Kingston Frontenacs 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 3)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
We will know on Canada Day.
Best case is

Pieniniemi Chromiak
McGowan Uens
Burns Williamson
Budnick Moore
SchneiderTurnbull
Veillaris

The problem is that next year, you only have

McGowan(OA) Uens (OA)
Schneider(OA) Williamson
Veillaris Moore
Turnbull

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
Best case is

Pieniniemi Chromiak
McGowan Uens
Burns Williamson
Budnick Moore
SchneiderTurnbull
Veillaris

McGowan(OA) Uens (OA)
Schneider(OA) Williamson
Veillaris Moore
Turnbull
What??? Budnick and Schneider were both traded away before Christmas last year.

I don't expect Chromiak back - any player that gets scratched down the stretch usually isn't worth using a "premium" spot (OA/Import) on.

The other thing is - not every team is going to have exactly 3 LD and 3 RD. You have to have players that are willing and able to play their off-hand. At the start of the year last year they only had one RD (Uens). Should they try and balance out? Of course - but you can't only look at handedness, you have to look at quality of player too. I'm not playing a bad RD over a solid LD just because he shoots right.

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
Best case is

Pieniniemi Chromiak
McGowan Uens
Burns Williamson
Budnick Moore
SchneiderTurnbull
Veillaris

McGowan(OA) Uens (OA)
Schneider(OA) Williamson
Veillaris Moore
Turnbull
That is no where close to the best case and a very poorly assembled list.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
What??? Budnick and Schneider were both traded away before Christmas last year.

I don't expect Chromiak back - any player that gets scratched down the stretch usually isn't worth using a "premium" spot (OA/Import) on.

The other thing is - not every team is going to have exactly 3 LD and 3 RD. You have to have players that are willing and able to play their off-hand. At the start of the year last year they only had one RD (Uens). Should they try and balance out? Of course - but you can't only look at handedness, you have to look at quality of player too. I'm not playing a bad RD over a solid LD just because he shoots right.
My apologies they still show up on the OHL site as playing in Kingston. God I wish they could get things straight.

I agree that Chromiak should not make it, but HEY, this is Kingston. LOL

The challenge is that unless Uens ups his game you really do not have a returning RHD that you could count on.

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
My apologies they still show up on the OHL site as playing in Kingston. God I wish they could get things straight.

The challenge is that unless Uens ups his game you really do not have a returning RHD that you could count on.
With Uens it comes down to how he's used - he's got the classic undersized feisty mentality but he needs to be paired with someone with size so that he doesn't get beat down low. In terms of pure size Velliaris has the frame and from what I saw last year he doesn't shy away from the physicality - but with how much Mann seems to like Uens I think that'd be a bit much in terms of a step up ice time-wise for Velliaris at this point.

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023

use this and remove OA players
Its the most accurate current view of the team as it was the playoff roster.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Best case is

Pieniniemi Chromiak
McGowan Uens
Burns Williamson
Budnick Moore
SchneiderTurnbull
Veillaris
Burns is not gonna be third line beast lol. Chromiak may not even be back.

Budnick has been off the team since I believe October of this past season LOL (Guelph)

Schneider has been off since I believe November (sarnia)

Reactions: Section5Petes

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
It was confirmed to me by someone directly involved.
After the season he had I believe it’s definitely possible. But like everything I’ll believe it when I see it. For all I know Chromiak Poole and Heyes will all be back lol. Hoping none are but I’ll believe they’re gone when I don’t see them on the training camp roster

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
After the season he had I believe it’s definitely possible. But like everything I’ll believe it when I see it. For all I know Chromiak Poole and Heyes will all be back lol. Hoping none are but I’ll believe they’re gone when I don’t see them on the training camp roster
Wouldn't count on the 2 OA'S being back.
Poole has taken 10 to many head shots.
Heyes just isn't good enough to carry at 20.

Reactions: frontsfan67

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
They need the picks to build a winning team.
This may be more of a case of trading the dad then the player.
Yeah that’s what I thought of right away. Any idea what the conditional second is? Is it if he returns for an OA season? With him being so small I think that’s almost certain

I wonder if any other 05’s are moved. I assume they’ll move 1 more to make some room for next year

GoFronts

Sep 2, 2019
Incredible return for Thibodeau. I've also heard stories about his dad being a pain/too involved. Press release said Cooper is looking to use those picks to find the right players so I'd expect more moves in this window for sure.

Also, Pieniniemi is 99.9% coming. Virtual lock.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Incredible return for Thibodeau. I've also heard stories about his dad being a pain/too involved. Press release said Cooper is looking to use those picks to find the right players so I'd expect more moves in this window for sure.

That’s what I thought. Use those picks to help flip for some OA’s.

Great news about Pieniniemi he will be a great add to our d core. Helps that he is a RHD as well. Wonder what they do with our first round import pick. And I wonder if they pick a 2nd round flyer for next year when Pieniniemi is gone.

I assume they pick up an OA RHD, and an OA LW for sure. (2/3)

Not sure what they do with goaltending. Could pick one in the import draft or get an OA goalie like Sztuska and have him and vaccari play half and half.

Not all these trades will be made in the next few months just I expect them to fill some of these by Jan 10th

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
They need the picks to build a winning team.
This may be more of a case of trading the dad then the player.
100% agree, FLint can deal with him (the Dad) now. Tibs will get 65-70 points, but stay away from corners and make the same amount of giveaways as he did here.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013

Mann put his mark on the team. Be interesting to see how flint does

Reactions: frontsfan67

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
I think they have gotten a lot better today but I do also think they’ve wasted a lot of those picks. I like Thibodeau but never would’ve thought of him going for 7 picks. With him gone I wonder who moved up in depth chart. He was probably going to be a first/second liner.

Hopefully Hopkins plays more that would be my vote.

GoFronts

Sep 2, 2019
This is exactly why I wish they got rid of Caputi in the offseason last year. Having a coach for a full training camp and being able to make adjustments to the roster based on the way he coaches and sees the game would have been a million times better than sticking with Caputi for about a month just to pull the chute.

Fully expect Mann to put his stamp on the team this offseason. My gut feeling is telling me this is just the start of the roster reconstruction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad