LeBrun: Kings want 1st-round pick, prospect for Muzzin

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Muzzin has 1yr after this one.

Unless he signs with a guaranteed deal sorted, I wouldn't give up a 1st and decent prospect.

Asset management is key for Toronto.

Totally understandable.

On the flip side, those sorts of trades are made every deadline--have to pay to play. But I totally get having one eye on the future, it's a balancing act asking if it's worth it.

Pietro is a great defenseman Im not saying otherwise, but your request was the equivalent of three first round picks, a second, and two b prospects. Find me a player who has been traded for that amount of loot in the salary cap era.

McDonagh (and JT Miller) returned a 1st, 2nd, Namestnikov (1st), Howden 1st), Hajek (2nd).

JT Miller was obviously also included but Pietro > McDonagh and that trade involved the equivalent of three firsts and 2 seconds and some here are saying the Rangers were fleeced.

As mentioned because of Miller it's not apples-to-apples but it's in the same neighborhood.

Reactions: crassbonanza

GBLeaf

Feb 13, 2014
England, GB.
Totally understandable.

On the flip side, those sorts of trades are made every deadline--have to pay to play. But I totally get having one eye on the future, it's a balancing act asking if it's worth it.

Yeah I totally get that.

I wouldn't be against paying more if he was locked up for longer (as an armchair GM).

Just the risk of him demanding big money or testing the free market at the end of his deal, for assets Toronto needs (cheap talent building their own value).

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

MartinS82

May 26, 2016
I think the Kings should focus more on prospects/young NHLers then picks. If you are going for picks might as well tear it all down, otherwise try to load up with some younger players and compete again in a few years with Kopitar and Doughty.

Insist on a top level prospect or young players and be more flexible with the pick (Something like Kapenan or Lilegren + 2nd. )

Reactions: go4hockey

member 290103

Could probably pry out a Jett Woo and a late round pick out of Vancouver.

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
Flyers acquire a 1st in a Simmonds trade.

To LA: acquired 1st rd pick, Vorobyev and Kase
To Phila: Muzzin

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Pens would likely rather have Martinez than Muzzin. Pens also can't do this without sending salary the other way. At the very leat Oleksiak goes the other way, or more realistically Maatta. Im not giving up Maatta and a 1st for Martinez though. Would do Maatta and a 2nd.

I wouldn’t take Maatta as part of the deal. Have no interest in him at all.

Reactions: kingsofLA

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Could probably pry out a Jett Woo and a late round pick out of Vancouver.

He's our only RHD prospect. I'm not complaining about value (versus the asking price that'd be a win for us) but our depth is Tanev, Stecher, Gud, Biega and literally nothing.

Can we interest you in a higher pick and former first round pick Derrick Pouliot though?:naughty:

McNurse

Sep 2, 2015
This really doesn’t seem like a surprise to me, Muzzin is good so expecting what is asked isn’t to farfechted

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Isles could use an upgrade on the left side. Does a combination of two from this list get it done?

Isles 1st rounder, Adam Pelech, Josh Ho-Sang

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
2019 top 5 protected first that could become the 2020 1st plus Evan Bouchard from the 2018 1st round would be a good starting ask from Edmonton.

Reactions: go4hockey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad