Kingston Frontenacs 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 3)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
probably a lot of OA LD available, but I think a 6th for VanVliet is way off.
There is going to be a flood of OA LHD . Ottawa has 3, and I know there are others on other teams. LHD is going to be a buyer's market at the start of the year.
I agree. No matter what happens they can’t have him back again. I think they release him as OHL gms should he smart enough to realize the situation and not give Kingston anything to work with- resulting in Kingston releasing him and some team snagging him for free in the draft as a re entry

Beast I don’t know if you saw the messages above but they might be thinking of bringing hemstrom back as an OA/import. I’m not sure if I believe that- I’ll believe it when I see it but I would be open to that move. Solve the winger problem and you get a great locker room guy back for another year- and a big part of the team.

Consider that if you are building your team for a run then you have just eliminated getting anyone good to agree to come to Canada and play for the Fronts.

consider this conversation with an agent.
AGENT I hear you are keeping Hemmstrom this year and are expecting Pienemmi to report to Kington after the Pens rookie camp. What guarantee does my client have that he will stay with the team and will develop? Most importantly, why are we even talking? Sorry, I think we will talk to other OHL teams. Good Luck
I think he’s gonna be great. Just don’t know if it will be with us. We may load up this year and he gets left on the third d line as an 18 year old. Not great for his development and in that case I wouldn’t be surprised to see him ask for a trade to a team where he can play(and trade inevitably backfires on Kingston like Ethan Ritchie one)
Getting rid of Wiliamson would be a huge mistake, He should get lots of minutes as a natural RHD ion a team that has only Uens. He has the size that he should be at least the 2nd pairing D unless Mann is going to go with Chromiak and Uens

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
What do you think vanvliets value is then?? He’s definitely far from an impact d. Maybe the 4th, 5th or 6th best d on a contender
Though VanVliet would be better in a 2nd pair role than what some teams will end up going with, the OA market could be saturated; particularly the positions of LD, G, and LW. So it is entirely possible that only Mathurin and DeAngelis are sought after OA LD, and VanVliet kept because the wolves cannot get fair value.
He would be first pair for the bulldogs but he cannot be traded there.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
There is going to be a flood of OA LHD . Ottawa has 3, and I know there are others on other teams. LHD is going to be a buyer's market at the start of the year.
Agree.
Consider that if you are building your team for a run then you have just eliminated getting anyone good to agree to come to Canada and play for the Fronts.

AGENT I hear you are keeping Hemmstrom this year and are expecting Pienemmi to report to Kington after the Pens rookie camp. What guarantee does my client have that he will stay with the team and will develop? Most importantly, why are we even talking? Sorry, I think we will talk to other OHL teams. Good Luck
What? Only Chromiak would count against the two imports Kingston can protect.
Kingston can choose to have Pienineimi, protect both Hemstrom and Chromiak, and take a swing at an impact import in the draft.
Getting rid of Wiliamson would be a huge mistake, He should get lots of minutes as a natural RHD ion a team that has only Uens. He has the size that he should be at least the 2nd pairing D unless Mann is going to go with Chromiak and Uens

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Agree.

What? Only Chromiak would count against the two imports Kingston can protect.
Kingston can choose to have Pienineimi, protect both Hemstrom and Chromiak, and take a swing at an impact import in the draft.
Chromiak and Hemstrom are both undrafted therefore, there is no NHL camp protection.
Therefore, Kingston does not have an open slot to draft into.

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023

Imports come to Canada to have a better chance at going Pro.
It has nothing to do with staying in Kingston. -They have no attachment to the city.
Kids from Europe don't dream about playing for the Kingston Frontenac's they dream about coming to Canada to get their best shot at making it and with that there is risk involved.
I doubt Williamson is going anywhere.
Chromiak is completely expendable right now they are likely hoping for a summer trade to at least get an asset back.

Since when? Sorry, but I( need a source on that statement.

It has always been believed that an import OA fills 2 slots on the team.
The rule is 2 max imports at roster lock deadline

Reactions: frontsfan67

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
Just to clarify - this counts towards how many they can have on their list, but come season time they can only have 2 dressed, right?

Reactions: dirty12

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
It has always been believed that an import OA fills 2 slots on the team.
An import OA counts as both an OA and an Import. That is true.

But when drafting at the import draft, you can protect an import OA without it counting as one of your 2 protected imports.

Just to clarify - this counts towards how many they can have on their list, but come season time they can only have 2 dressed, right?
Come season time they can only have 2 rostered. If a 3rd is sent, they have only a short period of time to sort it out through trade or waiver.

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
An import OA counts as both an OA and an Import. That is true.

But when drafting at the import draft, you can protect an import OA without it counting as one of your 2 protected imports.

Come season time they can only have 2 rostered. If a 3rd is sent, they have only a short period of time to sort it out through trade or waiver.
Protected import is the term I was looking for - so hypothetically the Fronts could have 4 on their protected list - Hemstrom (OA), Pieniniemi (NHL Signed), Chromiak, and 2024 pick?

I think it's a week when a new Import comes over? That sounds familiar from when Sudbury was looking to move Chromiak because Dvorsky came over

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Protected import is the term I was looking for - so hypothetically the Fronts could have 4 on their protected list - Hemstrom (OA), Pieniniemi (NHL Signed), Chromiak, and 2024 pick?

I think it's a week when a new Import comes over? That sounds familiar from when Sudbury was looking to move Chromiak because Dvorsky came over7
pretty sure it is 14 days, it took nearly all of that for SBY & KGN to make a deal for Chromiak

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Though VanVliet would be better in a 2nd pair role than what some teams will end up going with, the OA market could be saturated; particularly the positions of LD, G, and LW. So it is entirely possible that only Mathurin and DeAngelis are sought after OA LD, and VanVliet kept because the wolves cannot get fair value.
He would be first pair for the bulldogs but he cannot be traded there.
Bulldogs will get an impact OA d man with all their picks and they have 2 import picks. They’re not thinking about bringing in an OA d man for depth. No contending team is. Maybe a young team like Niagara, Peterborough or sarnia takes a chance on him

• Haha
Reactions: dirty12

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
14 days sounds right. London <-> Flint was also a long time when Kolyachonok moved.
ya its two weeks.

I think it's a week when a new Import comes over? That sounds familiar from when Sudbury was looking to move Chromiak because Dvorsky came over
if pieninemi is signed then they have a spot open and dont have to release him. i think they are looking to move chromiak

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
ya its two weeks.

if pieninemi is signed then they have a spot open and dont have to release him. i think they are looking to move chromiak
Any idea if Brantford or Sudbury is looking at him? They don’t have any imports as of now

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Soo also does not have any imports.
How’s your defence? Chromiak isn’t horrible but really needs to work on defensive side of the puck. Offensively I could see him breaking out a bit with more of a chance then we have given him

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
It would depend on the price I think. This is not a go for it year so trading for a 19 year old defenseman is not at the top of our list of things to do I hope. However, there is value in shoring up the defense if it can be done on the cheap. It's unlikely that we would hit on both import picks at the draft, so it would at least be something I would contemplate if the price was right.

Reactions: frontsfan67

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Bulldogs will get an impact OA d man with all their picks and they have 2 import picks. They’re not thinking about bringing in an OA d man for depth. No contending team is. Maybe a young team like Niagara, Peterborough or sarnia takes a chance on him
Petes would be a good fit

Reactions: Section5Petes

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
It would depend on the price I think. This is not a go for it year so trading for a 19 year old defenseman is not at the top of our list of things to do I hope. However, there is value in shoring up the defense if it can be done on the cheap. It's unlikely that we would hit on both import picks at the draft, so it would at least be something I would contemplate if the price was right.
definitely think it wouldn’t be for much. Don’t even think they’d get a second rounder for him. Maybe a 4th and a 5th lol

Reactions: HockeyPops
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad