Prospect Info: Kevin Korchinski, 7th Overall, 2022 NHL Draft

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Just think about it this way. CHI used a 7th and 13th overall pick on Nazar and Korchinski. Does the order really matter? Naaaaaaaaaaah.
Find it hilarious if you switch their draft positions (Nazar at 7 and Korchinski at 13) some Hawks fans on this board would be cool with those picks.

Unless this kid becomes Chelios or Keith he's going to always be compared to Debrincat. A defenseman prospect whose bad at defense. Classic Blackhawks.
Anybody who compares these two totally different players should be call stupid. I can understand if the Hawks took a winger but not a defensemen.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Initially, you think a bit of a reach here, but they loved his skating and ability to rush the puck over the blueline.....if they were married to that type of player in this spot, than it's a good pic, but since we got Nazar at 15, I feel it needs to be looked at in tandem and together it's a nice combo addition to the org.

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
This felt like KD watched the playoffs, got horned up by Makar’s skating and dynamism, and tried to find a poor man’s version. I hope he projects to be something similar. You need incredibly mobile defenders these days.

WarLax

Apr 17, 2016
Why No. 7 NHL draft pick Kevin Korchinski has 'unparalleled potential'

This article is from June, soooo before the Hawks took him and the writers could subsequently trash him (lol).

Really long and detailed, kid sounds like he could be a good one.

A quote from his junior coach:

"You know what, a day off is probably better for you right now,” La Forge often found himself telling Korchinski.

“He came in here with a mindset that he’s not going to leave any stone unturned,” La Forge added. “He was on the ice extra, he was in the weight room extra, and he was doing everything he could to help himself down the road. The runway is only good if you use it and he actually put himself to work on it. He’s a great kid. He’s a lot of fun to be around. He’s very motivated but not in a me-first way. And it’s not a job for him, he loves it. He enjoys coming to the rink, he’s great with his teammates, and he has been a captain at lower levels for a reason.”

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Why No. 7 NHL draft pick Kevin Korchinski has 'unparalleled potential'

This article is from June, soooo before the Hawks took him and the writers could subsequently trash him (lol).

Really long and detailed, kid sounds like he could be a good one.

A quote from his junior coach:

"You know what, a day off is probably better for you right now,” La Forge often found himself telling Korchinski.

“He came in here with a mindset that he’s not going to leave any stone unturned,” La Forge added. “He was on the ice extra, he was in the weight room extra, and he was doing everything he could to help himself down the road. The runway is only good if you use it and he actually put himself to work on it. He’s a great kid. He’s a lot of fun to be around. He’s very motivated but not in a me-first way. And it’s not a job for him, he loves it. He enjoys coming to the rink, he’s great with his teammates, and he has been a captain at lower levels for a reason.”
Sounds like high work ethic.

Love to see it.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Excellent pick.

He is not Makar. No one is. But he is the type of D you need in the top 4 in todays nhl. He moves the puck easily and skates very well. I think he is going to be fine defensively because he just keeps improving and improving in all areas.
Pierre dropped a Shea Theodore comp for him...Accurate? Obviously best case scenario

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
So if he progresses as planned... what's a realistic timeline for when we see Korchinski at the NHL level?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad