Kingston Frontenacs 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 4)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Now, if Kingston wants to do a soft buy and add at a lower cost this year, Swick has looked good in the pre-season. Just sayin'.
I would love swick in a Kingston uniform and in the off season I was pushing for that to happen- mentioned his name a few times on here. Only problem is it sounds like they’re trying to get an upgrade at the 1C whether that’s Ludwinski or trading for a guy like Allard/Wakely. If they don’t do that I assume they go for an OA D man to help the top 4.

A winger I can’t see right now but if they can’t get a top tier centre or d man I think that’s the first guy they’ll look at.

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
This rumoured OA rule change would really help out the Fronts because it'd open up an OA spot on D while still being able to upgrade on Heyes. I'd love Swick and Konnor Smith to give them a massive size boost since they don't have a ton of size/grit.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
This rumoured OA rule change would really help out the Fronts because it'd open up an OA spot on D while still being able to upgrade on Heyes. I'd love Swick and Konnor Smith to give them a massive size boost since they don't have a ton of size/grit.

it would have happened by now to be part of this year? who posted it and have they been right about things in the past?

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
it would have happened by now to be part of this year? who posted it and have they been right about things in the past?
That was my thought too - it was from a Kitchener Instagram account posted on the Kitchener thread - I hadn't seen the account before but I'm also not on Kitchener Instagram pages at all.

Krangers08

Sep 11, 2023
That was my thought too - it was from a Kitchener Instagram account posted on the Kitchener thread - I hadn't seen the account before but I'm also not on Kitchener Instagram pages at all.
Was mentioned at the Rangers Season ticket holder board meeting hosted by the GM and COO.

Reactions: dirty12

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
There was nothing official seen about a change allowing first year imports to be traded before the Christmas break that I am aware of, but Eliasson to the colts is supposedly done.
I would not be surprised by a so far unannounced change regarding OA goalies.

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
Looks like Kingston is 8/8 (including Ludwinski since why not) in players advancing to main camps - they're going to need to find bodies for the pre-season games this weekend, being down 4 forwards and their top 2 D it'll be interesting who they pick up.

It'll be interesting to see who they bring in or if they just play short.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Looks like Kingston is 8/8 (including Ludwinski since why not) in players advancing to main camps - they're going to need to find bodies for the pre-season games this weekend, being down 4 forwards and their top 2 D it'll be interesting who they pick up.

It'll be interesting to see who they bring in or if they just play short.
I got told by a reliable source that they have brought in Gabe Runco as one of the D. Decent size d man- played with Niagara in 2022/23 and OJHL last season.

Regardless just pre season shouldn’t matter too much. Just means more minutes for guys like velliaris/williamson/hopkins and maybe Betts sees another game or half of one.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Personally, I do not think you are going to see any big/important trades by the Fronts until at least the end of October unless someone offers that dealyou cannot refuse.

2 reasons
1 Mann wants to get players playing and see what he has before he asks Cooper for anything
2. I think you are going to see Ludwinsksi at least get a chance to show what he has at the AHL level. Then the Hawks are going to have to make a decision stay in the A go to Indy for a few games or send him back.

Once those questions get answered then they will know the holes that are the most important to fill.

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
I've seen a bunch of people here say that the Fronts are waiting to see if Ludwinski is back this year before making any decisions - I don't see a world that it makes sense for him to come back. Just because he had no points in his 5 game AHL stint at the end of last year doesn't mean he can't hang and will return.

If I'm the GM I'm expecting that he's not back, and if he is - then you have an extra OA that you can move for assets.

For the Fronts' sake I hope he is back but I just can't see it - if I'm wrong I'm wrong and I'll own it but to me it doesn't make sense

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
I've seen a bunch of people here say that the Fronts are waiting to see if Ludwinski is back this year before making any decisions - I don't see a world that it makes sense for him to come back. Just because he had no points in his 5 game AHL stint at the end of last year doesn't mean he can't hang and will return.

If I'm the GM I'm expecting that he's not back, and if he is - then you have an extra OA that you can move for assets.

For the Fronts' sake I hope he is back but I just can't see it - if I'm wrong I'm wrong and I'll own it but to me it doesn't make sense
They are not waiting on Ludwinski for any moves. -They don't expect him back and were told he is not returning.
It would be a pleasant unexpected surprise if he does return.

They are waiting on to see if Wakely makes Bakersfield. -If he doesn't expect him to be wearing a Fronts jersey in the next couple months.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
They are not waiting on Ludwinski for any moves. -They don't expect him back and were told he is not returning.
It would be a pleasant unexpected surprise if he does return.

They are waiting on to see if Wakely makes Bakersfield. -If he doesn't expect him to be wearing a Fronts jersey in the next couple months.
I agree that the chances of Ludwinski coming back are slim. What I was saying, though, is that they are not going to make any huge moves because they are going to see what comes out for the first month.

We can say they need an OA D and a number 1 center, but which is more needed and which is going to have the most impact?

The other thing that has not been mentioned is what will happen with Pienimi. Is he going to get AHL time to see if he can stick there?

I am not saying he will but if he plays like he might show enough for them to keep him around for a few games before he comes back.

PuckLucker

Feb 18, 2024
Why is there any speculation on Ludwinski returning?

Because he didn't put up points last year in those 5 games with Rockford? He is not an offense first player by any means and took 4 shots on net in the AHL.

Last season for the Fronts he played a boatload of minutes but he's not the type of player that should be expected to produce points - that's not his skillset, his game is about his motor and skating speed.

Read the comment, which describes his game perfectly. He doesn't have silky mitts or a scorers touch, I'm not sure I've watched him deke a goalie before - he always shoots.

Recapping the Blackhawks’ games at the Tom Kurvers Prospect Showcase

Attachments

• Ludwinski.JPG
    Ludwinski.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 0

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
I agree that the chances of Ludwinski coming back are slim. What I was saying, though, is that they are not going to make any huge moves because they are going to see what comes out for the first month.

We can say they need an OA D and a number 1 center, but which is more needed and which is going to have the most impact?

The other thing that has not been mentioned is what will happen with Pienimi. Is he going to get AHL time to see if he can stick there?

I am not saying he will but if he plays like he might show enough for them to keep him around for a few games before he comes back.
The wont be adding a OA D unless Wakely falls through.
Guindon is perfectly capable of being a 1C either way.
Emil has already been committed to Kingston by Dubas for this season.
He's not psychically strong enough for AHL right now. Needs to put on some muscle.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Personally, I do not think you are going to see any big/important trades by the Fronts until at least the end of October unless someone offers that dealyou cannot refuse.

2 reasons
1 Mann wants to get players playing and see what he has before he asks Cooper for anything
2. I think you are going to see Ludwinsksi at least get a chance to show what he has at the AHL level. Then the Hawks are going to have to make a decision stay in the A go to Indy for a few games or send him back.

Once those questions get answered then they will know the holes that are the most important to fill.

I think the focus will be on adding an OA. IT will depend mostly on whether one that services the Fronts needs becomes available or not.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
I think the focus will be on adding an OA. IT will depend mostly on whether one that services the Fronts needs becomes available or not.
Agreed, but first and foremost, the need must be determined. I have read that they need a 1C, and I have heard they need an OA D.

While yes, there are 17 D in the Pens camp, and he has a contract to report to Kingston if he does not make the AHL team. That is still a big if. I would think that unless he is really bad they will at least give him a couple of games at the AHL. The outcome could be that they lose him to the A in which case there will be 2 holes to fill LD and a Euro spot.

I just have a feeling that they will stand pat to start the season see how the team goes and what they need. Do they need scoring do they need a faceoff spec or do they need a D to help Burns and Pie.

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
Agreed, but first and foremost, the need must be determined. I have read that they need a 1C, and I have heard they need an OA D.

While yes, there are 17 D in the Pens camp, and he has a contract to report to Kingston if he does not make the AHL team. That is still a big if. I would think that unless he is really bad they will at least give him a couple of games at the AHL. The outcome could be that they lose him to the A in which case there will be 2 holes to fill LD and a Euro spot.

I just have a feeling that they will stand pat to start the season see how the team goes and what they need. Do they need scoring do they need a faceoff spec or do they need a D to help Burns and Pie.
They need a whole 2nd D pairing right now. -I have been saying this since June.
Uens and McGowan cannot be the 2nd D pairing if you want to contend with the Barrie, Brantford, Brampton, Oshawa.
If they do successfully acquire wakely you now have a pretty nasty group of middle forwards with Wakely, Guindon, Hopkins, Mcnamara.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad