Rumor: KINGS 2018-19 Season- Luc/Rob ****Show/ Sell Everyone!! Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
I see MacDermid as Phaneuf's replacement. Blake should do whatever it takes to rid this team Phaneuf at the TDL, even if it means retaining 50% of that contract. It might even be necessary to send over a 7th or 6th round pick for that other team doing us a favor. I wouldn't deal a higher pick than 6th or 7th, however.

MacDermid will sign elsewhere this summer. And while he could easily play the same role to the same effect as Phaneuf, it will cost a hell of a lot more than a late pick and salary retention to move what might be the worst regular defenseman in the NHL who is under contract for two more seasons.

Reactions: deaderhead28

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
MacDermid will sign elsewhere this summer. And while he could easily play the same role to the same effect as Phaneuf, it will cost a hell of a lot more than a late pick and salary retention to move what might be the worst regular defenseman in the NHL who is under contract for two more seasons.
honestly that's what i see happening too

what a waste of a defenseman.. this org wasted so many years of his career for absolutely nothing

i don't claim him to be the solution to our problems but he should've been at a bare minimum the 7D for a long time

Reactions: Reaper45

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
honestly that's what i see happening too

what a waste of a defenseman.. this org wasted so many years of his career for absolutely nothing

i don't claim him to be the solution to our problems but he should've been at a bare minimum the 7D for a long time

Cmon.....seriously? Based on what? His stellar junior career? Or his outstanding AHL career?

Wasted so many years of his career? Because looking for a #5-#6 while icing Folin, Fantenberg, Ladue, Gravel, Gilbert, if he can't beat out that, he's just not that good...

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Please explain how that will happen when he is under contract with the Kings next season.

Reactions: efhank

Rekingsfan17

Aug 23, 2017
All look like they could make the NHL, but none of them - Clague included - are high-end prospects.

The organization badly needs a high-end defensive prospect who projects to be more than 3-6 on a depth chart.

I love having Kupari but I felt like Ryan Merkley was the best player available at our 2018 First round pick. I had Merkley at #7 and Kupari at #12 on my personal list. Merkley would have filled our top-end defensive prospect in time for us to make the playoffs in 2 or 3 years. His passing and zone entry is elite.

It would be awesome if by some miracle we get Kaapo Kakko in the upcoming draft. I like Kupari and Kakko's chemistry.......

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I love having Kupari but I felt like Ryan Merkley was the best player available at our 2018 First round pick. I had Merkley at #7 and Kupari at #12 on my personal list. Merkley would have filled our top-end defensive prospect in time for us to make the playoffs in 2 or 3 years. His passing and zone entry is elite.

It would be awesome if by some miracle we get Kaapo Kakko in the upcoming draft. I like Kupari and Kakko's chemistry.......

I am so glad the Kings didn't draft Merkley.

Peter James Bond II

"Man, we were right there" - De-Luc-sional
Mar 5, 2015
All look like they could make the NHL, but none of them - Clague included - are high-end prospects.

The organization badly needs a high-end defensive prospect who projects to be more than 3-6 on a depth chart.

Some rate Michael Anderson one of the top 5 D in college right now and he does not even turn 20 until May 25. He played with and against high end d prospects at WJC in December - Quinn Hughes, Evan Bouchard, Brannstrom and was as good as they were if not better. If he's a little shy of them offensively, he makes up for it with smarts, poise, hockey sense, defensive play, dependability and leadership. Coaches put him on the ice when game is on the line and against the other teams best. And he's good offensively. Team USA teammates and Rangers #1 draftee K'Andre Miller and #32 overall (first selection rd 2, 2018) Sabres draftee Mattias Sammuelsson seriously didn't even look like they belonged on the ice with Anderson - Mikey is legit. If he signs, do not be shocked* if he makes the Kings opening night. Although I suspect he will be in Ontario.

Clague has been making strides and is playing better. He is legit. Voted top WHL defenseman last year. Big jump to AHL. Most defensemen take 2 or more yrs in AHL....or that they played in Liiga or SHL, some of them have a year of AHL...Voynov played 3 full years of AHL.

* Other I claims made:::: Summer 2017 - do not be surprised if Iafallo and Fantenberg make the Kings. Hope that is searchable. Posted this before camp even. Not sure if I got a response.
* Do not be surprised if JAD makes the team - Summer 2018. He did and was sent back after 9 games. Some replied "No, maybe next year"
* Carter will never play the last 2 years of his contract. Posted November 2018, after Hoven tweeted that look for Carter to fetch a #1 and a top prospect if traded, he's on a very favorble contract. My response tweet: Carter will not fetch a #1 pick and his contract is actually bad - he will never play the last 2 years of it...and don't be surprised if this is his last year" I then posted the same here November. Some scoffed at me.
* Posted about 2 weeks ago here "Brown will not be a first line player on Kings next year..line 2 or maybe even line 3". Got one immediate scoff response.

I am not saying Mikey Anderson signs and starts opening night with Kings...I stated "I wouldn't be shocked if that happens"

Last edited:

member 88115

Out of all the Dmen in Ontario, MacDermid is the most deserving of a call up. Not that it means much, since they all have been inconsistent (except Walker). One thing I have noticed is how big of a hole he leaves when not on ice. Like the Friday game, he does not play and Ontario gets scored on seven times. Comes back the next day and the team only gives up two. I have seen many occasions MacDermid go to the box for a fight or penalty (matching minors) and Ontario immediately gets scored on. He gets back on the ice and they get their head back together. Its very freaking odd.

Reactions: efhank and lumbergh

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Some rate Michael Anderson one of the top 5 D in college right now and he does not even turn 20 until May 25. He played with and against high end d prospects at WJC in December - Quinn Hughes, Evan Bouchard, Brannstrom and was as good as they were if not better. If he's a little shy of them offensively, he makes up for it with smarts, poise, hockey sense, defensive play, dependability and leadership. Coaches put him on the ice when game is on the line and against the other teams best. And he's good offensively. Team USA teammates and Rangers #1 draftee K'Andre Miller and #32 overall (first selection rd 2, 2018) Sabres draftee Mattias Sammuelsson seriously didn't even look like they belonged on the ice with Anderson - Mikey is legit. If he signs, do not be shocked* if he makes the Kings opening night. Although I suspect he will be in Ontario.

Clague has been making strides and is playing better. He is legit. Voted top WHL defenseman last year. Big jump to AHL. Most defensemen take 2 or more yrs in AHL....or that they played in Liiga or SHL, some of them have a year of AHL...Voynov played 3 full years of AHL.

* Other shock claims made:::: Summer 2017 - do not be surprised if Iafallo and Fantenberg make the Kings. Hope that is searchable. Posted this before camp even. Not sure if I got a response.
* Do not be surprised if JAD makes the team - Summer 2018. He did and was sent back after 9 games. Some replied "No, maybe next year"
* Carter will never play the last 2 years of his contract. Posted November 2018, after Hoven tweeted that look for Carter to fetch a #1 and a top prospect if traded, he's on a very favorble contract. My response tweet: Carter will not fetch a #1 pick and his contract is actually bad - he will never play the last 2 years of it...and don't be surprised if this is his last year" I then posted the same here November. Some scoffed at me.
* Posted about 2 weeks ago here "Brown will not be a first line player on Kings next year..line 2 or maybe even line 3". Got one immediate scoff response.

I am not saying Mikey Anderson signs and starts opening night with Kings...I stated "I wouldn't be shocked if that happens"

Hate to burst your bubble Nostradamus, but you realize the ONLY reason JAD made the roster out of camp was because of sooo many injuries right?

TruKingFan

Two-Time Cup Winner
Aug 16, 2004
Beachfront

We have one signed for $11M per year (gag) for the next 8 years starting 2019-2020. That's not enough?

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
Campbell gets the start in net once again.

Interesting. If Quick was ill, and continues to not be well enough to play, why is he practicing? Shouldn't he be taking it easy to recover faster? I hope this is a sign that the Kings don't want Quick injured because there are potential deal(s) available that can be closed this week.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

Clagues development so far mirrors Josh Morrissey to a ridiculous degree. Dont be surprised if Clague becomes a solid #1 D like Morrissey, very similar players.

AzKing

Feb 4, 2019
Newport Coast, CA
Interesting. If Quick was ill, and continues to not be well enough to play, why is he practicing? Shouldn't he be taking it easy to recover faster? I hope this is a sign that the Kings don't want Quick injured because there are potential deal(s) available that can be closed this week.

It is odd that he is practicing. If someone is ill enough not to play then he should be resting.

dman3474

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 21, 2009
L.A.
I kept refreshing my twitter feed yesterday and hoped to see "Quick traded"

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Clagues development so far mirrors Josh Morrissey to a ridiculous degree. Dont be surprised if Clague becomes a solid #1 D like Morrissey, very similar players.

If Clague turns into Morrisey I'll eat any hat of your choosing.

But maybe I'm way too high on Morrissey.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
Right now the Kings need a D that can legitimately quarterback a number 1 pp unit. Drew is NOT it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad