Prospect Info: Kings Prospects in the CHL/College Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter James Bond II

"Man, we were right there" - De-Luc-sional
Mar 5, 2015
any opinions here on Drake Rymsha? was great in the OHL, but didn't bite in the AHL so far ...

He's 26th on the prospect chart:
  1. Turcotte
  2. Kupari
  3. Vilardi
  4. Anderson Mikey
  5. Anderson-Dolan
  6. Petersen
  7. Clague
  8. Kaliyev
  9. Thomas
  10. Bjornfot
  11. Durzi
  12. Fagemo
  13. Dudas
  14. Phillips
  15. Hults
  16. Moverare
  17. Kehler
  18. Strand
  19. Lizotte
  20. Hrenak
  21. Shafigullin
  22. Sodergran
  23. Ingham
  24. Eyssimont
  25. Villalta
  26. Rymsha

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Making my own list as well; basically including anyone who's waiver exempt. Which is about 46 long.

I'm happy to say it's not an easy thing to do.

Peter James Bond II

"Man, we were right there" - De-Luc-sional
Mar 5, 2015
'awakening' to Sodergran requires me to redo this!! Lizotte moves up. And added Parik and Spence. Not ready to add Nousiainen, Braden Doyle Andre Lee yet. Will know in about 6 months from
now or so...I am sure I am off a little anyways. Never seen this much QUALITY ever, in the Kings pipeline. Guys at 10-12 now, were like the 2-4 slots of just a few years ago; and not overrating them either.
Sodergran can be anywhere from 6-12 I think and this year should be a big year for him. Putting Kupari over Turcotte, for that matter. Both elite prospects. Kupari can be a superstar....but if falls
a little short, he's going to be dynamic.

Kupari
Turcotte
Vilardi
Anderson Mikey
Anderson-Dolan
Petersen
Clague
Kaliyev
Sodergran
Thomas
Bjornfot
Durzi
Fagemo
Lizotte
Dudas
Parik
Phillips
Hults
Spence
Moverare
Kehler
Strand
Hrenak
Shafigullin
Ingham
Eyssimont
Villalta
Rymsha

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Yeah, I would put Kupari over Turcotte right now for sure. Kupari has possible first line potential. I think Turcotte will likely develop somewhere between Mike Richards and Jarret Stoll. Still a damn valuable player, but not a game breaker.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
Yeah, I would put Kupari over Turcotte right now for sure. Kupari has possible first line potential. I think Turcotte will likely develop somewhere between Mike Richards and Jarret Stoll. Still a damn valuable player, but not a game breaker.

If Blake an co see Turcotte becoming somewhere between Stoll and Richards they should be fired for wasting the number 5 pick.

member 88115

If Blake an co see Turcotte becoming somewhere between Stoll and Richards they should be fired for wasting the number 5 pick.
Well, he was going to be the next Toews, until the Blackhawks went with Dach

Reactions: Basilisk

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012

I mean, who else are they going to pick? Outside of Kakko and Hughes, there wasn’t any surefire top flight forward available in this draft. It was a very deep draft for #4-9 forwards, but not #1-3.

Turcotte is a very “sure” prospect, meaning that his skillset and overall game make him almost certain to eventually carve out an NHL career. But people need to keep their expectations in check. A center who at worst will become Jarret Stoll is a good prospect. And of course he could very well hit his ceiling, which is Mike freakin Richards. At his peak, Richards was a top ten center in the league, arguably top five.

I don’t see how that’s an unfair spectrum of development for Turcotte?

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
True, Richards was a point-per-game C a couple times who played the big "tough" minutes each game. Poor dude had other demons that helped shorten a strong career. We should hope Turcotte can become a similar player with his head screwed on tighter.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Kings staff see Turcotte's potential as a very solid 2C, responsible two-way player. That is a win. They saw Dach as a future 1C with the most potential. So did Chicago and the NHL central scouting services. That's why he was rated higher in the NHL NA rankings by NHL scouting services. The internet is full of experts who make a lot of noise. In the end, it only matters what the teams think. Turcotte was the best available player. The Kings made the choice by all logic they should have made. Only time will tell in the end.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
Kings staff see Turcotte's potential as a very solid 2C, responsible two-way player. That is a win. They saw Dach as a future 1C with the most potential. So did Chicago and the NHL central scouting services. That's why he was rated higher in the NHL NA rankings by NHL scouting services. The internet is full of experts who make a lot of noise. In the end, it only matters what the teams think. Turcotte was the best available player. The Kings made the choice by all logic they should have made. Only time will tell in the end.

Disagree, a “solid” 2c is a failure at the number 5 pick. The implication is you need a top 3 pick to get a top line player. Let alone #1 D, will mean Kings need to tank for 2-3 more years.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I think we get caught up on the terms "1st line" / "2nd line" center.

ROR is a "solid" "2nd line" center who was the 1st line center of the cup winning team this year.

If you're a 2-way center scoring 60-80pts per year, you can play on the 1st or 2nd line of a good team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad