Rumor: KINGS 2018-19 Season- Luc/Rob ****Show/ Sell Everyone!! Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
The trading deadline, which causes such fevers as "Paul Gaustad for a 1st", "Reaves for a 1st," and "Tatar for all your top rounds."

Don’t recall Reaves being traded for a 1st at the deadline last season, that was that odd 3-team Brassard deal, no? It was mid round pick and player the Pens got return.

I recall he was traded at the draft the previous summer for a 1st (St Louis to Pittsburgh).

This year is a real buyers market, not sure we see a Gaustad type player for a 1st deal.

Vegas was able to trade a bunch of picks and risk it because they had plenty of capital. Little bit of a unique situation due to all the picks they acquired during the expansion draft as ‘compensation’ for selecting/not selecting certain players.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
So Hagelin for Jaskin and a 3rd ? Not bad I guess . Jaskin is just a body coming back unless he finds his game for a bottom 6 role in the west again and the 3rd is what I expected for Hagelin.

Piston

Fire Luc and Blake
Jun 14, 2006
Santa Monica/Salt Lake
Deadline Primer: Pittsburgh Penguins

Looks like Pittsburgh would love to be rid of Pearson. Blake got over on Rutherford on this one as we don't have his contract on our books any more- this alone is a win for the Kings. Not sure what happened to Tanner, but I doubt he will be on an NHL roster after next season. Anything we get for Hagelin will be playing with house money at this point.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
I wonder how the Kings would have fared if "That 70's Line" had been able to maintain their success beyond the 2014 playoffs. I have to admit I thought we had our 2nd line for the next 5-6 years, and it just never happened.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Reflecting on the trade now that it's been a while, Pearson is still a 20+ point guy even having a poor season. He could eclipse 30 in the right situation if he turns things around. But that contract... Oof. I remember thinking what a great deal it was when he signed it. I can't figure out what happened to him. It seems to be a drive/tenacity problem. I guess it could be something physically that we aren't privy to, but trades require physicals and such. It's perplexing.

Reactions: yankeeking

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County
Reflecting on the trade now that it's been a while, Pearson is still a 20+ point guy even having a poor season. He could eclipse 30 in the right situation if he turns things around. But that contract... Oof. I remember thinking what a great deal it was when he signed it. I can't figure out what happened to him. It seems to be a drive/tenacity problem. I guess it could be something physically that we aren't privy to, but trades require physicals and such. It's perplexing.

I read a post that said he hasn’t been the same since he broke his leg. Then someone else said he had good seasons after that injury so I don’t even know why I’m posting this.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Pearson's contract was a calculated risk, but the more inconsistent play we see from a variety of players leads me to think GMs need to start erring on the shorter side of deals and risk having to give a player a raise in a couple of seasons.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Hagelin for a 3rd and Jaskin is terrible.

Boyle just fetched a 2nd and he’s 34 years old.

Hagelin is only 30 and is just as solid in the playoffs as Boyle but has a Stanley Cup ring.

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
Jaskin can be a place holder to end the year. Next year will be interesting with several young players competing for roster spots.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005

Hagelin is only 30 and is just as solid in the playoffs as Boyle but has a Stanley Cup ring.
Boyle is a center scoring at a 23 goal pace at the time of the trade.

Hagelin is currently scoring at a 4 goal pace. A 3rd round pick would be a good return for such an unproductive player.

Peter James Bond II

"Man, we were right there" - De-Luc-sional
Mar 5, 2015

What Blake / Kings can get for King players are not a reflection on Blake, or his ability to make
a favorable deal - it's WAY MORE on the subpar players he's dealing, that are not producing and / or playing below their avg season. It also doesn't help 1/2 of the team is over 30.

Also dealing from weakness - everyone knows the Kings are selling. And if you do not have players
in which have interest from more than 1 team, you are further screwed. Put some blame on the
players...and many have been injured, which does not help - Martinez, Carter, Quick, Hagelin.

As far as getting out of the Pearson deal and not having that 3.75 contract next 2 years, Kings
can put that towards an NHL player that should be better than Pearson or Hagelin.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I recall this trade news coming out in the late evening after the Avalanche defeated the Boston Bruins by a score of 8-2, and Deadmarsh had scored a pair of goals in that game.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
I wonder how the Kings would have fared if "That 70's Line" had been able to maintain their success beyond the 2014 playoffs. I have to admit I thought we had our 2nd line for the next 5-6 years, and it just never happened.

Toffoli continued to develop through the next couple of years, at least, but hit a wall. Pearson was derailed by the leg injury in 14/15. Carter has been on sort of a natural, slow age related decline ever since.

Honestly, the entire team lost their mojo in 14/15. The Voynov scandal really did a number on that locker room. Didn’t help that Dean “I’m a Lawyer” Lombardi decided to throw his full moral support behind Voynov the entire time.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I recall this trade news coming out in the late evening after the Avalanche defeated the Boston Bruins by a score of 8-2, and Deadmarsh had scored a pair of goals in that game.

One full season, and 114 total games out of Deadmarsh. It's still weird that that's all he played here. From a memorable moment to games played ratio, is he #1 in Kings history? Forbort has played 232 games with the Kings. Twice as many. Iafallo has already played 134. Deadmarsh was here for the blink of an eye. It's a shame.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
I was just thinking any chance we end up with Devante Smith-Pelly and want to put him in the ahl to call up luff instead? with him clearing waivers would he would not need to go thru them again to put him in ahl If he gets claimed then we take someone else ?

Reactions: dman3474

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I was just thinking any chance we end up with Devante Smith-Pelly and want to put him in the ahl to call up luff instead? with him clearing waivers would he would not need to go thru them again to put him in ahl If he gets claimed then we take someone else ?

If we claim him he would need to be with the NHL. Or do you mean in a trade? Cause I don't know his waiver eligibility then

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

1) Nasvhville often overpays for the guy they want
2) Boyle plays a more valuable position

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $716.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: