Rumor: KINGS 2018-19 Season- Luc/Rob ****Show/ Sell Everyone!! Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I'd say to qualify as a bust, he'd have to be out of the NHL or just struggle to stay in the league. I guess a major disappointment is more apt, especially when you look at who was selected afterwards. Same applies with the Hickey pick. Now Colten Teubert, that is a monumental bust.

I also would call him a disappointment too.Just thought his play would've been better by now. He's an average dman at best. The Kings put too much time and money into him to expose him in the expansion draft which is probably why they took him over McNabb .

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Hoping Panarin signs in LA is akin to hoping Briere or Drury would sign in LA in the summer of 2007.

FWIW, both guy were from the east coast and it was widely known , just like Chara that they didn't was to move west because of the travel. I think it was more media than anything else about playing in LA.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Doughty is terrible on the PP, and when you don't really have a legit QB on the point it's hard to have a great PP.

Doughty's PP struggles are the reason he won't be considered a top 10 d-man of all-time, if his play on the PP was anywhere close to the rest of his game he would be Ray Bourque caliber, but for some reason the ability to effectively play on the PP just never happened for Drew.

He's on record saying how he rarely looks up when he shoots. The guys on the team will back this up, and many have said they have no idea where the puck will go when he shoots.:laugh:

Peter James Bond II

"Man, we were right there" - De-Luc-sional
Mar 5, 2015

Sens, Phily, Mtl scouting the Reign game????

I don't get why any teams would be looking at Kings minor league players...the only ones worth anything are Grundstrom, Clague, Brickley and Petersen....perhaps Brodzinski. (but should not judge him by first game in a year)

Nothing makes sense, as those are part of the Kings future and not really available....unless there's some crazy level thing talked about - crazy like Kings #1 2019 and Petersen (or Clague) for Duchene or Stone? Not saying I would do that, but nothing really makes sense, except something crazy. The players in Ontario would have to be some kind of package deal.

Last edited:

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Brodzinski is actually Scott Parse, change my mind

Could tend to agree from what I've seen as well..except from the work he did coming into camp,
could make a lot of difference. He deserves a shot, based on this. Added muscle. Massive fat loss, from 18% to 4% and dropping 12 lbs. That's pretty impressive. So he's not the player we have seen, if he's quicker and stronger. Need to see what he can do now. 30 points in 29 Reign games on a crappy team is impressive and he's now done this off ice work. I want to see this best version of him.

#LAKings prospect @brodzy told me – "I've been preparing like this is the biggest camp of my life. I'm down 12 lbs & added a bunch of muscle. Came into camp last year w/ about 18% body fat, down 4% now. Hopefully I'm a little bit quicker, a little bit more conditioned right away"
— The Mayor John Hoven (@mayorNHL) September 14, 2018

LA Kings 2019 Midseason Prospect Rankings: No. 7

riznat

Nov 19, 2005
Lake Tahoe
Could tend to agree from what I've seen as well..except from the work he did coming into camp,
could make a lot of difference. He deserves a shot, based on this. Added muscle. Massive fat loss, from 18% to 4% and dropping 12 lbs. That's pretty impressive. So he's not the player we have seen, if he's quicker and stronger. Need to see what he can do now. 30 points in 29 Reign games on a crappy team is impressive and he's now done this off ice work. I want to see this best version of him.

#LAKings prospect @brodzy told me – "I've been preparing like this is the biggest camp of my life. I'm down 12 lbs & added a bunch of muscle. Came into camp last year w/ about 18% body fat, down 4% now. Hopefully I'm a little bit quicker, a little bit more conditioned right away"
— The Mayor John Hoven (@mayorNHL) September 14, 2018

LA Kings 2019 Midseason Prospect Rankings: No. 7
Maybe all that fat was protecting his shoulder? I keep a layer of fat on me for protection and it seems to work.

All joking aside, that must be hard mentally to work through. Putting in all that work, then get injured immediately and out for most of the season.

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
The only guys I can see being looked at in Ontario are Clague, Luff, Rempal, maybe Brickley. Kings don’t seem keen on giving up any of them.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
The only guys I can see being looked at in Ontario are Clague, Luff, Rempal, maybe Brickley. Kings don’t seem keen on giving up any of them.

And Grundstrom. Scored again last night and an assist. 6 games, 3 goals, 4 assists 7 points.
Speaking of Brodzinski, scored a goal first game back last night. Of course Blake is not shoppng
these kids...but trying to deal Carter, Hagelin and possibly Martinez, Quick, Kovalchuk, Toffoli,
based on offers. Since the Sens are apparently shopping Duchene, Stone, and Dzingel, it's not out of the realm they contacted Blake to see any interest...and I am sure they do not want Kovalchuk, Carter, Hagelin, Quick, Martinez....they would want a #1 pick, (Ontario players) Petersen, Campbell, Clague, Luff, Grundstrom, etc. (and others like Jad, Thomas, Kupari, Anderson)

Blake could be interested, based on the right mix. If rumors are true the Kings are interested in Panarin, that would show the Kings are trying to get legit top talent and may not be all in for picks and prospects...and if you want a top 6 forward, you don't get to choose among dozens - but who is available at any given time.

Last edited:
Reactions: LAKings88

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Still don't understand the hope/appeal others have in Brodzinski.

He is 10 months younger than Toffoli and has 8 points in 41 NHL games. As a sniper who has a legit NHL release, that's not encouraging.

No Name The Nameless

Feb 15, 2019
Tornado Alley
Just burn this thing down and start over. Nothing is worse than mediocre hockey. Well, that's not true. Mediocre and BORING hockey is worse. The Kings have done a phenominal job at turning me into an avid fan to stat watcher.

Every year I pay for Center Ice and every year I find myself barely watching after completely losing interest in the losing. This team has no identity. The composition makes zero sense. They need a young guy to add excitement. If not one guy then they need a team that adds excitement in the way that they play. They need something to light a fire to the fans and the players on the ice.

The Kings need to Crap and the Get Off The Pot.
Trade Quick, Carter, Hagelin, Lewis

Keep Toffoli and re-evaluate him in the offseason.
Keep Kovy and re-evaluate in the offseason.
Keep Kopitar (unless someone is willing to trade value)
Keep DD
Keep AMart unless someone offers a 2nd and a prospect (they need a vet dman)

Play vets and young players unless it's stunting their development. If the young guys are not ready then call up the old guys being stashed in the minors.

Tank.
I don't care about creating a losing enviornment. That's why I condone playing the junk vets. The Kings need a top 3 pick. It's not a question. The Kings NEED that high pick. If they don't get one then we might as well just not show up to games for the next 5 years.

goosh

Nov 25, 2010
Not to harp on Mayor too much, but he projected the Kings having Brodzinski on the roster next year over Leipsic. Would make zero sense. Leipsic is way better and is actually younger by about a year. Plus he's an RFA whereas Brodzinski will be a UFA.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I guess Carter is back tonight. With that, Amadio sits. Wagner is just lucky there isn't an extra veteran to put in. Not that Wagner will play more than 8 minutes.

Was there anything noticeable that happened to Martinez last game? Apparently he'll be out 1-2 weeks.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
I guess Carter is back tonight. With that, Amadio sits. Wagner is just lucky there isn't an extra veteran to put in. Not that Wagner will play more than 8 minutes.

Was there anything noticeable that happened to Martinez last game? Apparently he'll be out 1-2 weeks.

That might put a spanner in the works for any trade

Reactions: deaderhead28

AzKing

Feb 4, 2019
Newport Coast, CA
The Panarin rumors don't seem to make sense from a business standpoint. Would the Kings really want to tie up such a huge part of the cap to Doughty, Kopitar and Panarin? Add in Carter and Quick and that's 5 guys making a big chunk of money. The Kings really should be setting themselves up through the draft and freeing up money to use when they are in a better state.

Also, why would Panarin want to re-sign with the Kings in their current state? He can go anywhere. At 27, his window is right now and he won't get the chance again to go to a team that is setup to win for awhile and be a part of it before he hits the other side of 30. There will be no shortage of suitors for his services.

Matt13

Jul 9, 2004
Sens, Phily, Mtl scouting the Reign game????

I don't get why any teams would be looking at Kings minor league players...the only ones worth anything are Grundstrom, Clague, Brickley and Petersen....perhaps Brodzinski. (but should not judge him by first game in a year)

I don't get why any teams would be looking at Kings minor league players...

The assumption is they are scouting the Reign, but there are two teams on the ice and Ontario has an airport that is 5 minutes away. Very nice place to fly in and out of.

BallPointHammer

Los Angeles Kings - We're Back!
Oct 25, 2006
Maryland
Kings need picks, prospects and a handful of vets for leadership.

Kings need to get rid of term and dollars now so that it's available when the right players in the right boxes need it. And absolutely no ridiculous free agent signings. (such as in 7-8 yr x 7-10 mil AAV for guys over 25-26) In your prime is 23-24 to 28-29 not 27 to already over 30.

Kings need the right coach to groom a young roster into an aggressive, fast, tough team with its own identity.

Reactions: AzKing

AzKing

Feb 4, 2019
Newport Coast, CA
If Panarin wants to come to LA you sign him. He’s elite and fun to watch. Everything you could hope for in Hughes or Kaako.

At $10 million/year for 7 years for a 27 year old guy that even if he is fun to watch won't get you that much closer to a Cup? You would be tying up almost $30 million of your cap in 3 players.

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
At $10 million/year for 7 years for a 27 year old guy that even if he is fun to watch won't get you that much closer to a Cup? You would be tying up almost $30 million of your cap in 3 players.
Most teams do. The guy is dynamic. Shed excess elsewhere. Carter, Lewis, Quick, Amart, Phaneuf, Toffoli, Kovy, are what is eating up space. Quick at least is serviceable. That’s how you shed salary. Panarin is at least worth the contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad