Rumor: KINGS 2018-19 Season- Luc/Rob ****Show/ Sell Everyone!! Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
So, from Toronto it would have been Grundstrom, Nylander, and their 1st round pick in 2019

for

Muzzin, Clague, and Toffoli

Is that right?

I think I would have liked that deal.

Tend to agree though man how thin is our defense that losing Muzzin destroys the big club and losing Clague destroys the farm system?

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Tend to agree though man how thin is our defense that losing Muzzin destroys the big club and losing Clague destroys the farm system?
Changes Blake's ask it in future trades and what he is looking for in terms of free agents, but I think if what we are speculating was really on the table, I would have liked to see him pull the trigger on that deal.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

AzKing

Feb 4, 2019
Newport Coast, CA
There is definitely a drop with the rest of the top ten, but I think that stems from the fact that Hughes and Kakko are legitimate elite talent. The rest of the top ten is still pretty stellar. That being said, I'll be pretty disappointed if the Kings don't get one of Hughes and Kakko.

The top 2 are supposedly star forward quality. They probably play right away. Higher star quality than Hischier and Patrick were in 2017. They are types who transform teams according to reports but it is the draft so you never know. Podkolzin, if he weren't Russian, could be the same type of player because he just performs on the big stage.

After that, you have a bunch of Top 6 level guys in Cozens, Dach, Turcotte, Boldy, Zegras, Krebs and then is the Top 4 Dman in Byram. It's not out of the realm to think that any of those next guys could elevate to a top 3 forward because things change a lot of times once they get into the systems and it helps if they are allowed to develop. They certainly all have the skills and don't have many glaring holes.

While I want one of the top 2 guys, I wouldn't be pissed off or really disappointed in any of the next players with probably the exception of Krebs because he is a pass first guy and I really want them to get a player who can put a lot of pucks in the net. I guess Dach so far has been a setup guy a lot of times as well but he is a huge guy and his overall game is pretty good.

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
Would ya all stop calling Helene Elliott a HE/HIS. Every post. I can’t take it anymore. Helene Elliott is a She. Lady. Woman, Girl.
Thank you. Carry on now.

I believe they are talking about Elliotte Friedman, who is a He. Sir. Man, Boy.

Reactions: Dooney

AzKing

Feb 4, 2019
Newport Coast, CA
I hope so. I've been one of Carter's most ardent defenders, but he looks like he's getting worse rather than better right now.

I agree and I am not sure what a guy who will be 35 next January is going to rebound to? Coming off a season largely lost to injury last year, he hasn't rebounded this year. The only guys who really defy that age factor are the workout warriors and supremely dedicated guys who live the game and have no distractions. There are also the freaks of nature like Ovechkin.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
So, from Toronto it would have been Grundstrom, Nylander, and their 1st round pick in 2019

for

Muzzin, Clague, and Toffoli

Is that right?

I think I would have liked that deal.
if it was all that from toronto I agree, I doubt they would pay all that if Nylander was included

Master Yoda

LA Legends
Aug 6, 2003
El Paso
I agree and I am not sure what a guy who will be 35 next January is going to rebound to? Coming off a season largely lost to injury last year, he hasn't rebounded this year. The only guys who really defy that age factor are the workout warriors and supremely dedicated guys who live the game and have no distractions. There are also the freaks of nature like Ovechkin.
Many here and around the team claimed he was a workout warrior and supremely dedicated to his fitness.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Many here and around the team claimed he was a workout warrior and supremely dedicated to his fitness.
Before or after marriage?

When you get married and have kids, finding time to workout can be more challenging, especially for husbands who are on the road days at a time
He gets home he is not heading straight to the gym.

Carter's life has changed drastically the last couple of years.

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007

When you get married and have kids, finding time to workout can be more challenging, especially for husbands who are on the road days at a time

They're professional athletes not accountants. When they go to work, they exercise.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
i don't think taking jabs at carter's fitness is fair, he's still fast and nimble, he just can't handle a puck to save his life any more

Reactions: deaderhead28

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

I am positive kids change players.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
It was surprising last season, which tells us just how far the Kings are away from being cup contenders.

You go check the stats, truly dominant players like Crosby, Ovechkin, Malkin, Kucherov, McDavid, etc. don't have the oscillatory offensive numbers Kopitar has from season-to-season. Kopitar is a star. He isn't a dominant force in the NHL every season, which is what he should be for the role he has been cast in by the Kings.
None of those players play defense the way Kopi does and to make matters worse for him.. how many of those players would have thrived playing the physical DS system? Put Kopitar in offensive systems like those guys play in and he would have put up a few 100 seasons...

Davit17

Jun 30, 2011
Does anyone think Quick is traded before the deadline? I have a feeling they’re playing it safe with him not playing in the last game. I know he was sick though so it might have just been that?

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
i don't think taking jabs at carter's fitness is fair, he's still fast and nimble, he just can't handle a puck to save his life any more
Has Carter scored a single goal streaking down the right side of the ice this season? He used to be nearly automatic at those (ok, probably not automatic but he'd score a majority of the time).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $656.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki