Kingston Frontenacs 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 4)

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Believe that’s right.

Still though imagine travelling from brandon all the way to victoria. Unreal. Personally I’m surprised they don’t have a league in between for Manitoba and Saskatchewan with a few American teams and then the west with bc/Alberta and a few American teams.

Chl could definitely expand more. Whl has an all American division
I think they go for a long term. It really isn’t about how far it is to get from point A to Point B. It is about how difficult the travel is once you get there.

Brandon played in:
Calgary Jan 12
Victoria Jan 15
Everett Jan 17
Vancouver Jan 19
Kelowna Jan 21
Kamloops Jan 22
Prince George Jan 24

Brandon to Calgary is 11 hours. That sucks. Calgary to Victoria is 13 hours. That would be 7 hours after the afternoon game in Calgary to Kelowna. Then the other six hours on Jan 13 to Victoria. But the rest of the trip from Victoria to Prince George is 18 hours. That is over 9 days so an average of 2 hours per day. It isn’t all that crazy. One trip every year for two weeks isn’t the end of the world.

Reactions: frontsfan67

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
I think they go for a long term. It really isn’t about how far it is to get from point A to Point B. It is about how difficult the travel is once you get there.

Brandon played in:
Calgary Jan 12
Victoria Jan 15
Everett Jan 17
Vancouver Jan 19
Kelowna Jan 21
Kamloops Jan 22
Prince George Jan 24

Brandon to Calgary is 11 hours. That sucks. Calgary to Victoria is 13 hours. That would be 7 hours after the afternoon game in Calgary to Kelowna. Then the other six hours on Jan 13 to Victoria. But the rest of the trip from Victoria to Prince George is 18 hours. That is over 9 days so an average of 2 hours per day. It isn’t all that crazy. One trip every year for two weeks isn’t the end of the world.
Yeah good point

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Frasca to Niagara would be nice. Niagara has excess ‘05s and Bryant supposedly out for a bit with an injured shoulder would be a fit for Kingston.

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
I'd have to imagine if they move Frasca they're looking to get multiple players in return based on the low number of signed players, but whenever you trade multiple players for one player, 99% of the time the team that trades away the best player ends up losing the trade.

When does the August trade window open? Is it Aug 1 or is it the Tuesday after the long weekend?

Reactions: frontsfan67

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I'd have to imagine if they move Frasca they're looking to get multiple players in return based on the low number of signed players, but whenever you trade multiple players for one player, 99% of the time the team that trades away the best player ends up losing the trade.

When does the August trade window open? Is it Aug 1 or is it the Tuesday after the long weekend?

The summer shut down probably ends the first business day of August.
It seems Frasca was unhappy when put on the wing at one point even though he was a liability at centre last season. I would think top line LW would be as good or better than 3rd centre behind Ludwinski and Dubois.
So even if Frasca is the best player or potentially best player player in a trade, it could be in the best interest of Kingston for this season.

Last edited:

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Believe that’s right.

Still though imagine travelling from brandon all the way to victoria. Unreal. Personally I’m surprised they don’t have a league in between for Manitoba and Saskatchewan with a few American teams and then the west with bc/Alberta and a few American teams.

Chl could definitely expand more. Whl has an all American division
The teams mainly play in their division Spruce grove ans an example does not play everyone in the other conference and only plays 6 games. They also try to keep the winter inthe schedule as theyhave horendous winter storms in the rockies

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
Not sure it would make much sense to move Frasca in the summer after an injury year where he struggled when he came back and went undrafted after being projected as going in the 2nd round initially in early season rankings that i seen.
Kingston would be better to wait and see if he comes out strong then make a decision as his trade value is probably at its lowest point ever imo.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Not sure it would make much sense to move Frasca in the summer after an injury year where we struggled when he came back and went undrafted after being projected as going in the 2nd round initially in early season rankings that i seen.
Kingston would be better to wait and see if he comes out strong then make a decision as his trade value is probably at its lowest point ever imo.
not sure it’s Kingston initiating in

Reactions: Section5Petes

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
not sure it’s Kingston initiating in
Foolish decision on his part if true.
He has an opportunity to use his last 2 years to develop under one of the best developmental coaches in the O with a long history of helping players that are not ready get to N.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Not sure it would make much sense to move Frasca in the summer after an injury year where he struggled when he came back and went undrafted after being projected as going in the 2nd round initially in early season rankings that i seen.

If happy to play LW for the fronts, absolutely keep Frasca.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
He has an opportunity to use his last 2 years to develop under one of the best developmental coaches in the O with a long history of helping players that are not ready get to N.

He could be getting bad advice or told what he wants to hear. The kid should be happy putting up crooked numbers with Battaglia for 2-3 seasons, maybe as a centre 2025-26

Reactions: ottsabrefan

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
not sure the situation but lots of chatter

Reactions: Section5Petes

FrontalLobe

Feb 23, 2023
This one is a two way street. The player/family want out due to selfishness and sense of entitlement and a move can't happen soon enough for the dressing room!

Reactions: leafs4life94

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Pretty risky but they’re the ones that see him in practice every day. Maybe some team thinks it’ll be the next calum Ritchie situation where he is a big breakout player and overpays. Meanwhile Kingston knows he won’t be the same again and fleeces them.

Personally I’d wait until a few weeks into the season and if he isn’t playing great hockey then trade him for a young 3c and as many picks as you can get. Then flip those picks for a 1c and remember we still have all those picks from the Thibodeau trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad