Rumor: KINGS 2018-19 Season- Luc/Rob ****Show/ Sell Everyone!! Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
No Toffoli it looks like from this response.

Screenshot_20190220-161558_Twitter.jpg

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
cmon bro we all know picks outside the 1st are useless, get with the times

Outside of the top ten, actually. After 10th overall, there is a noticeable statistical drop off in long term NHL viability.

Picks in the 3rd round and beyond have less than a 20% chance of ever playing a single game in the NHL.

Reactions: Chazz Reinhold

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I like Jaskin frankly, but I'd rather have a pick, especially if it's a 2nd. Expecting a 3rd. a 4th would be terrible asset mgmt for Pearson. Especially given if it's the Caps it's basically a round later (2nd is a 3rd, etc.).

Zero issue retaining on Hagelin to get a decent pick for him.

I'd keep the whole f***ing contract if we could, agree.

Yeah, after this horrendous season, getting Hughes or Kakko would be quite the salve. Hughes is absolutely in the same tier as Eichel. Kakko is in Laine's tier.

Really hope you're right and really hope we get to find out. I just get that sinking feeling that this is one of those "kings fans can't have nice things" sort of drafts.

Reactions: Peter James Bond II

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Outside of the top ten, actually. After 10th overall, there is a noticeable statistical drop off in long term NHL viability.

Picks in the 3rd round and beyond have less than a 20% chance of ever playing a single game in the NHL.

And most teams either want to get, or keep, the potential of the unknown 3rd rd pick, as opposed to the known 3rd rd pick from 1-3 years ago who has shown he'll probably be part of that other 80% that will for sure not end up doing anything.

You're not winning without the top players, but Cup champs are made by managing to hit on a couple mid round picks over a few years. 4 of TB's top 6 scorers were a 2nd rd pick, 3rd rd pick, and 2 players that were never drafted. They're so stupidly good because they have all that, plus 2 top 2 picks.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
I like Jaskin frankly, but I'd rather have a pick, especially if it's a 2nd. Expecting a 3rd. a 4th would be terrible asset mgmt for Pearson. Especially given if it's the Caps it's basically a round later (2nd is a 3rd, etc.).

I'd keep the whole ****ing contract if we could, agree.

Really hope you're right and really hope we get to find out. I just get that sinking feeling that this is one of those "kings fans can't have nice things" sort of drafts.

In true Kings fashion, we will get the 3rd overall, draft Podzolkin, and he will never leave Russia.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

Why? Not only did he start this season in about the worst way he possibly could have, but we were yelling about him in the 2nd half last year. It looks like Pearson isn't going to be anything more than a 3rd line guy on a good team, with an almost $4m cap hit for a couple more years. Plus all the intangible player descriptions we throw around. Things like soft, etc. Where is his value? How much of an asset was 18-19 Pearson?

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Why? Not only did he start this season in about the worst way he possibly could have, but we were yelling about him in the 2nd half last year. It looks like Pearson isn't going to be anything more than a 3rd line guy on a good team, with an almost $4m cap hit for a couple more years. Plus all the intangible player descriptions we throw around. Things like soft, etc. Where is his value? How much of an asset was 18-19 Pearson?

Because trading a useful playoff player at the trade deadline for what's essentially a 5th round pick is awful when you see the inflated values out there.

Less about Pearson, more about Hagelin. Turning Pearson into a usually-wanted deadline asset like Hagelin looks smart in retrospect, but only if you don't fumble the trade now.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Because trading a useful playoff player at the trade deadline for what's essentially a 5th round pick is awful when you see the inflated values out there.

Less about Pearson, more about Hagelin. Turning Pearson into a usually-wanted deadline asset like Hagelin looks smart in retrospect, but only if you don't fumble the trade now.

What inflated values? Boyle has had the same value for years. Other than him, what crazy value is out there in trades this year? Unless you're the team buying low.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
What inflated values? Boyle has had the same value for years. Other than him, what crazy value is out there in trades this year? Unless you're the team buying low.

The trading deadline, which causes such fevers as "Paul Gaustad for a 1st", "Reaves for a 1st," and "Tatar for all your top rounds."

Reactions: deaderhead28

Peter James Bond II

"Man, we were right there" - De-Luc-sional
Mar 5, 2015
Last World Championships Kubalik and Jaskin were 1 and 2 leading scorers for Cze. Jaskin had more goals though. Jaskin was plus 9 though and Kubalik -1. Makes you think they were not on the same line and that Kubalik probably scored most of his pts on the PP. Radek Faska, a former #1 Stars, had 0 goals and Filip Chytil, Rags #1 had 1 goal. Jaskin tied Pastrnak in goals with 4, although Pastrnak played 5 games to Jaskins 8. Give him the last 20 games and if he;s a nothing burger, don't qualify him...but why not give him top 6 minutes and see if his skill comes out? If not, who cares? More ineptness for the TANK.

CZE REP World Championships. Hyka up on the list too. Kings connections..or almost Kings;
Hyka, Kubalik.

Czech Republic at eliteprospects.com

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Last World Championships Kubalik and Jaskin were 1 and 2 leading scorers for Cze. Jaskin had more goals though. Jaskin was plus 9 though and Kubalik -1. Makes you think they were not on the same line and that Kubalik probably scored most of his pts on the PP. Radek Faska, a former #1 Stars, had 0 goals. Jaskin tied Pastrnak in goals with 4, although Pastrnak played 5 games to Jaskins 8. Give him the last 20 games and if he;s a nothing burger, don't qualify him...but why not give him top 6 minutes and see if his skill comes out? If not, who cares? More ineptness for the TANK.

CZE REP World Championships. Hyka up on the list too. Kings connections

Czech Republic at eliteprospects.com
Numbers aren’t so hot in the NHL the last five years.

Rather see Grundstrom or Luff take a spot honestly.

Reactions: Peter James Bond II
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $716.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki