Kingston Frontenacs 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 4)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PuckLucker

Feb 18, 2024
Budnicka requested the trade so it is hard to say. coaching older players would not have been an issue with him as he was 19.

If Thibodeau was crying for a trade during hte season that is because he did not like Mann's system and the fact that Mann wants 2 way team players that can pass the puck and back check

Like I said this camp is going to be interesting.
Thanks for sharing.
Budnick was one of the Defense I felt was the pulse of the back end, the effort, the energy and would block so many shots for his goalies

Similar situation regarding coaches systems where I assume for Marc Savard's son who disappeared/left without any news release from the Fronts.

Oh well, that's life. 3 Intersquad games to look forward to next week

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Budnicks girlfriend was going to school in Guelph.
He requested to get closer to her and they were unhappy with his lack of discipline so i think it was mutual in the end as he was disciplined a couple times for off ice issues.

Thibodeau it was more trading the Dad then the player. Him and Cooper / Caputi had been butting heads for a while before Mann even came in.

Frasca returned from his injury, struggled and was toxic when Kingston brough in Dubas.
I was personally told by at least 3 staff members that he just was not a good person which is a pretty bold statement.
Frasca's mom unfortunately was very involved in his decision making and was coaching him.

Hey Kory should be happy he got to deal with 2 Bonie clones in one year LOL

Wasn't Caputi involved with helping train or working with Frasca and the family?I was actually surprised that Thibodeau made it thruogh the deadline. I guess o one wantedhim LOL

The deal with Flilnt should have a follow on later in the yer because theydefinitely robbed Flint

I think these moves are sending a signal that they only want players that are 100% committed.
Frasca turned out to be a lazy player and let his emotions affect his draft year but he is blaming the team for going undrafted.
Battaglia was originally projected to go quite a bit later then Frasca and had a totally different attitude and look how he benefited.
The fresh start could be very good for him and the team.

Reactions: PuckLucker

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
Hey Kory should be happy he got to deal with 2 Bonie clones in one year LOL

Wasn't Caputi involved with helping train or working with Frasca and the family?I was actually surprised that Thibodeau made it thruogh the deadline. I guess o one wantedhim LOL

The deal with Flilnt should have a follow on later in the yer because theydefinitely robbed Flint
Not sure about Caputi's relationship with the family.
Thibodeau was an interesting player. The kid could skate but he was not growing and due to his lack of size he was getting bullied off the puck with ease by even the 16 year olds.
I still don't think he has cracked the 150LB mark at almost 19 years old.
He would try and do to much and turn the puck over at the blue line over and over again.
Frustrating player to watch make the same mistakes over and over again.

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014

Pieniniemi signing official!

I assume this means Chromiak is one the way out soon - or can they keep him in the meantime since Pieniniemi is signed?

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023

I assume this means Chromiak is one the way out soon - or can they keep him in the meantime since Pieniniemi is signed?
Almost like i know what i'm talking about. -Don't tell AGranderson

Emil is even coming to training camp now which was uncertain last weekend as he wanted to head back to Finland.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017

they have 2 weeks i think? but im not sure if that starts on game 1 or the day of signing.

is he signed by pittsburgh? that may change it as well

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Almost like i know what i'm talking about. -Don't tell AGranderson

Emil is even coming to training camp now which was uncertain last weekend as he wanted to head back to Finland.
Awesome. Yeah glad it’s finally official. Wonder what happened to make him come this early. Thought it was the 5th that he had the flight for. Lots of stuff changes in a week holy

Wonder if they will trade Chromiak or will he just stay in Slovakia? Also any word on JJ Salajko?
My guess is they trade Chromiak for a bag of hockey pucks just so he can stay in the league or he stays in Slovakia.

Reactions: Section5Petes

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Wonder if they will trade Chromiak or will he just stay in Slovakia? Also any word on JJ Salajko?

theyve been trying to trade salajko, its hard, he costs a ton on his education package.

He's signed by Pitts

if hes signed then i would think that the 2 week clock wouldnt start until he's sent back from training camp by pittsburgh.

either way, someone may throw a mid round pick at him, but i could see him just saying screw it and going back home as well.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
theyve been trying to trade salajko, its hard, he costs a ton on his education package.

if hes signed then i would think that the 2 week clock wouldnt start until he's sent back from training camp by pittsburgh.

either way, someone may throw a mid round pick at him, but i could see him just saying screw it and going back home as well.
I think if I was Chromiak I would say screw it. There is not NHL interest in him. this is the second time he has been odd man out.

You might as well see if he can generate some pro-interest in Europe.

Question though what is the status of Uronen has he signed and is he in camp or is he still a maybe that could affect chromiak

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I think if I was Chromiak I would say screw it. There is not NHL interest in him. this is the second time he has been odd man out.

You might as well see if he can generate some pro-interest in Europe.

Question though what is the status of Uronen has he signed and is he in camp or is he still a maybe that could affect chromiak

Uronen has a Standard Player Agreement when he signed in Ottawa. So, this would not be a matter of whether he has a contract. It would only be a matter of whether he wants to play in Kingston. I highly doubt Kingston would trade a draft pick without knowing he’d report so I think you need to assume he is going to report to Training Camp and fill an Import roster spot this year.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Uronen has a Standard Player Agreement when he signed in Ottawa. So, this would not be a matter of whether he has a contract. It would only be a matter of whether he wants to play in Kingston. I highly doubt Kingston would trade a draft pick without knowing he’d report so I think you need to assume he is going to report to Training Camp and fill an Import roster spot this year.
There was no real cost, but I agree he should show up. Then again, it could also depend on what Vegas sees as Uronen's future. Is he part of it or not? If they don't sign him and tell them that he is not in their plans, he may decide to play in the Men's League Pro in Europe.

hopefully, he comes, and Pienemi is set back to them.

The question about Pienemi is when he comes back. Depending on what he brings to camp, they may take a look at him with WB and see how he does.

Suiting up and practicing with Mann for a short time is not a bad thing; it will help him get ready for rookie camp.

FrontalLobe

Feb 23, 2023
Uronen and Pieniniemi will both be in Kingston this year and most likely along with another D to be acquired before camp starts. Not an OA bc like I have said several times, they will wait to see on Ludwinski before looking at upgrading an OA spot.

As for all the speculation around the Frasca and Thibodeua deals. They both basically quit on the team in the North Bay series. They openly voiced their frustration with ice time and stated they wanted out, one of them even mid-game I was told. Ridiculous sense of selfish entitlement from both. No willingness to buy into the earn your ice time concept. This did not sit well with the true leaders on the team. They needed to be moved before training camp as they would not have been welcomed sites at camp this year and would have been made to answer the bell so to speak. Great moves getting rid of both.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Uronen and Pieniniemi will both be in Kingston this year and most likely along with another D to be acquired before camp starts. Not an OA bc like I have said several times, they will wait to see on Ludwinski before looking at upgrading an OA spot.

As for all the speculation around the Frasca and Thibodeua deals. They both basically quit on the team in the North Bay series. They openly voiced their frustration with ice time and stated they wanted out, one of them even mid-game I was told. Ridiculous sense of selfish entitlement from both. No willingness to buy into the earn your ice time concept. This did not sit well with the true leaders on the team. They needed to be moved before training camp as they would not have been welcomed sites at camp this year and would have been made to answer the bell so to speak. Great moves getting rid of both.

From my perspective, Kingston has two open OA slots. I cannot see how bringing back either Poole or Hayes makes any sense. There will be free players in November available as well as the deadline. With such an abundance of capable OA’s this season, I don’t see a spot for either of those two players.

If you think Punnet was acquired for dirt cheap at the deadline last year, wait to see what happens this year.

You should get an answer on Ludwinski before the end of October, probably much sooner.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
From my perspective, Kingston has two open OA slots. I cannot see how bringing back either Poole or Hayes makes any sense. There will be free players in November available as well as the deadline. With such an abundance of capable OA’s this season, I don’t see a spot for either of those two players.

If you think Punnet was acquired for dirt cheap at the deadline last year, wait to see what happens this year.

You should get an answer on Ludwinski before the end of October, probably much sooner.
they have lalonde as an overage as well

Reactions: frontsfan67

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023

Kingston does not have 2 OA spots available.
they have Guidon and Lalonde - Heyes temporarily until they upgrade.

I tried not to go into to much detail because i realize he's just a teenager but Frasca was one of the most entitled toxic players the team has ever seen.
Some of the most forgiving, easy going people in the organization repeatedly told me this kid is just not a good person.

Reactions: frontsfan67

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014

I think there's a decent chance that Heyes starts the year if there's no one that suits them available, and they need the bodies to start the year - but the second an upgrade is available they'd jump on it.

Personally I don't think there's a shot in the world that Ludwinski returns - I would happily eat my words if he does but I just don't see it. There's no harm in keeping his rights as extra OA until the November deadline - but I wouldn't want to go past the November deadline with only 2 OAs banking on a Ludwinski return.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
they have lalonde as an overage as well

I forgot about Lalonde. If Kingston is a team looking to be a contender, having an OA sit on their bench as a backup is moronic. Go get a reasonable decent 19 year old. They are usually pretty cheap. I cannot see Lalonde still on that roster come the deadline when so many highly capable OA’s will be available cheap. Of course, that assumes Vaccari has no issues as a starter. I like Vaccari so I doubt that would be the case.

Reactions: ottsabrefan

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
I think there's a decent chance that Heyes starts the year if there's no one that suits them available, and they need the bodies to start the year - but the second an upgrade is available they'd jump on it.

Personally I don't think there's a shot in the world that Ludwinski returns - I would happily eat my words if he does but I just don't see it. There's no harm in keeping his rights as extra OA until the November deadline - but I wouldn't want to go past the November deadline with only 2 OAs banking on a Ludwinski return.
I wouldn't rule out Ludwinski.
Chicago organization is overloaded with young players that lack size right now.
I think this works a bit in Kingstons favor. I would lean more likely he doesn't return then he does but its not set in stone.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013

You can keep Ludwinski on the roster through the deadline. You only need to pair it down to four at the deadline.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
I forgot about Lalonde. If Kingston is a team looking to be a contender, having an OA sit on their bench as a backup is moronic. Go get a reasonable decent 19 year old. They are usually pretty cheap. I cannot see Lalonde still on that roster come the deadline when so many highly capable OA’s will be available cheap. Of course, that assumes Vaccari has no issues as a starter. I like Vaccari so I doubt that would be the case.
I would agree with you, I’m just not sure who the 19 year old would be. plus, cooper is pretty tight with lalonde so I’m it sure how easy he would cut him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad