Rumor: KINGS 2018-19 Season- Luc/Rob ****Show/ Sell Everyone!! Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown

Kings talk begins at 3:09.

Dreger says trade talks have cooled off a bit around LA. Quick isn’t expected to be moved, but if he is, it is most likely to happen on draft day.

Dooney

Jan 12, 2005
On the move
From today’s 31 Thoughts (which supports what The Mayor reported yesterday):
I said last week that the mayor tweeted in December that Quick would be moved by February 26 or no longer here. I certainly didn’t dream he said that before. Perhaps it was November but it was while he was out and Cal was up.

Reactions: Legionnaire

DoktorJeep

Fair winds and following seas Nikolai.
Aug 2, 2005
OC
I'm okay with moving a player like Carter, older and with an overpriced contract relative to his value, in a 2 for 1 or even 3 for 2 type of deal where you're looking for a couple of B to B+ guys instead of a 1st rounder. The key is to get rid of the salary and re-gain flexibility IMO.

Reactions: Reaper45

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
I'm okay with moving a player like Carter, older and with an overpriced contract relative to his value, in a 2 for 1 or even 3 for 2 type of deal where you're looking for a couple of B to B+ guys instead of a 1st rounder. The key is to get rid of the salary and re-gain flexibility IMO.
Exactly. I dont think the Bruins could afford Carter and Lewis or Thompson but something like those 2 for a pick and a couple of decent prospects.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
The great thing by moving Muzz is we have the ability to eat some salary for the to be UFA’s like 44 and Hagelin. Maybe your team just under the cup floor could squeeze them in and pay a little more prospect or pick wise.

Blake should be peddling Fanta. Playoff proven. Come grab him while he is hot. I would take a 7th and run.

Peter James Bond II

"Man, we were right there" - De-Luc-sional
Mar 5, 2015
Honestly I'd take a 2nd and a decent prospect for Carter at this point. His value is plummeting by the day.

I'd be thrilled if the Kings got nothing for him and just out of the contract and onto retooling. The Kings are better without him now....and the PP and PK will
be better without him.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
The great thing by moving Muzz is we have the ability to eat some salary for the to be UFA’s like 44 and Hagelin. Maybe your team just under the cup floor could squeeze them in and pay a little more prospect or pick wise.

Blake should be peddling Fanta. Playoff proven. Come grab him while he is hot. I would take a 7th and run.

Why could LA not retain on pending UFAs even with Muzzin?

DoktorJeep

Fair winds and following seas Nikolai.
Aug 2, 2005
OC
The trade scenarios that scare me are where we have to move a young roster player with an overpaid vet to get rid of the contract.

Something like Carter (no retained salary) + Wagner or Luff to Boston for Heinen + 2nd rounder

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
The trade scenarios that scare me are where we have to move a young roster player with an overpaid vet to get rid of the contract.

Something like Carter (no retained salary) + Wagner or Luff to Boston for Heinen + 2nd rounder
Yeah no. I think (or hope) Blake and co have identified the youth that should stay on this roster.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

Where's the rush to get rid of the contracts? If they can't trade Carter, then he'll stay on the roster. Carter isn't asking out, because he doesn't care if the team is winning or not, and management seems to know this core can no longer win, so open up cap space for what? To maybe take back a contract to get a pick somewhere down the road? They'll cross that bridge when they get to it.

We know Kopitar, Doughty, and Brown aren't going anywhere. Assume Quick and Carter fall into that same category. Quick because he's part of the previous core, old, and with a contract. Carter because he doesn't care anymore. Just like nobody needed Dustin Brown in 2016, nobody needs 2019 Jeff Carter.

Peter James Bond II

"Man, we were right there" - De-Luc-sional
Mar 5, 2015
Longtime poster on lakingsinsider (you're probably here under another name?) saying a deal may be imminent "it's going to be a great day"...and also has stated teams interested in Brown, one of them being TBL....now everyone and their second cousins best friend is saying "Doughty, Kopitar, Brown going nowhere"....that may well be the plan, but I would think if TBL were to offer something just short of incredible, I could see Blake asking Brown if he would consider going there. I bet some see Muzzin loving his new situation / team and going for a Cup. Now, the apparent
imminent deal was not in same post as Blake getting calls on Brown.

Also saw something yesterday MTL interested in Hagelin.

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
I'm expecting a 4th rounder for Hagelin, less for Thompson. Doubting any other moves besides Hagelin and Thompson unless some team completely overpays for Quick, AMart, Carter, Lewis and Toffoli.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Longtime poster on lakingsinsider (you're probably here under another name?) saying a deal may be imminent "it's going to be a great day"...and also has stated teams interested in Brown, one of them being TBL....now everyone and their second cousins best friend is saying "Doughty, Kopitar, Brown going nowhere"....that may well be the plan, but I would think if TBL were to offer something just short of incredible, I could see Blake asking Brown if he would consider going there. I bet some see Muzzin loving his new situation / team and going for a Cup. Now, the apparent

I posted a couple of months ago that I thought Brown would be an excellent fit in Tampa Bay. The Kings could take back Callahan (he has a 16-team trade list NMC) in return and a top prospect. Good deal for both teams, and maybe for Brown as well.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I posted a couple of months ago that I thought Brown would be an excellent fit in Tampa Bay. The Kings could take back Callahan (he has a 16-team trade list NMC) in return and a top prospect. Good deal for both teams, and maybe for Brown as well.

The problem being that he doesn't have a Cup, and he won't find a better place to win one than where he is. Until a trade happens, you have to think he'll make it as difficult as possible to trade him. If Callahan doesn't care about the Cup, then by all means make that deal. Even if you don't get a top prospect, since you're cutting off 2 seasons of a $6m cap hit for a 33/34 year old player.

You want to take JT "3 goals in 57 career playoff games" Miller off their hands for Brown, 1 for 1, I think that would be more plausible. Miller has no control where he goes. You get 8 years younger, and he's currently signed for 1 more year than Brown is. I don't think you're getting out of 2 years of Brown's contract, and getting a top prospect on top of that though. That's way too good for the Kings.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown

Were Peter Forsberg and Eric Lindros also located at the Taco Bell in El Segundo?

Reactions: ibleedkings
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad