Prospect Info: Kevin Korchinski, 7th Overall, 2022 NHL Draft

elvisisalive

Feb 20, 2007
Be bad for years? The team was already on that track thanks to the previous moron. At least this guy is trying something.

I don’t necessarily agree with it, but I’d take this over bowman
agreed bowman destroyed this team, but doing something for the sake of doing something is no way to build a team. the idea would have been to get younger faster. that means trading away the older players, not 21 and 24 year olds . Beyond stupid .

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Nazar helps soften the blow for Musto's devastating day today with his boys Strome and Dach leaving. Unfortunately for us, we will now have to hear Musto fanboy about him alot in the upcoming years. Yay us.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Considering the analytics absolutely adore this guy, I don’t think it’s shocking he was picked since I’m positive Davidson is an analytics guy.

The Hobgoblin

Sep 6, 2011
Unless this kid becomes Chelios or Keith he's going to always be compared to Debrincat. A defenseman prospect whose bad at defense. Classic Blackhawks.

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
But it is not just Korchinsji forD-Cat..it is Korchonski + who we take at #39 plus who we take with the Ottawa 3d on 2024...so What if we take Trikozov at #39 and then take a stud goalie with the Ottawa 3rd rounder in 2024..how can you know how it all works out 6-7 years volt?
Plusvitbisctge cap cost we can use for other assets to be infused...

Sure Ottawa wins now ...but itbis not D-Cat for just Korchonski..

You may also have to factor in the effect all this has on getting Kanecto waive and we getvavhaul back and Toews to pkay 1 final yr before retiring and maybe hecwaivesxatvthexTDL forv2 kadt Cup run as a rental and we getcsonecassetvfor hom.

You need to add up alk the effects not "just" Korchonski.

Plus alk this JELPS is in our Tank for Bedard probability!

It is part of Davidson announced re-build...teardown...howevervyou want to describe it..

As forcKorchonski...he isxa darkingbofvthexanLytics gurus for his top tier zone exiyscandczobe entries...plus clearly an assist machine on D..

If hexwss thatcterfoblebon D ,Seattkexwoukd never have gonecas farcasctheyvdodvin thecW&L pkayoffs..

As forcweak shot...yesvonlyv4 goalsvin reg sesson..but 4 goals in 15 pkayoff games...

On the TV coveragevifvtgecdraft they said he has a bomb of a shot but they want tovsee him use it more.. so it may in fact nor be a eal shot but rather that he just did not use it enough.

In any case hevisvoeobably 2-3yearsxawY for being ready to compete forcanNHL spitvon the Hawks..His shotvuse coukd increase and he could score a lot more goals..the key is that he moves the puck out with his exits and hecentersctgevo-zobexwith easexand control..that isxwhy Davidson and Dobeghy targeted him..

BLKHKhockey

Aug 28, 2009
I like the playing styles of both picks. Hopefully they turn out to be impactful players.

A super-mobile D who can skate or pass the puck out of the zone. If he is lacking defensively, hopefully Luke can coach him up if/when he makes the team.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
My best advice for Korchinski is to watch tape on Ian Mitchell and mold his game to compliment him

Guaranteed spot on the top pairing

• Haha
Reactions: Pertti

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
My best advice for Korchinski is to watch tape on Ian Mitchell and mold his game to compliment him

Guaranteed spot on the top pairing
1657247189023.png

Darkstar

Nov 3, 2007
Denver, CO
The kid is a great skater and playmaker, but he also needs to make better decisions and needs a lot of work in his own end. Hopefully coaching and maturity will cure that. High upside but not sure if he's a 1st pairing guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad