LeBrun: Kings want 1st-round pick, prospect for Muzzin

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
If I'm Blake, and Toronto calls about Muzzin, I want their 1st, and Kapanen back...nothing else fits, we know TOR isn't gonna give up Lindegren or Sandin, not with their problems on the back end....they are gonna have to resign Kapanen, and that's gonna cost money, Somewhere between Kadri and Hyman money, plus they have to resign Dermot the year after......they won't have enough money to go around for everyone.

Reactions: go4hockey

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
A few Habs fans would be OK with... What are your thoughts?

- Juulsen or Fleury
- 2nd (Habs or Blue Jackets)
- Ikonen or some grade B piece (or Hudon if you value his ability)

This is the highest the Habs would go. If another team beats it easily, so be it. Kings get a better return.

Juulsen would be in the Top-6 if I was in charge of that team, so the offer would obviously be :

Fleury + 2nd + Ikonen

That is a FAR CRY from Poehling + 1st.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Juulsen would be in the Top-6 if I was in charge of that team, so the offer would obviously be :

Fleury + 2nd + Ikonen

That is a FAR CRY from Poehling + 1st.

They can ask. That is their right. All we can say is we are not interested in trading either our 1st or Poehling and we can offer other things. We offered what we offered if they don't like it, that is their choice.

I'd just like to see other teams trump our package. Some Leafs fans appear to be ok with Liljegren and the 1st. It trumps the Juulsen or Fleury, a 2nd, and a grade B piece no doubt. The 1st would be attractive to the Kings and is the difference maker. It's close though.

Liljegren vs Juulsen: Very close IMO. It's hard to evaluate Liljegren due to his recent injury in his draft plus 2 years of development. Many will throw Juulsen's value under the bus cause they don't know his shutdown ability and physical game. To be honest, I say Juulsen has better value than Fleury but it's early with Fleury. He's only in his 1st pro season.

1st > 2nd: No explanation required

??? vs Ikonen: Ikonen is going through tough times with an injury like Liljegren is going through. It's very tough to know how good or bad he is. He could end up being a middle 6 forward or a bust. That's how grade B prospects work.

Last edited:

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
If I'm Blake, and Toronto calls about Muzzin, I want their 1st, and Kapanen back...nothing else fits, we know TOR isn't gonna give up Lindegren or Sandin, not with their problems on the back end....they are gonna have to resign Kapanen, and that's gonna cost money, Somewhere between Kadri and Hyman money, plus they have to resign Dermot the year after......they won't have enough money to go around for everyone.

1) kappy is more valuable than muzzin
2) while an upgrade is always nice, the leafs don't have "problems on the back end".
3) it would actually make more sense to trade young D for a D upgrade than young F, anyways.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
2) while an upgrade is always nice, the leafs don't have "problems on the back end".
3) it would actually make more sense to trade young D for a D upgrade than young F, anyways.

Kappy is more valuable than Muzzin....you might be the only person who thinks that,

And the Leafs definitely have a problem on the back end....

Thanks for the humour though

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Ummm.....what?

Reactions: RocketKing

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Based on McDonaugh and Shattenkirk returns. The Kings should easily get someone to bite on a 1st and a good prospect for a player like Muzzin who is signed to a reasonably cheap contract until the end of the 2019-20 season.

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
Any contender can afford him now and next season which makes him extremely valuable. I have to think there will be a bidding war and if Blake can't get what he wants then he should keep him.

member 290103

You could probably pry Granlund and a fourth out of Vancouver. You get rid of an aging dman enabling a refresh on your blue line and add a young emerging 19 goal scoring Centre. Not sure Van would give you the fourth...maybe if you added a fifth?

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
If I'm Blake, and Toronto calls about Muzzin, I want their 1st, and Kapanen back..
i would not be interested to be honest. Late first and a player who is playing for an offensive juggernaut team.

With a bit of bad luck, Kings end up with nothing.

I would be looking for a deal with another team if I was Blake.

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
LOL I dunno man, the kid also thinks Kapanen is more valuable than Muzzin..... I think his view is a bit...skewed.

Kapanen is easily more valuable than Muzzin. Look at the contracts.

Muzzin is more likely to get an NHL-ready prospect playing in the AHL (Jeremy Bracco, Mason Marchment type).

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
i would not be interested to be honest. Late first and a player who is playing for an offensive juggernaut team.

With a bit of bad luck, Kings end up with nothing.

I would be looking for a deal with another team if I was Blake.

I would, Kapanen would be REALLY good with Kempe, even Leipsic.....yes Kapanen plays with an offensive juggernaut, but he was at one point, killing a lot of penalties as well...and Babcock wouldn't do that unless he trusted him defensively.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Shots Against Per Game

21.WSH 32.2
22.TBL 32.2
23.TOR 32.5
24.PIT 32.6
25.WPG 32.6

Save Percentage

2.WPG .916
6.TOR .913
7.TBL .912
9.PIT .910
12.WSH .907

Goals Against Per Game

6.WPG 2.74
8.TOR 2.83
9.TBL 2.85
14.PIT 2.93
19.WSH 3.00

what what?
Lol...advanced stats. tell me, what do the stats say about last night....Tampa pulls their goalie with about 3 minutes to go...we do not get out of our own zone for over 2 minutes with Tampa forwards looking like the Harlem Globetrotters of hockey and Andersen going full Godly Beast mode. It was a bloody shooting gallery.

The computer screen might say they are fine....the TV screen says something completely different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad