Confirmed with Link: Kirby Dach to Montreal for 13th and 66th overall picks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Crow

May 19, 2014
It was painful watching Byram during the playoffs. Now they’ve sold low on a tall young player they rushed to the NHL and who was coming off a hand injury that prevented him from lifting weights to build his strength.
Going to regret this one I think unless they really nail this pick

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Interesting (if not pathetic) that in this draft politics are playing a larger part than the NHL would like.... I.E. Russians being ignored despite their obviouss talent.

Will Hawks pounce? I think so ... the way Davidson is going..

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Interesting (if not pathetic) that in this draft politics are playing a larger part than the NHL would like.... I.E. Russians being ignored despite their obviouss talent.

Russian goalie just got likely sent to arctic military unit against his will (A unit that is essentially punishment) and other Russians face being forced into army at time of a war

It's very much an issue teams need to consider. Also, its possible they could be barred in future by Russian government from leaving Russia ala Soviet Union

I am one of those draft "Russians" all the time guys and even I wouldn't draft them high in this draft right now given situation

Would grab them in later rounds though

Last edited:

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
A young talented player who needed/needs a fresh start. It’s all there to be a very good player going forwards. Hawks rushed him unfortunately. Roll of the dice no doubt for your team.
Strength & weaknesses?

is he a bad skater? as he shown some offensive flashes?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I'm actually more ok with this trade than the Cat trade, but you still just traded a 3OA pick that had a botched development path, and a bad wrist injury, for 13OA...

I think they're giving up on Dach too early, but only time will tell. Kid at least deserved a coach other than JC and King... (lol)

Reactions: Pez68 and Mrfenn92

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I'm actually more ok with this trade than the Cat trade, but you still just traded a 3OA pick that had a botched development path, and a bad wrist injury, for 13OA...

I think they're giving up on Dach too early, but only time will tell. Kid at least deserved a coach other than JC and King... (lol)
He’s going to a nice place for him
Fresh start

Reactions: TheDachKnight

madgoat33

May 16, 2010

Not "politics", just using their brain. Awful risky to take a guy who likely will get conscripted and/or unable to leave Russia.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Possible

But at same time the Hawks holding onto him was great risk because another year of struggle and his value would collapse

This draft very well may have been best chance to salvage value and I am fine with it

It's risky that he may work out in Montreal but at same time I think Hawks have good shot to come out ahead here as I am not sold on Dach

madgoat33

May 16, 2010

Cant shoot, cant win a faceoff, plays small, couldnt produce with kane and cat. I think its far more likely he was just overdrafted and isnt very good than it is he ever becomes a good top 6 center.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

It's common sense. A hockey player just got thrown into the f***ing military over there because he wanted to leave to play hockey... How can anyone risk a 1st round pick on that?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Cant shoot, cant win a faceoff, plays small, couldnt produce with kane and cat. I think its far more likely he was just overdrafted and isnt very good than it is he ever becomes a good top 6 center.

He showed plenty of flashes to think he could develop into a monster.

I do like the pick they took, though, so we'll see.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
He showed plenty of flashes to think he could develop into a monster.

I do like the pick they took, though, so we'll see.
Guess we just disagree. His best stretch was 1 playoff series against the worst defensive team in the league where he still wasnt putting the puck in the net.

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
Welp gonna have to change my username again. Any suggestions?

Also, I actually like the trade. Nazar has a chance to be very good. I thought Korchinski got drafted a bit too high (he was top-15 probably for me but not top-10), but Nazar likely could’ve gone top-10. Flip the order we got these two in and I’m happy.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Welp gonna have to change my username again. Any suggestions?

Also, I actually like the trade. Nazar has a chance to be very good. I thought Korchinski got drafted a bit too high (he was top-15 probably for me but not top-10), but Nazar likely could’ve gone top-10. Flip the order we got these two in and I’m happy.

NazarKnight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad