Kingston Frontenacs 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 4)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
Camp Rosters released - 2024 Training Camp Rosters Announced - Kingston Frontenacs

3 forward free agents - Braeden O'Keefe ('05, 86 OHL games with Hamilton, just over PPG in the OJHL)
Ben PIckell ('05, 22 OHL games with Barrie, well over PPG in the OJHL last year)
Zack Carrier ('07, local kid, 9 points in 33 OJHL games)

No other surprise attendees - none of the NCAA guys are there, Heyes is there as a third OA, all three of last years U18 draft picks, as well as their first U18 pick from '23 (Riley Clark).
From the '24 draft missing Caleb Malhotra (1st), Josh Levy (13th), Nathan Kutansky (14th) and Graham Gee (15th).
From the '23 draft only missing the 3 NCAA commits - Kieren Dervin (5th), Kevin Perreault (8th) and Matthew Manza (9th).

The only other thing I found noteworthy - no Salajko - I'm assuming he was just released.

Also no Chromiak - again as expected, assuming he's been released.

I'll be curious to see if anyone's filled out once heights/weights are posted - I know Lukas Moore was drafted at 6'0" 166 but is listed at 6'2" 180 on the Haliburton pre-season roster.

Last edited:

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
I'll be curious to see if anyone's filled out once heights/weights are posted - I know Lukas Moore was drafted at 6'0" 166 but is listed at 6'2" 180 on the Haliburton pre-season roster.
Hopkins was listed 6’1 185 for the u18s after being drafted as 6’1 and 160

know we didn’t get to see a ton of him during the u18’s but I’m excited to see him this year. Should be a lot harder to knock down.

Reactions: OMG67

PuckLucker

Feb 18, 2024
Would not be surprised if Pickell is ready to play in the OHL
100% he's a lock.
You look at the depth of the roster and the Fronts have lots of holes to fill on the 3rd & 4th line. Pickell will be an upgrade for some of the 2005 born Fronts currently rostered.

I noticed the same thing as Leafs4Life94, no Salajko or Chromiak listed and the writing was on the wall late last season for those 2 players.

Coach Mann and #29's dad would have discussed strategy at the cottage recently together. Hopefully they loop Cooper in on what the plans and direction are for this team moving forward.

PuckLucker

Feb 18, 2024
Cavillin is trying out in the Q. Must have been waived.
Yes he asked out over the summer and was transferred on August 23 to the Drummondville Voltigeurs.

Can’t blame the kid, he just wants to play and get minutes. Currently on 2nd line in preseason games.

Reactions: frontsfan67

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
The fact that O'Keefe has already played a season and a half a worth of games has to be playing in his favour too. He's definitely not the biggest guy but if he can be a sparkplug in the bottom 6 he could be a very welcome addition.

I'm probably most looking forward to seeing Velliaris, Weir and Hopkins to see how they've progressed over the summer, Pieniniemi for the first time and then Buttar, McQuaig and Mondoux for rookies that are pushing for a spot.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Can’t blame the kid, he just wants to play and get minutes. Currently on 2nd line in preseason games.
Oh absolutely.

Drummondville after winning the q and trading gauthier is looking like they’ll be in a full scale rebuild. Good for him getting a spot. Hope he does well enough to come back as an OA for them.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
I think Saljko saw the writing on the wall with the trade and draft.

What do they look like

Last edited:

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Miedema Guindon Uronen
??? Hopkins Battaglia
Buttar Mcnamara Soto
????? Weir Heyes

Pienemi uens
Burns Williamson
Vellaris Moore
???? ?????

These are the openings I see for players to make the team

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Miedema Guindon Uronen
??? Hopkins Battaglia
Buttar Mcnamara Soto
????? Weir Heyes

Pienemi uens
Burns Williamson
Vellaris Moore
???? ?????

These are the openings I see for players to make the team

Unless traded, McGowan is part of that team I think. There has to be a LW or C added soon as well imo. Until then Battaglia might be playing LW 5 vs 5.

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
This is pretty much what it looks like as of now.

Needs: 2nd D pair / Elite C (Sounds like they are in on Wakely which would shuffle lines around)
People may question why Mcnamara over Hopkins at 2C but I feel like Troy will start Luke on a top line and see how it goes as there is a family relationship there.

F:
Battaglia Guidon Soto
Miedima Mcnamara Uronen
TBD Hopkins Heyes
Buttar TBD Weir

D:
Pienieniemi Burns
Uens McGowan
Velliaris Williamson

G:
Lalonde
Vaccari

Last edited:

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Unless traded, McGowan is part of that team I think. There has to be a LW or C added soon as well imo. Until then Battaglia might be playing LW 5 vs 5.
Yeah I only see maybe 3 openings on the team.

LW
C
D

@ScoutLife4 Why would you put your top 2 LHD on the same line.

Especially considering that neither is a points producer?

FrontalLobe

Feb 23, 2023
Yeah I only see maybe 3 openings on the team.

LW
C
D

@ScoutLife4 Why would you put your top 2 LHD on the same line.

Especially considering that neither is a points producer?
They won't be. Mann does not like same shot pairings on D. I believe another deal for a RH D will be made in the near future and the D will look like this....

D
Burns (New RHD)
Pienemini Uens
McGowan Williamson

FWD
Battaglia Guindon Soto
Miedima ? Uronen

Then - Hopkins, Heyes, McNamara, Buttar, Weir, Pickell, (McCuaig)

Question mark is waiting on Ludwinski decision and if he's not back then a move for an impact C. Wakely would be great but not entirely sold on that being the plan

G
Lalonde
Vacarri

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
This is pretty much what it looks like as of now.

Needs: 2nd D pair / Elite C (Sounds like they are in on Wakely which would shuffle lines around)
People may question why Mcnamara over Hopkins at 2C but I feel like Troy will start Luke on a top line and see how it goes as there is a family relationship there.

F:
Battaglia Guidon Soto
Miedima Mcnamara Uronen
TBD Hopkins Heyes
Buttar TBD Weir

D:
Pienieniemi Burns
Uens McGowan
Velliaris Williamson

G:
Lalonde
Vaccari

I see McNamara (LW/C) - Uronen (RW) together as well, and against top lines.
I can see Pickell making the team as well. I watched him play scared for his roster spot in Barrie a couple of years ago. Pickell can prevent goals even though more suited as an offensive player; maybe at 19 with lots of TOI in the OJHL, he is ready to be a 2-way OHL player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad