Habs fan here. What I could expect from Kirby Dach? I remember, I liked him his draft year, and what happenned to his developpement? Thanks for sharing!

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Habs fan in peace. I didn’t like our selection at 1OA and I’m not crazy about this deal at all. I hope it works out for Kirby. My question is, prior to his wrist injury was there signs of a breakout? This could turn into a home run or be a complete strikeout. I like the fact that the Habs management took a gamble to try to address the 2C spot relatively cheaply, I’m just not sure Dach is the horse I would have bet on.

Hope he proves me wrong.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Habs fan in peace. I didn’t like our selection at 1OA and I’m not crazy about this deal at all. I hope it works out for Kirby. My question is, prior to his wrist injury was there signs of a breakout? This could turn into a home run or be a complete strikeout. I like the fact that the Habs management took a gamble to try to address the 2C spot relatively cheaply, I’m just not sure Dach is the horse I would have bet on.

Hope he proves me wrong.
bubble playoffs he was 2nd in toi for forwards behind Kane iirc and matched up against McDavid and Drai all series, it was said he came to the bubble a lot stronger since they had quite a bit of time off, then he broke his wrist at wjc, idiot bowman and colliton had him playing 3 months later despite him complaining about pain, ultimately was shut down before season ended and he was never the same after that point, he never showed any real offensive consistency that you would expect from a 3rd overall pick...Hughes, Zegras and Caufield have shown way more to this point

Reactions: BehindTheTimes

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018

Hope he proves me wrong.
He was on a real nice trajectory pre-wrist injury. He actually played some pretty terrific hockey in the bubble but never returned to that form. If anyone has excuses for poor play it’s probably him as he couldn’t have been handled much more poorly by bowman. That wrist injury was pretty devestating and he’s never played under an NHL caliber coach. The potential for a breakout is for sure there, it’s just he doesn’t fit the structure our new GM is trying to build so it wasn’t worth it for the hawks to take that risk on him if they could get fair value.

I actually was not wild about the trade from our perspective until I saw we took Nazar with the pick.

Last edited:

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
A young talented player who needed/needs a fresh start. It’s all there to be a very good player going forwards. Hawks rushed him unfortunately. Roll of the dice no doubt for your team.
You get a fan favorite d man
Loves to hit

I hope Dach plays better, was good in Saskatoon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad