Rumor: KINGS 2018-19 Season- Luc/Rob ****Show/ Sell Everyone!! Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I like Doughty and he is a great player but he is not a generational defenseman, that word gets thrown around to often. I don't think anyone in the league has done enough to be considered a generational defenseman, the last one was Lidstrom.

Did Ovechkin die??

HeadInjury

Jul 30, 2005
Since when is Friedman an idiot? "Thoughts" don't mean rumors or predictions. Not his fault that he shares a personal opinion and then something starts a thread on the trade forum acting like he's claiming it's going to happen.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Because he’s a connected reporter? Sure, his speculations may be out there and I may not agree with all of his takes, but he’s a legit source of information, unlike Eklund or The Fourth Period.

He's speculating based upon nothing, you might as well be quoting Eklund and his thoughts.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Since when is Friedman an idiot? "Thoughts" don't mean rumors or predictions. Not his fault that he shares a personal opinion and then something starts a thread on the trade forum acting like he's claiming it's going to happen.

If you haven't realized, Friedman has a habit of conflating speculation with legitimate rumors. And people who can't tell the difference post it like there's truth behind it.

Friedman knows what he's doing.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
If you haven't realized, Friedman has a habit of conflating speculation with legitimate rumors. And people who can't tell the difference post it like there's truth behind it.

Friedman knows what he's doing.

Strange. It's kind of like what I say about a certain source that appears to have obtained an office without a proper election.

riznat

Nov 19, 2005
Lake Tahoe
Why did you ask if Ovechkin died? I assumed (maybe incorrectly) you were inferring that he is generational but the post you quoted was talking specifically about there not being any generational defense men right now.

Peter James Bond II

"Man, we were right there" - De-Luc-sional
Mar 5, 2015
Panarin not playing tonight due to illness....Quick sick this past weekend and Campbell 2 consecutive games...still wonder if there are any offers for Quick.

With recent injuries to Martinez and a few games ago to Carter, may be more difficult to move those 2.
Hard to say what goes down with the Kings by the deadline. Saw a Freidman blurb that Tor talked about Kyle Clifford at time of Muzzin trade, but they would want the Kings to retain some. Fine, but send us another good prospect. Suspect Hagelin gets moved, but really may be nothing else and that's a shame. I suppose there could be a surprise.

I don't want to see Carter and Phaneuf on this team opening night 2019-20. Accomplishing that is another thing.

Last edited:

HeadInjury

Jul 30, 2005
I think Carter would need to go to a team that doesn't spend to the cap anyway in order to be traded. Then he's basically a $2.3 million player for the next 3 years. But I can't see a cap team wanting to carry the extra $3 million cap hit for the next three years.

Aren't too many teams that would qualify. The Islanders' cap is low now but I assume that will change. Colorado is in the same boat. I suppose Carolina would fit if there was a need. Not too many other teams in the playoff race that could afford to waste that cap space.

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
I can’t see Carter being moved at this point.

His stock must be plummeting.

Kings will be lucky if he turns things around by next year’s deadline.

No Name The Nameless

Feb 15, 2019
Tornado Alley
I think of all the players on the roster Doughty is probably the one guy really worth keeping. Anybody else, if you could get a trade partner and some value in return, you have to move.

Here is a list of skaters I put ahead of Drew today.

McDavid
Crosby
Ovechkin
Kucherov
Matthews
MacKinnon
Burns
EK65
Pat Kane
Stamkos
Gaudreau
Marchand
Panarin
Eichel

And that is no slight to Drew. The problem is the next guy, Kopitar is way down the list from here. Who knows if Kopitar is even a top 50 skater in the league today and moving forward. After Kopitar the Kings don’t have two skaters in the top 200 IMO.

You are being remarkably sensational. Drew is better and more valuable than half your list. To call Kopitar not even a top 50 skater seals it. He is a year from his best season. He still has it in him. The whole team has checked out.

DoktorJeep

Fair winds and following seas Nikolai.
Aug 2, 2005
OC
You are being remarkably sensational. Drew is better and more valuable than half your list. To call Kopitar not even a top 50 skater seals it. He is a year from his best season. He still has it in him. The whole team has checked out.

I don’t buy the team being checked out or anything to do with emotions. The issue is first skill and second talent. Kopitar was never the most skilled player and he’s demonstrated that he doesn’t make anyone who plugs in on his line an automatic threat. I think we’ll be lucky if he’s a good 2c for half his remaining contract.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
he said "today" and "today" doesn't included past seasons imo

i don't agree with him on the doughty valuation but neither of them are providing much value to this team at the moment..

and quite frankly, at $10M/season, you don't get to check out

Peter James Bond II

"Man, we were right there" - De-Luc-sional
Mar 5, 2015
he said "today" and "today" doesn't included past seasons imo

i don't agree with him on the doughty valuation but neither of them are providing much value to this team at the moment..

and quite frankly, at $10M/season, you don't get to check out

Honestly ZERO excuse for being on #1 PP unit and 0 PPG. He pulled that in 2012-13 and had 0 that year too.
I would switch him and Brown and put him in front of the goal, forcing him to actually do something.
It's pitiful you have to change structure, to make a 12 million (paid 12 mil this year) player that is your
captain to push himself to perform to the level he's paid and expected to play and lead.

Get Carter off PP and PK. He's stagnant and part of the problem too on both PP and PK.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Honestly ZERO excuse for being on #1 PP unit and 0 PPG. He pulled that in 2012-13 and had 0 that year too.
I would switch him and Brown and put him in front of the goal, forcing him to actually do something.
It's pitiful you have to change structure, to make a 12 million (paid 12 mil this year) player that is your
captain to push himself to perform to the level he's paid and expected to play and lead.

Get Carter off PP and PK. He's stagnant and part of the problem too on both PP and PK.
that whole first unit just needs to be outright demoted imo

that's about as gentle of a point as you can send to a group of players

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Why did you ask if Ovechkin died? I assumed (maybe incorrectly) you were inferring that he is generational but the post you quoted was talking specifically about there not being any generational defense men right now.

He was talking about the term generational.

Edit : you're right. He said defenseman. My bad.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I don’t buy the team being checked out or anything to do with emotions. The issue is first skill and second talent. Kopitar was never the most skilled player and he’s demonstrated that he doesn’t make anyone who plugs in on his line an automatic threat. I think we’ll be lucky if he’s a good 2c for half his remaining contract.

Holy f***, now I've heard it all,

Next, Quick is just a systems goalie, and Doughty, just an emotional plug....

Cmon man, keep it together, posting absolute drivel like that is nonsense.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Oh come on. So he lost it in 175 days? From Hart trophy finalist to not a top 50 skater. I disagree. As I said, he still has it. If he lost it then every King player has lost it.
you're just not understanding the argument

list of skaters he picks today

kopi is not on the list of skaters he picks today

like it or not a players value goes up and down with every game, resting on laurels means nothing as the record shows

DoktorJeep

Fair winds and following seas Nikolai.
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Holy ****, now I've heard it all,

Next, Quick is just a systems goalie, and Doughty, just an emotional plug....

Cmon man, keep it together, posting absolute drivel like that is nonsense.

You’re drinking purple koolaid past it’s expiration date.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Oh come on. So he lost it in 175 days? From Hart trophy finalist to not a top 50 skater. I disagree. As I said, he still has it. If he lost it then every King player has lost it.

I agree. So f***ing sick of people picking players' literal lowest point after an entire career of dominance to make an evaluation of who they truly are as a player. It's just dishonest.

Wish we could have gotten Nylander after his 1 point in 17 games, he's worse than Tanner Pearson!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad