Value of: Kevin Fiala

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Boeser is a nice player but isn't a line driver like Fiala.
Doesn’t make him less valuable as he’s a much better finisher. Boeser still is a very good line driver even if he’s not Fiala line driver good. Regardless I agree it’s a pointless lateral move for both sides

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Boeser for fiala?
Fair, but don't really see a reason for doing this. Maybe MN would have better luck signing Boeser than Fiala?

I might be biased as a MN fan, but Fiala strikes me as a guy with a more dominating skillset. He has been on fire once he got someone with some skill on his line (Boldy). Before that he was playing with guys like Rask, Duhaime, Bjugstad, and the like.

PuckInTheNards

Feb 4, 2008
Fair, but don't really see a reason for doing this. Maybe MN would have better luck signing Boeser than Fiala?

I might be biased as a MN fan, but Fiala strikes me as a guy with a more dominating skillset. He has been on fire once he got someone with some skill on his line (Boldy). Before that he was playing with guys like Rask, Duhaime, Bjugstad, and the like.

Agree. I still think the Wild have to trade Fiala in the offseason, but I think we'll see how far we can go this year with him in the lineup. Right now, the Wild are rolling 3 legit scoring lines - if they had just one more decent center (Hertl, Giroux, Miller, etc.), Minnesota would be legit contenders.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Doesn’t make him less valuable as he’s a much better finisher. Boeser still is a very good line driver even if he’s not Fiala line driver good. Regardless I agree it’s a pointless lateral move for both sides

Frankly the numbers disagree with you. Fiala has 55 goals in 153 games the last three seasons, Boeser has 50 goals in 150 games the last three seasons. Fiala also has a higher 5v5 goals per 60 at 1.0 vs .71 those three years. The only advantage Boeser has is that he plays more and plays with better linemates.

Last edited:

VanCanFanEDM

Mar 22, 2004
Edmonton
Boeser is one of the most likeable guys I have seen in a long time... I hope the Canucks can resign him to a reasonable deal but if they do move him I hope it's to his home town Wild, which I would think he would sign a reasonable deal with and instantly become a fan favorite.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
i would like the kings to make a offer as he always plays well against us. opening offer AA , Grundstrom and strand

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
what do u see as a fair offer ?

Would assume that if/when he’s moved this offseason it would be for the best future centric offer. Can’t imagine they will want to take on much, if any, of a NHL contract back unless it is a young roster player on an ELC.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
1st round pick and top prospect. Not a bunch of nothing. You can't believe an undrafted player, long time 4th line veteran and gundstrom is getting you fiala?
aa is a former 30 goal scorer Strand has proven he can play nhl min with top 4 upside on a cheap contract .grunderson is a cheap bottom 6 player who is on elc contract. I can see you not liking the offer but its hardly a nothing offer either you dont see enuff hockey outside ur team whatever the issue is i think ur mistaken on there value

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
@KingTech A fair offer from my point of view would probably be built around one of your better center prospects and a 1st. It would also depend on initial contract negotiations. If Fiala can be signed in the $6-7m range for medium to long term, then I don't see him being moved. Minnesota can't really afford more than that with the looming dead cap hits.

heisenbergsitti

Aug 23, 2021
aa is a former 30 goal scorer Strand has proven he can play nhl min with top 4 upside on a cheap contract .grunderson is a cheap bottom 6 player who is on elc contract. I can see you not liking the offer but its hardly a nothing offer either you dont see enuff hockey outside ur team whatever the issue is i think ur mistaken on there value

You can't convince anyone Andrea's below is still good. Even your own team signed him to a 1 year deal this offseason. Andreas Athanasiou Stats and News. You can't use a past number to fairly argue that a player is worth something. He's what he's at this point. If He had any value, teams would have been after him.

Strands wouldn't see a minutes on wild, neither would carl because we are stacked at those positions. So, it's a nothing burger. I think a discussion can be had if you came into this, and offer real value

Last edited:

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Frankly the numbers disagree with you. Fiala has 55 goals in 153 games the last three seasons, Boeser has 50 goals in 150 games the last three seasons. Fiala also has a higher 5v5 goals per 60 at 1.0 vs .71 those three years. The only advantage Boeser has is that he plays more and plays with better linemates.
Boeser is a solid playmaker, it’s not all about goals :facepalm:

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Boeser is a solid playmaker, it’s not all about goals :facepalm:

Okay but Fiala can get assists too. 70 in those 153 games vs. 66 in 150 for Boeser. 1.25 A/60 at 5v5 for Fiala vs 1.1 A/60 at 5v5 for Boeser. No matter which way you slice it, Fiala produced similar raw numbers and better per 60 numbers than Boeser did with worse linemates.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
What off the Devils would work?
Ty Smith , 2022 2nd , 2023 2nd ?
Holtz would make a lot of sense. The Wild would be hoping Holtz can replace a portion of what we lose with Fiala on a much cheaper deal.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Holtz would make a lot of sense. The Wild would be hoping Holtz can replace a portion of what we lose with Fiala on a much cheaper deal.
Because of the cap savings, that might work. Won't lie and say that I know much about how Holtz's game has developed since he was drafted. He's producing down in the AHL, I see.

I have no idea about NJD's cap situation, and if this deal would work for them. They would have to be willing to pay 7M on a long term contract to re-sign him, most likely.

Fiala seems to be heating up (aided by FINALLY having another competent player on his line), and his profile will get higher over the next couple of months.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
*OFFSEASON* proposal

Mittelstadt (half retained so salary is 1.25 million for 2 more seasons then RFA)
2022 1st (the better of Vegas/Florida, maybe 22-27 range?

Fiala
McBain

Mitts has had the injury bug all season long. He was the Sabres "#1 center" going into the season. Turned a corner development wise after Krueger was fired, and still the Sabres best pure center prospect, hands and nifty skating and great vision. Between Mitts and Rossi you have a center spine with Ek that is fantastic value for the money the next few seasons. Sabres retain half so 1.25 for 1st or 2nd line center depending on line construction.

Sabres get Fiala and can afford to pay him over 7 million. McBain returns a center prospect and Minnesota get back a 1st.

Sabres fans (like me) think Mitts has a floor of solid 2nd line offensive center and a ceiling of dynamic 1st line center (not a top-15 center but in the 16-30 range). Based on that projection its a good chip for a 1st line winger. And only 1.25 million for two more seasons.

Thoughts?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
*OFFSEASON* proposal

Mittelstadt (half retained so salary is 1.25 million for 2 more seasons then RFA)

Fiala
McBain

Mitts has had the injury bug all season long. He was the Sabres "#1 center" going into the season. Turned a corner development wise after Krueger was fired, and still the Sabres best pure center prospect, hands and nifty skating and great vision. Between Mitts and Rossi you have a center spine with Ek that is fantastic value for the money the next few seasons. Sabres retain half so 1.25 for 1st or 2nd line center depending on line construction.

Sabres get Fiala and can afford to pay him over 7 million. McBain returns a center prospect and Minnesota get back a 1st.

Sabres fans (like me) think Mitts has a floor of solid 2nd line offensive center and a ceiling of dynamic 1st line center (not a top-15 center but in the 16-30 range). Based on that projection its a good chip for a 1st line winger. And only 1.25 million for two more seasons.

Thoughts?
I'm skeptical that Minnesota's interest in Mittelstadt would be all that high, or that his floor is really a 2C right now. He did seem to turn a corner last year post-Krueger, which made this year an important one... and he's only played a handful of games due to injury. Between his draft position, development trajectory and recent history in the NHL, I really don't know what to make of him.

If they trade Fiala I think Minnesota would rather just go after assets they can develop for themselves.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
*OFFSEASON* proposal

Fiala
McBain

Thoughts?

change it to
mittlestadt
2022 1st (buffalo)

for

fiala
MN 2022 1st
mcbain

and id do it, otherwise i feel like we can get a better 1st elsewhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad