Proposal: Kessel to NYR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Not sure why the word retention is appearing so often in this thread. Rangers don’t need the cap space, this season. And I’m not even sure Arizona could retain at this point anyhow.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Rangers don't need Kessel but make no mistake, Drury is gonna make some moves at the deadline to increase our chances of going deep this year. We're going to see that old pattern of futures for rentals this TDL. Or maybe this is just psychological armor from past trauma.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
I am taking a moment here to think on how much Gallant would appreciate Kessel's work without the puck...

R-C.94bb592b8f46d6d7c302418e4405e228

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Rangers don't need Kessel but make no mistake, Drury is gonna make some moves at the deadline to increase our chances of going deep this year. We're going to see that old pattern of futures for rentals this TDL. Or maybe this is just psychological armor from past trauma.
Or....
he could agree w/bern that best teams going deeper for longer for more seasons is based on depth, and ongoing depth requires cost controlled younger assets.

.... and admit we have enuf booster shot in the arm we should go w/Barron + Kravtsov and MUST sell high on Strome who we can't afford anyway

Kessel for gauthier and a low pick
no
Gauthier has signif upside potential and is cheap right now
It is a waste of assets

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I don't think Gauthier will ever fully put it together. He's got good speed. He can drive his way to the net. But the consistency just won't be there. There's a lot missing from his game. He's really only in the line-up because we're weak on that wing.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Gallant made James Neal look like the real deal. I think he would find an effective use for Kessel.
James Neal was 30 years old and came with his worst goal pace being his rookie season (26/82).
(not counting his 1st 20 games with Penguins after being traded)

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Kessel for gauthier and a low pick

I don't think Gauthier will ever fully put it together. He's got good speed. He can drive his way to the net. But the consistency just won't be there. There's a lot missing from his game. He's really only in the line-up because we're weak on that wing.

I like Gauth, and don't much love Kessel
But I trust Coach Turk to get the most out of Kessel,
and NYR have the pipeline to replace Gauth over time,
from Hunt & Blais, to Barron and Pajuniemi, to Cuylle and Othmann, Kratsov and Henriksson, Berard, and more guys in AHL, CHL, NCAA and Europe

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Or....
he could agree w/bern that best teams going deeper for longer for more seasons is based on depth, and ongoing depth requires cost controlled younger assets.

.... and admit we have enuf booster shot in the arm we should go w/Barron + Kravtsov and MUST sell high on Strome who we can't afford anyway
See Strome thread. Love ya Bern but unless you land the AGM role, Drury ain't gonna listen or agree with you. Maybe you can get a big WWBD (What would Bernmeister do?) poster in his office and slowly wrap your tendril around his brain.
I said in another thread, maybe it's just the survivor's trauma speaking. That Jari Kurri trade still makes me mad. Don't stop being you. Don't let my curmudgeoning ruin your optimism!

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
See Strome thread. Love ya Bern but unless you land the AGM role, Drury ain't gonna listen or agree with you. Maybe you can get a big WWBD (What would Bernmeister do?) poster in his office and slowly wrap your tendril around his brain.
I said in another thread, maybe it's just the survivor's trauma speaking. That Jari Kurri trade still makes me mad. Don't stop being you. Don't let my curmudgeoning ruin your optimism!

No tendril I. And no need for same.
They will recognize my concept on how to upgrade the international monetary system is academically valid, see it as light at the end of the tunnel, put me up for coupla Nobel Prizes, and I will make billions.**
At that point, I can establish a prominent vehicle for my opinions on NYR.
So no worries long term.
Just gotta deal with smaller profile betw now and then.

Oh, and btw
an advisor to 3 Presidents has given a positive preliminary assessment of this theory, incl confirming that all dots appear to be connected and there do not appear to be any flaws in the premise.

And if you doubt my word, pm/convo me and I will give you the link to see it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad