Rumor: KINGS 2018-19 Season- Luc/Rob ****Show/ Sell Everyone!! Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dexter Sinister

Sep 26, 2015
Idahizzle
Yeah, we saw. They were key players in two Stanley Cup Champions and a WCF. Kopitar, for one, carried the Kings offense on his back for a decade. Drew has carried a corpse for his partner for how many seasons now?

Yeah, we’re all disappointed they suck now but can this revisionist bull**** character assassination by posters on this board stop? Microanalyzing every utterance, taking the most cynical tack at every opportunity - this type of stuff is the nadir of fandom. This team is awful now, but they were Great with a capital-“G” once, and it’s not their fault they were kept whole for too long, based on the hope they had one more shot of greatness in them.

I can’t think of a championship core in LA in my lifetime that’s been shat on more, post-championship, than this one. And if there has, I’m glad I’m naive enough not to know.

That's probably because the Lakers and Dodgers would always remain competitive after their championships. They wouldn't always win the championship, but they'd always be in the running and they'd always re-tool to make sure they were in the running.

While no one thought the Kings were contenders this year, NO ONE thought they'd be a lottery team either. THAT is why everyone is crapping on this post-championship team. Blame DL, blame Luc, blame Blake or coaches or the players, it doesn't matter. What matters is that from top to bottom, this team was not re-tooled the right way and now, we the fans, are the ones suffering. Doughty isn't suffering with his paycheck and his "-22" quote. Kopi isn't suffering with his paycheck and lackluster play. They get paid win or lose, whether they score or not. This is the reason a lot of us here want a full rebuild, because the players we have just don't care anymore.

Reactions: KINGS17

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Maybe we have a non-playoff/tanking avatar theme with his quote.
Remember this classic?

raw.gif

Reactions: Dexter Sinister

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
That’s BS the dodgers haven’t won shit in over thirty years, and before you say they are competitive all the time the standard here at HF is not just make the playoffs but win championships so yea we shit on our own more here than any where , the problem is it’s only here not in the media or lack of attendance , their is no pressure to win as long as the building is technically sold out for management and the media is more worried about Lebron’s dinner than anything we ever do

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
guess macdermid callup was just hoven spitballing? haven't seen anything about it since

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
In regards to crapping on the guys that brought the Cups, they are a bit of a victim of their own success and the internet age when comparing them to other LA teams that have won titles.

Dodgers? They haven't won since 1988 so it can't be compared.

Lakers? Every time they've won, it is basically in bunches. Magic had to retire immediately after taking them to the Finals once again. Once Kobe became a problem, he had already been part of numerous championships and is considered one of the best players ever, something that none of the Kings will be.

When I say the Kings guys are a victim of their own success, I think it isn't as bad if they just fluked out in 2012 and never came close again. They put up three consecutive runs, however, and we got used to it. We've seen these guys perform at a sustained high level, cash-in, and now seemingly mail-it-in on too many occasions.

These dudes are made men and will always be loved with numerous sweaters heading up in to the rafters. We are concerned with what is happening at present so, while they will always be the guys that did the most for the Kings, they will be critiqued for what is happening now.

Is it disrespectful? Well, it is an internet message board where hot takes are the soup du jour. Go away from the internet and you'll get all the Kopi!Quickie!Brownie! you can eat.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
In regards to crapping on the guys that brought the Cups, they are a bit of a victim of their own success and the internet age when comparing them to other LA teams that have won titles.

Dodgers? They haven't won since 1988 so it can't be compared.

Lakers? Every time they've won, it is basically in bunches. Magic had to retire immediately after taking them to the Finals once again. Once Kobe became a problem, he had already been part of numerous championships and is considered one of the best players ever, something that none of the Kings will be.

When I say the Kings guys are a victim of their own success, I think it isn't as bad if they just fluked out in 2012 and never came close again. They put up three consecutive runs, however, and we got used to it. We've seen these guys perform at a sustained high level, cash-in, and now seemingly mail-it-in on too many occasions.

These dudes are made men and will always be loved with numerous sweaters heading up in to the rafters. We are concerned with what is happening at present so, while they will always be the guys that did the most for the Kings, they will be critiqued for what is happening now.

Is it disrespectful? Well, it is an internet message board where hot takes are the soup du jour. Go away from the internet and you'll get all the Kopi!Quickie!Brownie! you can eat.

I agree with all of this, but that's not necessarily what's happening, people in general are taking the past 3-4-5 years problems, and projecting it backwards to the group that won 2012-2014 etc, I think that is what the heart of Choralone's post is....

As upset as you are a Kopitar this year ( I believe one poster called him unskilled, that's how f***ing stupid it's gotten) he was a huge part of the winning season, what's happening this year, doesn't diminish that...or shouldnt.

BigKing

Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I agree with all of this, but that's not necessarily what's happening, people in general are taking the past 3-4-5 years problems, and projecting it backwards to the group that won 2012-2014 etc, I think that is what the heart of Choralone's post is....

As upset as you are a Kopitar this year ( I believe one poster called him unskilled, that's how ****ing stupid it's gotten) he was a huge part of the winning season, what's happening this year, doesn't diminish that...or shouldnt.

There is definitely a thought process that these guys couldn't win until "real leaders" were brought in. Those guys are gone and now the Kings have been irrelevant every since.

I agree that it isn't fair to throw a net over all of them, especially Brown and Quick, and say they aren't leaders or winners since none of this happens without #11 and #8.

In regards to those two, however, the talent was never the question about them prior to the Cups, during the Cups or at present outside of scorching hot takes. They are still talented but with those contracts and the aforementioned "leaders" long gone, it is their show. Granted, the supporting cast isn't great but it wasn't last year either and we saw how they played. That's what makes it so infuriating: especially #11 vacillating between legit #1C and legit #2C every damn season.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
There is definitely a thought process that these guys couldn't win until "real leaders" were brought in. Those guys are gone and now the Kings have been irrelevant every since.

I agree that it isn't fair to throw a net over all of them, especially Brown and Quick, and say they aren't leaders or winners since none of this happens without #11 and #8.

In regards to those two, however, the talent was never the question about them prior to the Cups, during the Cups or at present outside of scorching hot takes. They are still talented but with those contracts and the aforementioned "leaders" long gone, it is their show. Granted, the supporting cast isn't great but it wasn't last year either and we saw how they played. That's what makes it so infuriating: especially #11 vacillating between legit #1C and legit #2C every damn season.

I'm not even truly 'upset' about their play in the same way I am about their quotes. Up until this point, they've owned every minute of it every time they faced the media. Now you have Kopitar going aw, shucks and musing about how hard it is to move a family and how lucky for him that he doesn't have to worry about it, and Doughty getting defensive and talking about himself and basically only himself, while Brown and Quick were able to give at least one reason per answer without verbal diarrhea.

I don't want my best defenseman going "But i'm playing pretty good" at -23 even if I agree with it because what kind of dumbass example does that set for others? It's acceptable? Loser culture.

I don't want my franchise center talking about how much it sucks for everyone else to be available and that it's just bad luck that his ill-advised shot hardarounded to a guy breaking out of the box. Loser talk.

Both of these guys have situational awareness issues this year and on the ice that's one thing. Off the ice? We're counting on you to groom the next area of Kings, don't be f***ing idiots should be a simple ask.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014

I can agree with that, I think #11 is so introverted, that his "captaincy" is more of a put the team on his back, and go, more than a rah rah rah get your shit together type, and that can be extremely exhausting, I think #8, leadership is more in his passion for the game....their contracts make them easy targets, but that's just the nature of the game, everyone has their panties in a bunch because #8 said he deserved his contract, and he does, he earned it, there's no doubt about it,

But having Stoll, Regehyr, Mitchell, Scuderi, definitely took some of the load off, and now they don't have that anymore.

BigKing

Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Big Mac activation is official.

Really hoping he is in the lineup Thursday at Staples and we get a nice open-ice hit. Would increase the number of cool things during a Kings home game from 2-3 to maybe 3-4.

Reactions: tny760

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah

Really hoping he is in the lineup Thursday at Staples and we get a nice open-ice hit. Would increase the number of cool things during a Kings home game from 2-3 to maybe 3-4.

So far the highlights for me this season have been:

1) Wagner
2) Doughty mic'd up (Doughty laughing at Forbort because even he knows he sucks)
3) Kopitar and Carter breaking sticks

bland

Jul 1, 2004
I can agree with that, I think #11 is so introverted, that his "captaincy" is more of a put the team on his back, and go, more than a rah rah rah get your **** together type, and that can be extremely exhausting, I think #8, leadership is more in his passion for the game....their contracts make them easy targets, but that's just the nature of the game, everyone has their panties in a bunch because #8 said he deserved his contract, and he does, he earned it, there's no doubt about it,

But having Stoll, Regehyr, Mitchell, Scuderi, definitely took some of the load off, and now they don't have that anymore.
You left out Richards and Williams, the most competitive mfers that have worn the Kings uniform since Dave Taylor.

Greene as well. That was an astonishing amount of accountability. Nearly every shift had a highly competitive leader on the ice who demanded that his teammates were accountable for their actions.

They lost Richards, Williams, Stoll, Greene, Mitchell, Scuderi, Regehr and Voynov with absolutely nothing in return for any of them. Not one single draft pick.

That's the downfall from the championships to now - an overall decline in leadership and accoutability while the players lacking those attributes were given ridiculously long extensions that absorbed most of the available space, combined with a series of poor trades that ransacked the asset list designed to chase phantom Cups that were never attainable due to miscalculations by Lombardi.

Blake compounded this by wasting a year and a half to follow that lead instead of using the change in management as the perfect opportunity to sell the badly needed rebuild.

This is how you go from three straight conference finals and two Cups to just one playoff game won in five years.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017

thank f***

hope he gets a fair shake this time around

Peter James Bond II

"Man, we were right there" - De-Luc-sional
Mar 5, 2015
I bet you were so pissed they couldn't even gotten a 7th for him.

He's so brutal. I watched all of the TBL game and even went back and watched his shifts - looking for ONE SINGLE GOOD THING - GOOD PLAY...and the only thing was he was pretty good on faceoffs...his game has zero passion, zero urgency, lost his top speed, does not make ANY GOOD PLAYS. And rarely gets a good shot off. He no longer can play effective NHL hockey. Don't hate the guy. He was awesome for 6+ years and did well...he had a few bad injuries and is 34 and no longer should be an NHL second line center. He's not effective on PK or PP. His veteran savvy and experience - he knows the game and where to be. But he can no longer execute. I bet ANY scout that scouted him the last few months sees all of this. It's all true and not a mere observation. Phaneuf sucks too, but actually still makes a few good plays. Carter makes zero. I still have last nights game recorded. If anyone does and wants to point out a single good play, let me know and I will review.

Reactions: Piston

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
He's so brutal. I watched all of the TBL game and even went back and watched his shifts - looking for ONE SINGLE GOOD THING - GOOD PLAY...and the only thing was he was pretty good on faceoffs...his game has zero passion, zero urgency, lost his top speed, does not make ANY GOOD PLAYS. And rarely gets a good shot off. He no longer can play effective NHL hockey. Don't hate the guy. He was awesome for 6+ years and did well...he had a few bad injuries and is 34 and no longer should be an NHL second line center. He's not effective on PK or PP. His veteran savvy and experience - he knows the game and where to be. But he can no longer execute. I bet ANY scout that scouted him the last few months sees all of this. It's all true and not a mere observation. Phaneuf sucks too, but actually still makes a few good plays. Carter makes zero. I still have last nights game recorded. If anyone does and wants to point out a single good play, let me know and I will review.
it was really f***in bad, right? seems like everything is an attempt at some cutesie play, low effort but high flash

can't blame the injury any more, he can still skate but he lost his hands

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site

Carter was 35% on FO last night.
Had 18:43 in TOI including 2:39 in PP time. Only Kopitar's obnoxious and uninspired 25:03, Iafallo's deserved 18:54 and Brown's completely useless 18:44 played more.
He was the less effective forward on the ice for LA.
Zero accountability in WD
Blake's BS line of deserved play in full action.
Had 1 SOG

Reactions: DoktorJeep and YP44

Peter James Bond II

"Man, we were right there" - De-Luc-sional
Mar 5, 2015
it was really ****in bad, right? seems like everything is an attempt at some cutesie play, low effort but high flash

can't blame the injury any more, he can still skate but he lost his hands

He's bad. If he plays #2 center or anywhere on Kings next year, they will be icing an inferior team. Amadio is better than him now.

Reactions: Fat Elvis
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad