LeBrun: Kings want 1st-round pick, prospect for Muzzin

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The king fans didn't come to the leafs fans wanting to unload Muzzin. It was a leaf fan that come to us kings fans with the offers. If the package we are asking isn't met we are fine hanging on to him till the draft or wait till next year. So u try a find a top 4 defense man with his ability elsewhere Have a nice day

No one came to anyone. It’s a discussion about a player who may be available.

Deuce Awesome

Feb 23, 2010
The king fans didn't come to the leafs fans wanting to unload Muzzin. It was a leaf fan that come to us kings fans with the offers. If the package we are asking isn't met we are fine hanging on to him till the draft or wait till next year. So u try a find a top 4 defense man with his ability elsewhere Have a nice day

OK, so its Lebrun, not a Leafs fan, who makes the claim, and also the asking price.

So the asking price is repeatedly "met", with different variations, and a couple posters are all like "rah no we want more"

Kind of odd.

member 88115

OK, so its Lebrun, not a Leafs fan, who makes the claim, and also the asking price.

So the asking price is repeatedly "met", with different variations, and a couple posters are all like "rah no we want more"

Kind of odd.
I don't see any poster asking for 3, 1st rounders. Kinda weird folks have to lie to themselves so they can feel correct.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles

Kind of odd.
Not really. The ask is a 1st and a prospect but the prospect that Leafs fans are offering doesnt move the needle for Kings fans. Is it the same as the ask? Yes. But it's the hangup on the level of prospect.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
A lot of Habs fans prefer not to do this but how does this sound for the Kings?

- One of (Ylonen, Juulsen, or Fleury)
- Two 2019 2nd round picks?

I like the Habs adding Muzzin and I feel the 1st and prospect is a fair ask. Habs can't trade our 1st so I offer two 2nd's. Difference is a late first (25 ish range) vs two 2nd's (50 ish range). I provided three options to choose from with prospects.

If the offer does not have a 1st I would look elsewhere for the Kings.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If the offer does not have a 1st I would look elsewhere for the Kings.

Not sure the Kings get both a grade A prospect and a 1st but if you do, it's awesome for the Kings. Circle back to the Habs when you have what you think is your best offer and we will see if we want to beat it. Habs also wanted a 1st with Patch and we didn't get it. We settled on Suzuki and a 2nd instead and we got Tatar with retention cause he was not trending well. We got really lucky and remember, that was sign and trade value.

Curious, what is the best offer so far that you have seen from other teams?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
then why is he in the AHL?

He got two pucks to his face in the same game right before Weber came back and was out for a bit. We have Weber and Petry on the right side and we want Juulsen playing more minutes in the AHL vs 3rd line minutes in the NHL. Benn has been great in the 3rd RD spot.

Juulsen is a shot blocker, plays physical, Has solid mobility, and moves the puck well. Just don't expect 25+ of pts from him. That's not his game.

Reactions: YP44

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
He got two pucks to his face in the same game right before Weber came back and was out for a bit. We have Weber and Petry on the right side and we want Juulsen playing more minutes in the AHL vs 3rd line minutes in the NHL. Benn has been great in the 3rd RD spot.

Juulsen is a shot blocker, plays physical, Has solid mobility, and moves the puck well. Just don't expect 25+ of pts from him. That's not his game.

Thank you for the reason. I would still list him as a prospect however if the only reason he is not in the NHL is to ensure he is playing max minutes than he is the exact type of player LA should be targeting

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
What would the Kings want... Pick one between Ylonen, Juulsen, and Fleury. We can argue about the 1st or two 2nd's but lets focus on the prospect first. Who are you higher on between Ylonen, Juulsen or Fleury? Does Lindgren or Evans provide any interest?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Thank you for the reason. I would still list him as a prospect however if the only reason he is not in the NHL is to ensure he is playing max minutes than he is the exact type of player LA should be targeting

Like any defenseman Juulsen's age, he is fighting consistency issues. From the beginning of the year to when he got two pucks to the face he was our best Dman behind Petry. When Juulsen went down with an injury and before Weber came back, the Habs had Petry and a bunch of bottom pairing guys for a few games... Price was exposed and go look at the goals allowed in that span. Without Juulsen on the RD side and with only Petry as a top 4D talent, we looked very bad.

Juulsen is only appreciated by GM's and Scouts who look past offensive output. His value is shut down D type. If you don't want this type, then we can respect that. Another option is Ylonen. Speedy forward with some size and goal scoring ability. Just depends on what kind of prospect you are looking for. I know Suzuki, Romanov, Poehling, Brook are attractive but show me another team that is offering you this for 1.5 years of Muzzin with the hope he re-signs. If you can get that return from another team, I'll be happy for you, it's not happening from the Habs. No disrespect intended. Not even Karlsson got a 1st and a top prospect trending like Suzuki, Romanov, Poehling, and Brook.

For the Record, I am a minority at offering Ylonen. Many Habs fans say no.

Last edited:

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
What would the Kings want... Pick one between Ylonen, Juulsen, and Fleury. We can argue about the 1st or two 2nd's but lets focus on the prospect first. Who are you higher on between Ylonen, Juulsen or Fleury? Does Lindgren or Evans provide any interest?
Definitely Ylonen, if I was Blake.

Btw Habs fans did not only want a 1st but Vilardi too, as icing on the cake.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
No one came to anyone. It’s a discussion about a player who may be available.
The poster I quoted was suggesting the kings get out of here with there ask like it was the kings demanding something. The Kings fans were not the one coming to the leafs with the ask . It was several Leaf fans coming to the kings with offers which the kings fans were countering. I am merely saying its the leafs coming to the kings with the offers not the other way around Post one was a post quoting Lebran on the kings ask for him. Leaf offer come in post 6 with other leaf fans chiming in even earlier. kings counter post 8 .

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can

Kind of odd.

You said we should get it somewhere else like we were the one starting the convo You don't like the price u can look elsewhere and the kings will be happy with there player.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
What kind of prospects are the Kings shooting for in addition to the 1st? Would a guy like Addison or Hallander fit the bill (2nd rounders in 2018 that are having strong seasons), or are they shooting higher?

I would definitely be okay with 1st + either of those from Pit.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Curious, what is the best offer so far that you have seen from other teams?

I like all of 1st + Ylonen OR Juulsen as well as 1st + Addison OR Hallander. Would also be okay with 1st + Liljegren.

If I were to rank them per package:
1st + Ylonen
1st + Juulsen
1st + Addison
1st + Liljegren
1st + Hallander

Any other offered packages I either overlooked, forgot, or didn't like.

Reactions: kingsofLA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad