Prospect Info: Kevin Korchinski, 7th Overall, 2022 NHL Draft

Cubs2024wildcard

Korchinski for AHL All Star LOL
Apr 29, 2015
Barely anyone had Mo Seider going that high. Taking him 3rd wouldve been a big head scratcher, this is all hindsight
Well taking Dach at 3 was a head scratcher, just saying.

Good thing Yzerman listened to his scouts instead of MacKenzie, Button, and the internet, yes?

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017

Good thing Yzerman listened to his scouts instead of MacKenzie, Button, and the internet, yes?
I mean Bowman also listened to his scouts considering they released a video series where they had a camera crew following them while they were making the decision on who to take.

Cubs2024wildcard

Korchinski for AHL All Star LOL
Apr 29, 2015
I mean Bowman also listened to his scouts considering they released a video series where they had a camera crew following them while they were making the decision on who to take.
Good thing those scouts are not a part of the organization then.

Not that Davidson has done too much so far outside of trading away two NHL talents for magic beans.....

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
I too like to use the power of hindsight to prove that I'm a better scout than those who get paid to be scouts.

I'm just happy that I make so much off my hockey knowledge because I have a super lucrative twitch account that I'm not ever going to show any of you.

giza

Jul 19, 2011

If memory serves, Dach was expected to go from 3-7. Cousins has worked out well for Buffalo, but he seemed to lack hockey sense his draft year. Dach's skill and size suggested he go earlier than later. Turcotte's been a surprising bust and Kakko has to be considered a disappointment going #2 overall....Dach, as a winger, if he can stay healthy, could very well prove to be a decent 3rd overall.

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
If memory serves, Dach was expected to go from 3-7. Cousins has worked out well for Buffalo, but he seemed to lack hockey sense his draft year. Dach's skill and size suggested he go earlier than later. Turcotte's been a surprising bust and Kakko has to be considered a disappointment going #2 overall....Dach, as a winger, if he can stay healthy, could very well prove to be a decent 3rd overall.
Unfortunately staying healthy seems like something that just isn’t going to happen

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Korchinski only 3a in 11GP and -10...that tracks to -72 if he plays 82 games..

I would suggest forvtgecsakevof not ruining his belief in his ability with such a devadtingky bad plus minus projection esoecialkyvatvhuscyoungvage,that they only play him occasionally till tge Workd Juniors...let him re-gain his confidence back playing in the WJHC -u20 and then send him back to juniors ..where Seattle can trade him to a contendercNdvhe can star again the rest of the year...Over the summer morecweightvroom Nd battle drills. ...maybe he cones back next season more "ready" ...because now projectingbto -72 just is not acceptable under any circumstances...Maybec they bring up EdM who seems to be doing fine e in Rockford..

I am not anti-Korchinski...but clearly he is nowhere near ready for the NHL in suppressing goals or offensive impact...plus anyone sadded with $9.5 and his flaws with the exception of Vlasic is going to get exposed.

Get the kid ott xhere before he loses all confidence in his ability to cut it as anything but just another guy at the nhl level...rushing him before he is cready makes zero sense to me.

They camnot send him to the AHL to learn to defend betterxanf build up his physicality ..so either they risk the -72 trajectory or they send him to Workd Jrs and then back to the WHl for the rest of tjhis season..then even next season he should be in the AHL..

OF KK was mitigating the defensive coverage by compensating with any great offensive output to help the team...then maybe the argument for his staying woukd have merit...but offensively too he is just anotherguy level of impact..

Last edited:

Cold Steel on Ice

Feb 12, 2020
The Hawks very rarely have sustained offensive zone play.This leads to more time defending.KK is a work in progress no doubt and his lack of man strength is a bit of an issue but being able to learn from Richardson daily will pay off down the road.Let’s see what he is at 22.I know at 19 I certainly wasn’t anywhere near or close to being at the top of my profession.I would assume most of the critics here were the same.

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
Korchinski and Jones were horrible against the Devils.
Murf was Murf.

Kaiser and Vlasic were okay. Not great, but not as bad as those others.

Darkstar

Nov 3, 2007
Denver, CO
Korchinski is a bust.

The quicker people understand that the better.
thatsenough.gif

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
who ever gets paired with murph is going to be a under water. he is just not a top 4 d. way to slow. he can block shots and is not bad on the PK and in the zone. but he cannot get the puck out of the zone and is to slow on retrievals and getting back into the D zone and the O zone. the off plays 4 on 5 when he is on the ice.

Ad

Ad

Ad