Value of: Kevin Fiala

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
change it to
mittlestadt
2022 1st (buffalo)

for

fiala
MN 2022 1st
mcbain

and id do it, otherwise i feel like we can get a better 1st elsewhere.

Is the thinking that the Devils would make a lot of sense? Something like Fiala and a 1st for 4th overall?

My thinking was a young center who could play top-6 immediately would be more important than a draft pick 2 seasons away.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Is the thinking that the Devils would make a lot of sense? Something like Fiala and a 1st for 4th overall?

My thinking was a young center who could play top-6 immediately would be more important than a draft pick 2 seasons away.
Ottawa's the other one that might be sniffing around.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Ottawa's the other one that might be sniffing around.

Yep. I think they will want to get rid of White and Murray before making the big investment in Fiala, but that would be a likely suspect. Cheers.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
aa is a former 30 goal scorer Strand has proven he can play nhl min with top 4 upside on a cheap contract .grunderson is a cheap bottom 6 player who is on elc contract. I can see you not liking the offer but its hardly a nothing offer either you dont see enuff hockey outside ur team whatever the issue is i think ur mistaken on there value
You can't be serious I think you are the one that is severely mistaken about value. A bunch of worthless crap is not going to get you Fiala.

Last edited:

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
You can't be serious I think you are the one that is severely mistaken about value. A bunch of worthless crap is not going to get you Fiala.
It not worthless i can't disagree more . AA is a speedy goal scorer with great hands Strand is a top 4 defense man and Grundstrom is a bottom 6 player with some upside all of this has value,. I get u may not want them fine but all 3 are nhl player by any standard.

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
It not worthless i can't disagree more . AA is a speedy goal scorer with great hands Strand is a top 4 defense man and Grundstrom is a bottom 6 player with some upside all of this has value,. I get u may not want them fine but all 3 are nhl player by any standard.

Always you with the trash offers like almost troll level. Wild aren't trading fiala for 4th line aa/ ahl player. And nobody in strand. Don't you get tired of this?

Reactions: bsu

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
Always you with the trash offers like almost troll level. Wild aren't trading fiala for 4th line aa/ ahl player. And nobody in strand. Don't you get tired of this?
nope dont you get tired of trying to troll me ? Your the one trying to get a reaction out of me. You dont like me fine you have that right but there is a ignore button for a reason Try using it before trolling just a suggestion. Stay classy have a nice day

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
nope dont you get tired of trying to troll me ? Your the one trying to get a reaction out of me. You dont like me fine you have that right but there is a ignore button for a reason Try using it before trolling just a suggestion.

You offer AA whose career is essentially over , and some nobody for fiala

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
You offer AA whose career is essentially over , and some nobody for fiala
AA career isnt over yes he was hurt earlier and is coming back strong. Correct me if i am wrong but the reason Fiala is even on the block is the wild cant afford him. My offer is 3 cheap player to help with the cap

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
AA career isnt over yes he was hurt earlier and is coming back strong. Correct me if i am wrong but the reason Fiala is even on the block is the wild cant afford him. My offer is 3 cheap player to help with the cap
He's not on the block currently. Even if he's, just because player like sam Reinhart are on block doesn't mean teams take trash back

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
*OFFSEASON* proposal

Mittelstadt (half retained so salary is 1.25 million for 2 more seasons then RFA)
2022 1st (the better of Vegas/Florida, maybe 22-27 range?

Fiala
McBain

Mitts has had the injury bug all season long. He was the Sabres "#1 center" going into the season. Turned a corner development wise after Krueger was fired, and still the Sabres best pure center prospect, hands and nifty skating and great vision. Between Mitts and Rossi you have a center spine with Ek that is fantastic value for the money the next few seasons. Sabres retain half so 1.25 for 1st or 2nd line center depending on line construction.

Sabres get Fiala and can afford to pay him over 7 million. McBain returns a center prospect and Minnesota get back a 1st.

Sabres fans (like me) think Mitts has a floor of solid 2nd line offensive center and a ceiling of dynamic 1st line center (not a top-15 center but in the 16-30 range). Based on that projection its a good chip for a 1st line winger. And only 1.25 million for two more seasons.

Thoughts?
C'mon man, and I say this as a guy who knew and used to like Mittlestadt, a lot. He has got slightly more value than Alex Nylander at this point. He has been nothing but a disappointment year, after year, after year. Offering him and a pick in the mid 20's (at best) for Fiala alone is bad, nvm asking for McBain on top.
Mittlestadt simply doesn't move the needle much at this point. He is a reclamation project, with an unproven skillset and an inability to withstand the rigors of the NHL. On top of that, MN aren't able to take on his contract...I think they would rather pay Nico Sturm that money frankly. Gaudreau isn't a great #3C, but he can win a FO, skate, and play D, all for 1.2M. CM costs over twice that much, can't stay on the ice, and when he does, doesn't produce. MN isn't going to pay for the "privilege" of 50% retention on him.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
C'mon man, and I say this as a guy who knew and used to like Mittlestadt, a lot. He has got slightly more value than Alex Nylander at this point. He has been nothing but a disappointment year, after year, after year. Offering him and a pick in the mid 20's (at best) for Fiala alone is bad, nvm asking for McBain on top.
Mittlestadt simply doesn't move the needle much at this point. He is a reclamation project, with an unproven skillset and an inability to withstand the rigors of the NHL. On top of that, MN aren't able to take on his contract...I think they would rather pay Nico Sturm that money frankly. Gaudreau isn't a great #3C, but he can win a FO, skate, and play D, all for 1.2M. CM costs over twice that much, can't stay on the ice, and when he does, doesn't produce. MN isn't going to pay for the "privilege" of 50% retention on him.

Ok

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Start with a top prospect or high first round pick, then we’ll take complementary peices

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
No one trades for Fiala without having a long term deal in place (IF they decide to trade him), so he’ll return a haul.

I think it’s more likely they keep him and move Dumba out. That F group is special and has great chemistry; you don’t want to break that up.

Reactions: 57special

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad