Rumor: KINGS 2018-19 Season- Luc/Rob ****Show/ Sell Everyone!! Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
If we can get a 3rd and a 4th out of Thompson and Hagelin I will be very happy.

Absolutely. Hagelin, by himself, has never brought back a pick though. He was traded with a 2nd and 6th for Etem and a 2nd. Actually cost the Rangers a pick to get rid of him. Then traded for Perron and Pearson. Who knows what he'll bring back. Thompson went from a 4th and 7th, to Shore. Might get a 6th for him. Boyle averages 13 goals a year. Thompson broke 10 once.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Dion scratched!!! YES YES YES

Dion Phaneuf is a health scratch. Thank the Gods.

I would rather have him in to help facilitate finishing near or at the bottom of the standings.

BkqkqMSIYAEoAK9.jpg

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
That's kind of interesting. Despite Phaneuf not being a great player, he without a doubt has been a solid pro off the ice and seemed really good with the media. I'm kind of shocked by that response and that makes me think that there really is more to the story.
I wonder if Blake is considering a buyout of Phaneuf's contract.

Could also be he just isn't a part of the future plan, so he is going to spend more time in the press box.

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
I wonder if Blake is considering a buyout of Phaneuf's contract.

Could also be he just isn't a part of the future plan, so he is going to spend more time in the press box.

Yeah, you may be right. I don't think a buyout would happen now, because they really don't need the space, but maybe he is being asked to go to Ontario?

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Yeah, you may be right. I don't think a buyout would happen now, because they really don't need the space, but maybe he is being asked to go to Ontario?
He has a full NMC so he cannot be sent to AHL.

I still think LA should not buy him out till they absolutely need his cap hit. Leave him as a #7 in the press box or injury fill in till then.

Reactions: BallPointHammer

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
He has a full NMC so he cannot be sent to AHL.

I still think LA should not buy him out till they absolutely need his cap hit. Leave him as a #7 in the press box or injury fill in till then.

Do you know if teams have to pick up the NMC after the player waived it to be traded? I remember Jeff Carter and Lubomir Visnovsky had NTC, but were traded before they kicked in and the subsequent team didn't pick them up. Does that apply to players whop waive when the clause has already been enacted?

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Do you know if teams have to pick up the NMC after the player waived it to be traded? I remember Jeff Carter and Lubomir Visnovsky had NTC, but were traded before they kicked in and the subsequent team didn't pick them up. Does that apply to players whop waive when the clause has already been enacted?

I think it depends on if the clause has kicked in yet. In Dion's case I believe it had or at the very least was kept in LA.

Reactions: crassbonanza

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007

As you mentioned, Carter and Lubo were different because they hadn't kicked in yet. Any player who waives it for a trade still retains the clause in their contract.

Reactions: crassbonanza

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
That's not how it works. Cernak is now an actual NHL player playing almost 20 minutes a night on the best team in the league, right handed, and signed for nothing through next year. They're not trading that for Martinez. Much less that plus a 2nd. Carlo is playing 20 minutes a night on one of the better teams in the league, and is also right handed. You're somehow getting a +? For guys having career worst seasons? You wouldn't get just Carlo for Carter or Toffoli.

Boyle has gone from a 3rd, to a conditional 2nd, to a straight up 2nd. Somehow his value has improved as he's aged. The value of most other players goes down as years go by.

Muzzin got a probable bottom third 1st, a 2nd rd pick from 3 years ago, and an overager. Any future deals for anyone on this team will probably be around that, and even more probably less than that.

If the Kings had some good UFA's, that would help. They don't though. Nobody wants to be tied down to 30+ year olds if they have to give something up for it.
You underestimate the idiocy of GMs who feel the need and pressure to win now... both those scenarios are outlandish but I throw them out because it should be a starting point in negotiations. Amart to TBL for Raddysh and a 3rd is what I’m really looking at!

Reactions: BallPointHammer

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
The timing is odd though. Why scratch Phaneuf after a two game streak? It's not like his play was any different the last few games, than it has been the prior games. Also, odd that Phaneuf declined to comment on the scratch. At this point in his career, I am sure he is aware/comfortable with the fact that he may be in and out of the lineup. With all this said, I would be absolutely shocked if he was traded. Just don't see it happening.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
For the Kings, a buyout this June is a hit of $2.2m, $4m, $1m, and $1m. A buyout in June 2020 is $3.8m, and $750k.

The 20-21 season is basically no difference in dead cap. $750k and $1m, meh. It really comes down to whether they need/want the extra cap/roster space next year.

Master Yoda

LA Legends
Aug 6, 2003
El Paso
The timing is odd though. Why scratch Phaneuf after a two game streak? It's not like his play was any different the last few games, than it has been the prior games. Also, odd that Phaneuf declined to comment on the scratch. At this point in his career, I am sure he is aware/comfortable with the fact that he may be in and out of the lineup. With all this said, I would be absolutely shocked if he was traded. Just don't see it happening.
I don't remember Phaneuf ever being a healthy scratch. This might be the first time in his career, so I get that it might be awkward for him to do an interview about it right now.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Seems pretty obvious to me: the tank is off as playoff hopes are back on. Hence, the Tank Commander is scratched.

Seriously, if Blake is making a playoff push after selling Muzzin and after we were told of building for the future, I'm going to lose any shred of hope and respect for him.

Reactions: tny760

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Seriously, if Blake is making a playoff push after selling Muzzin and after we were told of building for the future, I'm going to lose any shred of hope and respect for him.
seriously if all it takes is a couple Ws to make that type of swing i'm out

Reactions: King'sPawn

BallPointHammer

Los Angeles Kings - We're Back!
Oct 25, 2006
Maryland
You underestimate the idiocy of GMs who feel the need and pressure to win now... both those scenarios are outlandish but I throw them out because it should be a starting point in negotiations. Amart to TBL for Raddysh and a 3rd is what I’m really looking at!
Make other teams pay for our guys, doesn't hurt to get more draft choices, even middle round picks can be useful.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Just like Kovalchuk, the Kings are trying to make it miserable so they want to leave.

The only reason Kovalchuk would want to leave is if he wants to win.

I think GMs are more cautious when it comes to 30+ year old guys with multiple years left on their contracts. If it's a UFA, they'll throw caution to the wind more often. If it doesn't work, they can reset in the offseason. They take a guy with term, and it doesn't work, now that new contract for the old dude has to factor into anything you do. Makes things more complicated.

Sitting Phaneuf and putting Walker in is making a playoff push?

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan

I don't see Blake buying at the deadline if he sees the Kings have a chance to make the playoffs. The worst I see him doing is delaying selling some vets like a Martinez or Carter. He absolutely needs to let Haglin and Thompson go because they are UFAs at year end, and there is no room for them on our roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad