Prospect Info: Kings Prospects in the CHL/College Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Just wondering how you guys are feeling about JAD and Thomas, two guys that I really wanted Dallas to pick in the second so it’s funny that they both went to LA. Obviously they both tore it up on the score sheet is everyone thinking they should translate to the NHL pretty well?

Reactions: Ghetty Green

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Just wondering how you guys are feeling about JAD and Thomas, two guys that I really wanted Dallas to pick in the second so it’s funny that they both went to LA. Obviously they both tore it up on the score sheet is everyone thinking they should translate to the NHL pretty well?

Love both players. I think JAD has a very good chance of making the team this upcoming season if everything goes right. I think Thomas is probably still a couple years away, but another player with high end skill and character who produced big this year.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Love both players. I think JAD has a very good chance of making the team this upcoming season if everything goes right. I think Thomas is probably still a couple years away, but another player with high end skill and character who produced big this year.

Glad to here it. You guys have done a really good job drafting in these top two rounds should be a good start to the youth movement.

Reactions: LAKings88

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
4/26 results:

Guelph won 4-0, Durzi had an Assist(16) and +3, Phillips was scoreless and even. (SAG leads 3-2)
Spokane lost 3-2, Anderson-Dolan had a Goal(5) and was even. (VAN wins 4-2)

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Its a good sign that JAD didnt look out of place in the AHL but for some reason I see flashes of Jeff Tambellini. I am still on the fence.

I think Thomas has a more complete game, so a better chance to succeed in the NHL.

Reactions: funky

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Its a good sign that JAD didnt look out of place in the AHL but for some reason I see flashes of Jeff Tambellini. I am still on the fence.

I think Thomas has a more complete game, so a better chance to succeed in the NHL.

JAD got more dirt on his jersey in one NHL game than Tambellini did in his entire career. I don't see bust potential at all with him. high floor, but wonder about his ceiling.

It's actually Thomas that worries me, because I don't see a real identity right now.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Who do you guys feel have brighter future? Durzi or clague... if byram is on board at 5 do you guys grab him?

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Clague has the inside track but we'll get a better gauge of Durzi once he turns pro. Byram at 5 you take him. Slots everyone in the prospect D pool into their potential roles also going to create competition which is always a good thing.

Byram - Doughty
Anderson\Clague - Durzi
Phillips\Forbort - Roy \Walker \LaDue \Strand

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Who do you guys feel have brighter future? Durzi or clague... if byram is on board at 5 do you guys grab him?

Durzi probably would be easier to find a fit, as a right shot D, and the way he handles the puck seems to translate better to the pro level.

Here's my top 5, so I am hoping the Kings grab one of them (so for Byram, I think it's very likely the Kings get him):

Jack Hughes
Kaapo Kakko
Alex Turcotte
Bowen Byram
Matthew Boldy

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Durzi probably would be easier to find a fit, as a right shot D, and the way he handles the puck seems to translate better to the pro level.

Here's my top 5, so I am hoping the Kings grab one of them (so for Byram, I think it's very likely the Kings get him):

Jack Hughes
Kaapo Kakko
Alex Turcotte
Bowen Byram
Matthew Boldy
Hoping boldy is around at 9 for us but if not that means a center is, which is out main need.

So many enticing prospects in this draft... and ya i figured youd go byram with jad, vilardi, thomas, grundstrum and kupari up front.... i guess you could use a high end winger(which boldy would fill).

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Karpat is tied 2-2 in the Liiga final. Kupari has 1 g, 4 a, 5 pts in 13 games.

Frolunda (Moverare) is tied 2-2 in the SHL final.

Reactions: DoktorJeep
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad