Prospect Info: Kings Prospects in the CHL/College Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Ottawa became the first time in OHL history to sweep the first three rounds then lose in the final.

I'm guessing that's a pretty unusual situation and am assuming that's never happened before in any major hockey circuit.

Sleeping Dog

Fan Since ‘68
Sep 21, 2013
LBC

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Did two of those teams lose their starting goalies?

I’m not sure, I know the 67’s lost DiPietro which was obviously huge but, full credit to Guelph who dominated for large portions of the series after going down 2-0.

London went with Kooy the entire series, I believe.

Saginaw changed goalies late in Game 2 so there may have been an injury there.

Reactions: LAKings88

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Durzi is tearing it up so far with Guelph. He has 3 assists after two periods as the Storm are up 5-2.

His first two assists were beauty stretch passes from his own faceoff circle; one sprinted St. Louis prospect Toropchenko on the breakaway (allowing him to complete the hat trick). The second one springed Ratcliffe and Entwhistle on a two-on-one. His third assist close to the end of the second during a two-on-one with Nick Suzuki, doing a give-and-go so Suzuki has a wide open net.

The comments about his defensive game are valid criticisms, though. He's still pretty lost defensively. One such goal by the Huskies is because the forward worked around Nick Suzuki, and Durzi failed to close the gap. He also failed to follow the play when it was behind the net; he turned his back to the most dangerous Husky which created a high danger chance.

Last edited:

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Durzi is tearing it up so far with Guelph. He has 3 assists after two periods as the Storm are up 5-2.

His first two assists were beauty stretch passes from his own faceoff circle; one sprinted St. Louis prospect Toropchenko on the breakaway (allowing him to complete the hat trick). The second one springed Ratcliffe and Entwhistle on a two-on-one. His third assist close to the end of the second during a two-on-one with Nick Suzuki, doing a give-and-go so Suzuki has a wide open net.

The comments about his defensive game are valid criticisms, though. He's still pretty lost defensively. One such goal by the Huskies is because the forward worked around Durzi's defensive partner, and Durzi failed to close the gap. He also failed to follow the play when it was behind the net; he turned his back to the most dangerous Husky which created a high danger chance.

Durzi's D partner on the one play you mentioned was Suzuki. :) He's definitely going to need a lot of work on D at the pro level to get him up to NHL standards defensively

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Durzi's D partner on the one play you mentioned was Suzuki. :) He's definitely going to need a lot of work on D at the pro level to get him up to NHL standards defensively

Oops, I must have missed that. Thank you!

Either way, the point stands that Durzi failed in identifying a threat

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
The Durzi thread on the draft board is pretty great, tons of Leafs fans tearing him down as if others are building him up to be a #1, when in reality we will be thrilled if he becomes a #4 who can run the Power Play.

Yup, and they keep bringing up he is an overager, so he should be dominating....:huh:. Best D of the tourney so far.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
The Durzi thread on the draft board is pretty great, tons of Leafs fans tearing him down as if others are building him up to be a #1, when in reality we will be thrilled if he becomes a #4 who can run the Power Play.

5/6 and PP QB abilities would be awesome... anything more would be gravy
Mind you we still have Kale Clague, Mikey Anderson and a legit chance at drafting Bowen Byram

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site

It was a good read until they started flooding it, which coincided with the Leafs getting bounced from the playoffs. Now it's just a **** show.

Last edited:

jimmy1100

Feb 17, 2007
Colorado Springs
In case anyone else is rooting for Guelph in the Memorial Cup, they need Rouyn-Noranda to beat Halifax tonight. Doing so would make a 3-way tie for 1st and send the seeding to tiebreakers.

Because it's slow at work, I crunched the numbers to find what results would see Guelph finish in the top spot.

Guelph needs Rouyn-Noranda to win by a score of:

2-0
3- [0 or 1}
4- [1 or 2]
5- [2, 3 or 4]
6- [2, 3, 4 or 5]
7- [3, 4, 5 or 6]
8- [4, 5, 6 or 7]

A 5-1 R-N win would see R-N and Guelph go to a second tiebreaker for 1st and a 4-3 R-N win would see Halifax and Guelph go to a second tiebreaker.

I'm sorry I cannot give you back the time it took to read this...

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
In case anyone else is rooting for Guelph in the Memorial Cup, they need Rouyn-Noranda to beat Halifax tonight. Doing so would make a 3-way tie for 1st and send the seeding to tiebreakers.

Because it's slow at work, I crunched the numbers to find what results would see Guelph finish in the top spot.

Guelph needs Rouyn-Noranda to win by a score of:

2-0
3- [0 or 1}
4- [1 or 2]
5- [2, 3 or 4]
6- [2, 3, 4 or 5]
7- [3, 4, 5 or 6]
8- [4, 5, 6 or 7]

A 5-1 R-N win would see R-N and Guelph go to a second tiebreaker for 1st and a 4-3 R-N win would see Halifax and Guelph go to a second tiebreaker.

I'm sorry I cannot give you back the time it took to read this...

giphy.gif

Reactions: Reaper45
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad