Kingston Frontenacs 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 4)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Now, if Kingston wants to do a soft buy and add at a lower cost this year, Swick has looked good in the pre-season. Just sayin'.
I would love swick in a Kingston uniform and in the off season I was pushing for that to happen- mentioned his name a few times on here. Only problem is it sounds like they’re trying to get an upgrade at the 1C whether that’s Ludwinski or trading for a guy like Allard/Wakely. If they don’t do that I assume they go for an OA D man to help the top 4.

A winger I can’t see right now but if they can’t get a top tier centre or d man I think that’s the first guy they’ll look at.

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
This rumoured OA rule change would really help out the Fronts because it'd open up an OA spot on D while still being able to upgrade on Heyes. I'd love Swick and Konnor Smith to give them a massive size boost since they don't have a ton of size/grit.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
This rumoured OA rule change would really help out the Fronts because it'd open up an OA spot on D while still being able to upgrade on Heyes. I'd love Swick and Konnor Smith to give them a massive size boost since they don't have a ton of size/grit.

it would have happened by now to be part of this year? who posted it and have they been right about things in the past?

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
it would have happened by now to be part of this year? who posted it and have they been right about things in the past?
That was my thought too - it was from a Kitchener Instagram account posted on the Kitchener thread - I hadn't seen the account before but I'm also not on Kitchener Instagram pages at all.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
There was nothing official seen about a change allowing first year imports to be traded before the Christmas break that I am aware of, but Eliasson to the colts is supposedly done.
I would not be surprised by a so far unannounced change regarding OA goalies.

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
Looks like Kingston is 8/8 (including Ludwinski since why not) in players advancing to main camps - they're going to need to find bodies for the pre-season games this weekend, being down 4 forwards and their top 2 D it'll be interesting who they pick up.

It'll be interesting to see who they bring in or if they just play short.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Looks like Kingston is 8/8 (including Ludwinski since why not) in players advancing to main camps - they're going to need to find bodies for the pre-season games this weekend, being down 4 forwards and their top 2 D it'll be interesting who they pick up.

It'll be interesting to see who they bring in or if they just play short.
I got told by a reliable source that they have brought in Gabe Runco as one of the D. Decent size d man- played with Niagara in 2022/23 and OJHL last season.

Regardless just pre season shouldn’t matter too much. Just means more minutes for guys like velliaris/williamson/hopkins and maybe Betts sees another game or half of one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad