Post-Game Talk: Killa Cam, yo

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

member 116805

he was great on that play but stepan still isnt getting involved for a full 60 minutes. kreider and Zucc are working every shift. I like stepan but he hasnt been consistent yet despite getting points

This. Stepan is not skating like a star. 1st line center (like he was last year)

member 116805

It was Stefan that created that goal.
All Stepan had to do was shoot it.

my point, one turnover does not make a game (or a season).
Good move to cause to turn the turnover, he got the goal served, but his game in total tonight was not up to his standards. BUt yeah, im a zucc fan boy lol.

Wolfy*

Honestly the Zucc fanboys are just hilarious in the lengths they will go to. This is a NY Rangers message board not a Mats Zuccarello board.

Oh shut up.

He was the 1st Star of the game, of course he deserves some nice words, thats only natural.

Just like a ton of Lundqvist fanposts every time he plays great, but I guess that's okay with you...

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Oh shut up.

He was the 1st Star of the game, of course he deserves some nice words, thats only natural.

Just like a ton of Lundqvist fanposts every time he plays great, but I guess that's okay with you...

Zucca played well but some are making it out to be like he's carrying Stepan/Kreider.

All 3 complement each other well.

member 116805

Zucca played well but some are making it out to be like he's carrying Stepan/Kreider.

All 3 complement each other well.

no, him and kreider did. like they have done most games

Wolfy*

Team wins 2-0, fans argue. :laugh:

Yeah, how silly is that.

Btw, here's what Stepan told nhl.com about the goal..

It's amazing how [Mats Zuccarello] is able to make those plays, and he does that on a regular basis," Stepan said. "I was just the beneficiary of a good pass tonight.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Yeah, how silly is that.

What else is he going to say? "Oh Zucca made a good pass but that play doesn't happen without my great defensive play."

Boom Boom Geoffrion*

Pyatt: Del Zotto is just total garbage

Still hate Del Zotto... almost more than I hate Chico

Del Zotto had a good game. Take your hater goggles off and be an adult when evaluating a players performance. Unless you don't want to be taken seriously, that is.

nope, still the weakest link on his line. His goal was handed to him, had no choice but to score

He has been the weakest link on the line since it was put together.
And no, Stepan is not his old self

my point, one turnover does not make a game (or a season).
Good move to cause to turn the turnover, he got the goal served, but his game in total tonight was not up to his standards. BUt yeah, im a zucc fan boy lol.

The **** did I just read? You can't be serious with this crap? :facepalm:

Yeah Stepan scored an open net goal, puck served on a silver plate by Zucc. And how grateful Stepan was, who has struggled a bit.

Yeah, how silly is that.

Stepan should have gotten a goal and an assist on that play, because without his smart and well timed read there wouldn't have even been a freaking scoring opportunity.

What the hell is up with this PGT? Am I missing something? :dunce:

ponzu4u

Feb 27, 2013
Honestly, though scared to say it owing to our repeatedly noted habits of overreaction and perhaps exaggeration, I need to point out a series of plays McDonagh made near his net during the 3rd period tonight. First, he used his body positioning perfectly, somehow managing to hit the rushing Nashville player, who looked to have at least a step on McD, both separating and shielding the player away from the puck. Then, before the announcers could even finish complimenting McD on the maneuver, he gains control of the puck behind the blue line on the other side of the net, and, cool as ice, threads a perfect pass between the sticks of the two approaching Nashville forecheckers and directly onto the tape of the Ranger forward; single hand-idly snuffing Nashville's rush before creating and executing a near perfect defensive zone exit.

And suddenly, at this moment, with a jolt something like a piss shiver, I found myself struck with the realization that Ryan McDonagh's ceiling could, possibly, actually be somewhere in the neighborhood of, yep I'm going to say it, none other than Nicholas mother *** Lidstrom. Now clearly, Lidstrom is one of, if not, THE greatest defensemen to ever play the game, and I'm definitely not saying McDonagh will or is even likely to ever achieve even near that level of greatness. But, as I watch McDonagh's game develop, and in particular the growing confidence in his offensive game, the overall package and style of play just screams Lidstrom to me.(again, granted, not now or likely ever reaching that level). Now, considering the level of play the kid started his NHL career playing at, his subsequent impressive development curve, and his still young age, and triggered by witnessing of more and more plays like the one mentioned above, I find myself firmly of the belief that Ryan McDonagh has the potential to become one of the best defensemen of his generation and possibly more. He'll never be super flashy or deliver a ton of crushing hits, but he's already an A+ defender with good size, great skating, and what seem to be fast approaching top of the charts defensive instincts. The future is incredibly bright for MacTruck and seeing that play I just got too excited not to share with you guys.

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
Del Zotto had a good game. Take your hater goggles off and be an adult when evaluating a players performance. Unless you don't want to be taken seriously, that is.

The **** did I just read? You can't be serious with this crap? :facepalm:

Stepan should have gotten a goal and an assist on that play, because without his smart and well timed read there wouldn't have even been a freaking scoring opportunity.

What the hell is up with this PGT? Am I missing something? :dunce:

I mean, I think it's fair to say that Stepan isn't playing as well as he did last year, and even that right now, Kreider and Zuccarello are adding more to the line (although that's in large part because of just how good the wingers have been). But that goal? All Stepan.

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
Ohh I love these

Whos there?

i-02d601005a913d640c0dabd1d8419409-Boom.gif

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Ryan McDonagh had one of the best defensive games I can recall...those subtle outlet passes that trap the D are just amazing to watch...everyones converging on him, he does a tiny little pass right in front of the net, springs a 4 on 3 rush heading the other way. he's just so damn good to watch. Should be a Norris nominee imho.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad