Kingston Frontenacs 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 3)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
definitely think it wouldn’t be for much. Don’t even think they’d get a second rounder for him. Maybe a 4th and a 5th lol
Noah Van Vliet is likely worth a 4th and maybe a 5th or a 6th. In 2019 the Petes gave up a 4th for Hudson Wilson who is similar type player.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
I don't think Sudbury can trade for him - I believe it has to be 13 months after the trade to Kingston - not sure if that applies to imports too
Brantford is looking at making a push this season, so I am sure they're looking for better than Chromiak. They would also be a team that an aspiring Euro would not mind playing for.

MY QUESTION IS STILL STANDS.

What kid with NHL dreams wants to be drafted and signed by a team that has already stated that it has 2 players who will report?

I can see possibly 1 kid but there is no way you are going to get a second pick to report

Noah Van Vliet is likely worth a 4th and maybe a 5th or a 6th. In 2019 the Petes gave up a 4th for Hudson Wilson who is similar type player.
The challenge is that there is a glut of OA LHD available right now and that it is not going to be a seller's market but a buyer's market.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Brantford is looking at making a push this season, so I am sure they're looking for better than Chromiak. They would also be a team that an aspiring Euro would not mind playing for.

MY QUESTION IS STILL STANDS.

What kid with NHL dreams wants to be drafted and signed by a team that has already stated that it has 2 players who will report?

I can see possibly 1 kid but there is no way you are going to get a second pick to report

The challenge is that there is a glut of OA LHD available right now and that it is not going to be a seller's market but a buyer's market.
A 4th might be too much for Van Viet. A 5th may be all Sudbury can get for him.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
They may get Adam jiracek.

All they have to do is draft a goalie and then use the rest of their picks to build the rest of the roster. They’re going to be good if they get him. Before injury he was in talks to go first round. Not sure what happens now

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Unsure if this has been asked but what happens if Kingston gets pieniniemi to come, trades Chromiak or releases him, and hemstrom makes the decision to come back. Are they still able to make a draft pick with their first rounder since pieniniemi is NHL affiliated?

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Talk about people embarrassing themselves. I just listened to a podcast with 3 experienced hockey reporters and then gave credit for Sam Benetts Junior development to Doug Gilmour. Forget the fact that what he learned he got from Todd Gill

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Believe the NHL combine is done

Battaglia: 6’0.50, 202lbs

19th in aerobic fitness test duration

7th in v02max

24th in wing span

11th in left hand grip

18th in right hand grip

Frasca: N/A

23rd in left hand grip

Pretty good showing by Battaglia. Thought Frasca would do better

Last edited:
Reactions: Section5Petes

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
IMG_9699.png
Anyone have an idea where Matthew manza is playing for the 2024/2025 season? Hopefully he is considering the fronts

Reactions: Section5Petes

GoFronts

Sep 2, 2019
The guy I'd be watching out for is Kieren Dervin. Apparently a few prospects committed elsewhere have been circling back to Kingston after Mann signed an extension. Wouldn't be shocked to see him come now if there's a spot for him.

• Wow
Reactions: frontsfan67

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Looks to be chilliwack chiefs in the BCHL, he's been wearing their gear while training on ice. Can be seen in various clips on Instagram
Wow the same place as malholtra. Unreal

The guy I'd be watching out for is Kieren Dervin. Apparently a few prospects committed elsewhere have been circling back to Kingston after Mann signed an extension. Wouldn't be shocked to see him come now if there's a spot for him.
Assuming malholtra doesn’t come- that would be his spot I assume. Looking at the 3 of dervin, manza and luciano really hoping one of them commits.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
IMG_0012.png

Big fan of those stats. He isn’t sure or hasn’t announced where he is playing the next 2 years the fronts have to get this guy. Any idea if he was at rookie camp?

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Fronts Projected roster

Forwards:

Miedema Frasca Battaglia

2 Hemstrom Hopkins Soto

3 Shewfelt Dervin Weir (all 2007 LOL)

4 Buttar Cavallin Puhl (6’3 208 need size)

Defence:

Burns | OA

2 Pieniniemi | Williamson

3 Velliaris | McGowan/Uens

Goalies

- Vaccari

2- Salajko/OA

(Betts league below for the year)

Trades to be made:

McNamara- (if they get Dervin to come he won’t want to be 4th line.)
this move makes them go younger and they can trade McNamara for picks like Thibodeau to help deal with 05 problem following season.

McGowan/Uens- one of them will be left without a roster spot. I would pick McGowan to keep but we know how much Mann likes Uens.

Last edited:

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Fronts Projected roster

Forwards:

Miedema Frasca Battaglia

2 Hemstrom Hopkins Soto

Defence:

Burns | OA

Goalies

- Vaccari

2- Salajko/OA

Trades to be made:

this move makes them go younger and they can trade McNamara for picks like Thibodeau to help deal with 05 problem following season.

McGowan/Uens- one of them will be left without a roster spot. I would pick McGowan to keep but we know how much Mann likes Uens.
LOL don't know if you are old enough but there was a band in the mid 70's that wrote your song. T
Dervin has committed to Providence. There is no way he is going to give that up unless Kingston guaranatees him a partial 4 year uiversity ride.

Pienimini is interesting as he is not a highly ranked prospect by the media and is at best a shut down defenceman

Hemstron why is a kid that is not drafted going to come here and play JR hockey for peanuts when he can play pro in Sweden

Not sure if you re old enough but there was a rock band tht sang your anthem LOL

• Haha
Reactions: FrontalLobe

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
Fronts Projected roster

Forwards:

Miedema Frasca Battaglia

2 Hemstrom Hopkins Soto

Defence:

Burns | OA

Goalies

- Vaccari

2- Salajko/OA

Trades to be made:

That forward group does not inspire any confidence that this is a legit go for it year at all.....

IF Dervin comes, I think you slot him in at 3C with Weir - but I think it's more likely they keep McNamara as 3LW. I'm not sure how convinced I am Shewfelt is going to make it - I don't know anything about him but there's not a lot of U18 draftees that immediately slot in as a 3rd liner.

Puhl has the size they need but I have major doubts that someone with only a 0.6 PPG in U18 will be able to make the leap to the OHL.

I think they go with Salajko as back up (a little scary) and then use the last OA spot on a forward.

Reactions: dirty12

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Fronts Projected roster

Forwards:

Miedema Frasca Battaglia

2 Hemstrom Hopkins Soto

Defence:

Burns | OA

Goalies

- Vaccari

2- Salajko/OA

Trades to be made:

Decent enough D imo, an 11-7 line up with what you have shown seems appropriate. Uens top four, then Vellaris-McGowan-Williamson 5-6-7.
But McNamara on 3rd line and an OA centre is probably more likely. I view Frasca/Battaglia as a good LW/RW for this season honestly. I’m not sure if Frasca is any of strong enough, fast enough, defensive enough for top six centre right now.

Last edited:

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
Most reputable prospect rankings have Emil Pieniniemi have him in the Pens top 10 prospects organizationally speaking.
He didn't look out of place playing against grown men in Lilga last season where the average age is 25.
He should be an elite Dman in the OHL against teenagers.

1718034290605.png

FrontalLobe

Feb 23, 2023
Fronts Projected roster

Forwards:

Miedema Frasca Battaglia

2 Hemstrom Hopkins Soto

Defence:

Burns | OA

Goalies

- Vaccari

2- Salajko/OA

Trades to be made:

LOL. Give your fingers a rest for a few months. You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about. I just took a pic of your post for easy reference in the fall so we can revisit and laugh at how far off you are with your predictions.

FrontalLobe

Feb 23, 2023
Been awhile for me. People keep saying there is s need to fill holes on D. I think the glaring issue is on fwd. That group listed there is as soft as butter. Other than Heyes there is no grit or toughness at all up front. Also feel that at least one (maybe more) of three guys you have listed there in the top six will be moved in the off season, and people might be surprised as to who they are. I think you will see some big changes coming. Mann is going to put his stamp on this team moving forward. If you are not willing to pay the price to make a play or whine about ice time and line demotions, see ya!
Just a reminder that I posted this on May 17. Thibodeau has since been moved. I believe my statement in there;

"Also feel that at least one (maybe more) of three guys you have listed there in the top six will be moved in the off season, and people might be surprised as to who they are."

is just as true today as it was then, and one or two more are yet to be moved and could very well be players that frontsfan67 have listed on his top line.

There is no way the lineup you posted is anywhere near accurate. That line up is not making the playoffs. Stay tuned for moves to be made...

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
Just a reminder that I posted this on May 17. Thibodeau has since been moved. I believe my statement in there;

"Also feel that at least one (maybe more) of three guys you have listed there in the top six will be moved in the off season, and people might be surprised as to who they are."

is just as true today as it was then, and one or two more are yet to be moved and could very well be players that frontsfan67 have listed on his top line.

There is no way the lineup you posted is anywhere near accurate. That line up is not making the playoffs. Stay tuned for moves to be made...
Things change by the day in the off season.
In terms of what we know now its probably not far off what it would look like if the season started today.
With that said expect it to be a busy off season.
There is no doubt they need to strengthen the back end if they are rolling with those 2 goalies again.
You also better have some very good back checking forward groups.

Last edited:

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

Kingston does not need to do anything to make the playoffs. The Petes are a certainty to miss imo. The ‘67s probably need a re-tool, NB definitely re-tools, Niagara is a bit young at D and top forwards a bit small overall, Brantford does not really have any top 3 D or starting goaltender, can’t say for sure who returns for the wolves, …

Last edited:

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Most reputable prospect rankings have Emil Pieniniemi have him in the Pens top 10 prospects organizationally speaking.
He didn't look out of place playing against grown men in Lilga last season where the average age is 25.
He should be an elite Dman in the OHL against teenagers.

View attachment 881170
If he did not look out of place as a rookie in Liga he may make the AHL team. That said why if you want him to develop would you move him from playing against men to playing against teens.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
LOL don't know if you are old enough but there was a band in the mid 70's that wrote your song. T
Dervin has committed to Providence. There is no way he is going to give that up unless Kingston guaranatees him a partial 4 year uiversity ride.
Kieran Dervin is committed to Penn state for 2026/2027. You can see this if you open up his elite prospects profile. So as I was saying his next 2 years are up in question. Yes I’m sure they’d give him a 4 year university ride if he came.
Pienimini is interesting as he is not a highly ranked prospect by the media and is at best a shut down defenceman
That’s perfectly fine with me. We will take the NHL drafted shut down d man
Hemstron why is a kid that is not drafted going to come here and play JR hockey for peanuts when he can play pro in Sweden
People here think he’s back. I’m not one of them just following the crowd lol. I haven’t had inside knowledge since the season ended so I’m going off what a few people said. They could be wrong or could be right- regardless it’s a prediction and I’m sure things change as they always do.

Reactions: dirty12
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad