Rumor: KINGS 2018-19 Season- Luc/Rob ****Show/ Sell Everyone!! Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoktorJeep

Fair winds and following seas Nikolai.
Aug 2, 2005
OC
We have two different interpretations of Brown's comments. Having played on some very good teams, and some not so good teams, I think practice habits are largely the responsibility of the players.

A coach can kick some ass in practice if players aren't putting forth a good effort, but ultimately it is your peers for whom you are putting in the work. Peer pressure among the players in the entire group is the best way to get max effort from everyone.

I comprehend Browns statement and your interpretation, I just think it’s not a legitimate answer when none of the other vets said the same thing. So ultimately, the point is that the players don’t know why it’s broken and shouldn’t necessarily be considered part or party to any solution.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I comprehend Browns statement and your interpretation, I just think it’s not a legitimate answer when none of the other vets said the same thing. So ultimately, the point is that the players don’t know why it’s broken and shouldn’t necessarily be considered part or party to any solution.
...or maybe Brown is the only veteran leader left in this group?

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Blake may be having the same conundrum as DL. Great guys to be around but he can’t separate his personal feelings about the guys from their play on the ice.
My feelings exactly. Blake def too close to the players to make tough personnel decisions. If Bill Belichik was running this team, he wouldve turned the roster over after 2014 - esp after Stolls Vegas bust, Voynovs battery.. and other crap going on like Richards pill problem. Dynasty's only happen when you have guys like Michael Jordan or Tom Brady who would rather die than lose. Without that, you get what happened here. Its very hard to stay hungry and stay on top when other guys have never won and would step on your neck to lift the cup. Also DL left a fart in the elevator with his 2 years of dice rolling.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Absolutely disappointed as well. I didn't care much about getting returns for players with bad contracts, I wanted contracts gone and spots opening up on the roster.

Same, hopefully he can decapitate a few players.

Kopitar is a joke of a captain. Always has been.

Pathetic.

This team is a god damn joke.

I'm ****ing mad that Fantenberg gets trade but Forbort, Quick, Martinez, and Carter are still Kings.

It's not about "winning the trade" it's about getting rid of those players and their contracts.

The lack of news about them being available also made it clear that they weren't shopping much.

The players who were rumored to be getting traded today were traded for the most part.

So that irks me as well. One could make a case that the Kings weren't shopping those players heavily.

It takes 2 to make a trade and the guys you wanted moved weren't getting fair value. Imagine if they got a 4th or 5th for Carter.You'd be up in arms because you know he's worth more, considering what a plug like Boyle got. You bought into all the blogger crap expecting EVERYONE to be moved and are pissed because they weren't right.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
True, But you can't draft a Teubert over an Erik Karlsson.

Different league then. Don't blame them at all for taking a swing at a guy projected to be a Matt Greene type which the team didn't have. That's the risk you take when draft for need instead of BPA. They still got Doughty and Voynov in that draft. Funny, It's the Hickey pick nobody ever talks about. Talk about a busted pick. The guy was 4th overall, got waived and now has played over 400 games for the Isles. At least Teubert got us Penner who helped win the 1st cup.

Reactions: Peter James Bond II

Peter James Bond II

"Man, we were right there" - De-Luc-sional
Mar 5, 2015
It takes 2 to make a trade and the guys you wanted moved weren't getting fair value. Imagine if they got a 4th or 5th for Carter.You'd be up in arms because you know he's worth more, considering what a plug like Boyle got. You bought into all the blogger crap expecting EVERYONE to be moved and are pissed because they weren't right.

Carter is not worth more than a 4th or 5th rounder. He could not play for over 75% of the teams in the NHL and he will never play the last 2 years of his contract.

Reactions: Piston

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Brown said the Kings practice habits suck. Can he fix that on his own? I doubt it.

Which leads me back to my premise that the entire thing started in training camp. Whether it was Steven's way of changing the routine or the players not getting into good habit, it was all bad from that point on, then bled into preseason, and finally the regular season. The one thing that stood out most was passing. I've never seen this group pass so bad for so long. It's like Steven's forgot to work on this and tried to correct it in game 5.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017

I wasn't talking about bloggers. I was talking about big time reporters. Don't put words into my mouth.

Second, if you read what I just said, I want their contracts gone, and their position open for someone else to take.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I wasn't talking about bloggers. I was talking about big time reporters. Don't put words into my mouth.

Second, if you read what I just said, I want their contracts gone, and their position open for someone else to take.

I'm not. Bernstein and Hoven are reporters/bloggers and you know exactly who I'm talking about. The bigtime reporters all got their info from them. Nobody banged the drum louder than those two. They were wrong.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I'm not. Bernstein and Hoven are reporters/bloggers and you know exactly who I'm talking about. The bigtime reporters all got their info from them. Nobody banged the drum louder than those two. They were wrong.

You're absolutely off your rocker if you think I trust Hoven, and Bernstein. The big time reporters said nothing of the sort of our players.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
True, But you can't draft a Teubert over an Erik Karlsson.
Dean made this comment regarding Teubert, but there were a lot of tigers on the Kings cup teams: Mitchell Greene, Richard's, Stoll, Williams... and more because they all followed their lead.

Brown was ferocious in the 2012 playoffs.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Which leads me back to my premise that the entire thing started in training camp. Whether it was Steven's way of changing the routine or the players not getting into good habit, it was all bad from that point on, then bled into preseason, and finally the regular season. The one thing that stood out most was passing. I've never seen this group pass so bad for so long. It's like Steven's forgot to work on this and tried to correct it in game 5.
I am not going to hang all this on Stevens. Fine, if these players need a baby sitter, then hire a coach who cracks the whip.

The players bare most of the responsibility. This is a veteran team, they know what it takes.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I am not going to hang all this on Stevens. Fine, if these players need a baby sitter, then hire a coach who cracks the whip.

The players bare most of the responsibility. This is a veteran team, they know what it takes.

Agree, but man during the preseason many were like, have they even practiced breakouts?

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
Kopitar was lost for answers and soft. Doughty was defensive and self-important. Brown was diplomatic and leaderly while not putting anyone on blast really, basically saying we've gotta work harder/better.

Pretty much exactly what we're seeing about who they really are when the going gets tough.

Yeah, we saw. They were key players in two Stanley Cup Champions and a WCF. Kopitar, for one, carried the Kings offense on his back for a decade. Drew has carried a corpse for his partner for how many seasons now?

Yeah, we’re all disappointed they suck now but can this revisionist bullshit character assassination by posters on this board stop? Microanalyzing every utterance, taking the most cynical tack at every opportunity - this type of stuff is the nadir of fandom. This team is awful now, but they were Great with a capital-“G” once, and it’s not their fault they were kept whole for too long, based on the hope they had one more shot of greatness in them.

I can’t think of a championship core in LA in my lifetime that’s been shat on more, post-championship, than this one. And if there has, I’m glad I’m naive enough not to know.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Yeah, we saw. They were key players in two Stanley Cup Champions and a WCF. Kopitar, for one, carried the Kings offense on his back for a decade. Drew has carried a corpse for his partner for how many seasons now?

Yeah, we’re all disappointed they suck now but can this revisionist bull**** character assassination by posters on this board stop? Microanalyzing every utterance, taking the most cynical tack at every opportunity - this type of stuff is the nadir of fandom. This team is awful now, but they were Great with a capital-“G” once, and it’s not their fault they were kept whole for too long, based on the hope they had one more shot of greatness in them.

I can’t think of a championship core in LA in my lifetime that’s been shat on more, post-championship, than this one. And if there has, I’m glad I’m naive enough not to know.

Wow, talk about picking with the wrong guy. I've defended these guys more than just about anyone here and have taken stones left and right for it. I'm not shitting on their abilities. I'm talking about their raw leadership (publicly, of course). I even agree with Drew's assessment that he's been pretty good (needs to be much, much better though), but to take the question and twist it into a self-defense? Give me a break. These guys are the core leadership and Kopitar losing the map and Doughty being out for himself are exactly what you don't want to see at this point in the season and this is coming from someone who believes in their ability to be themselves next season so maybe take that with some weight instead of lumping me in with the "it's always raining" group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad